King Elk Forest here: a gift for all of your troubles
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
This takes place right after this thread.

The journey wasn't a long one by any standard, but Queenie's nerves made it seem like an eternity. There was little doubt that @Delight would actually turn away a new recruit, but it would be unlike her to assume anything. Nonetheless, she summoned @Kratha to her side and prodded her to look as submissive as she could (which Queenie didn't expect to be very submissive at all), then called for the Morwinyon and his scout, @Jomyo.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
20 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater

Kratha kept up easily enough, her long limbs and light weight making it easy. She couldn't tell if Stephanie was fast or if she had been really close to the girl's home to start with, but they were soon paused upon the border of what she assumed to be her new home.

Every once in a while Kratha would glance as the other girl; she'd study the way her body moved, catch herself staring a little bit too intently on the bounce of her rear-end as she ran ahead, but it was all innocent, she told herself. She was just keeping an eye out for trouble - who knows if Stephanie was telling the truth. She could've been leading Kratha in to a trap.

But they were here now, and the mottled girl was summoning a slew of wolves. Kratha was feeling more anxious now, left here to sit and wait, knowing she'd likely have to jump through hoops and impress someone more important than the hare-hunter, and that made her feel quite uncertain.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he knows partly queenie's plan -- the training 'em up at home bit, anyway -- but he did not realise she would take him so literally at his joke about finding some willing recruits. not that he's complaining. it's good initiative and all of that, right? that's what he settles on as he shows up to the scene, taking in the sight of his feanaro alongside a long legged, inky-black wolf-like thing.

okay, definitely a wolf, just a strange looking one -- though ramsay would still give her a run for her money vis-a-vis odd proportions. all of her bits look vaguely correct, just sort of.. cutely stretched out.

he's got to stop staring. clearing his throat, delight raises himself to proper morwinyon position, his tail rising over his back in a lazy curl. "queenie," he greets first, his gaze switching between the pair, "and -- who are you?"
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
20 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater

It doesn't take long for someone to join them. They come slinking through the forest with some caution but as soon as Kratha hears that approach, her batty ears twist and she traces their route with her eyes. She half expects a group to find their way over and it is with some relief she is greeted by one wolf. While they size her up, she does the same - and then as the stranger adjusts to a more suitable posture, her own slackens.

His voice cuts through the quiet; he calls to Stephanie with a name that Kratha doesn't know and she resists the urge to shoot her a sharp glance, which is good because the stranger is looking at her again and asking for details. Without missing a beat she introduces herself as, Kratha, but doesn't know what else to say, and fills the void with her own awkwardness. Your girl here found me - said I could come home with her. You got room for strays?
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Not knowing what to expect, she went trotting towards the sound of the howl with her ears and attention all perked. She threaded through the forest and quickly enough, caught up to Delight's trail. The scout was a few moments behind, however, and arrived barely in time to hear the introduction itself.

She slowed to a quiet, neutral pause next to the morwinyon, then set her curious eyes to the dark stranger--Kratha, rather. Jomyo knew attracting new blood here had proven difficult, so this proved an interesting opportunity.. one she wanted to hear Delight's thoughts on. This may not be the time to be all that picky and never had she been the greatest at outright recruitment. Definitely, something for her to polish up so she was listening carefully.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
tweety gave permission to skip queenie for now! :3

the strange looking girl introduces herself as kratha and confirms delight's suspicion that queenie picked her up. hearing her called his girl feels weird, and he almost awkwardly corrects it before he realises she probably means it in a pack sense and not in a.. romantic sense. delight doesn't have girls. at some point during the introduction jomyo's slipped in too and delight gives her a nod in greeting, recovering from the flare of embarrassment he feels.

but anyway. "probably," he says, not flippantly, "is she gonna train you?" normally he asks what skills she can provide etc etc but if queenie's chosen her as an apprentice that's pretty much spoken for. besides, he's never been particularly picky -- between their issues with losing members and their more non-traditional approach to hierarchy (though maybe he should be more picky given the former).
20 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater

The stranger looks a lot like herself, she muses, and is equally ambiguous on first glance. When they speak they seem a bit put-off (maybe by what Kratha has said, or the way she looks, or just because that's the way this person is), but they move on to mention the deal that Kratha's already made. She nods emphatically. She says she'll train me if I stick around, which sounds like a pretty awesome deal, but as she is speaking another wolf arrives. This one is quiet, observant, and colored vibrantly in many tones. Kratha watches them for a split second but retrains her attention on Delight when it is clear they are just here to support their leader. Getting to the point: I'm a survivor, and I pick stuff up quick. I won't be a huge drain on your resources, promise.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Not knowing exactly what she walked in to, she blinked and settled in with her ears up at the stranger. No one was looking too disgruntled, so she was cautiously neutral--but steadily improving, though, the more she did manage to hear. A survivor struck her most notably. Although a further contribution to their miscellaneous collection of wolves here, she did not think they were in a good position to be too picky. Delight seemed to ride on a similar wavelength and Jomyo did not interject, only watched and listened on.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
sorry for the slight wait! we can p much wrap up whenever i think!

if queenie's gonna train her, delight doesn't see any particular reason to distrust her. he trusts the feanaro, their resources aren't in danger of being drained -- delight's impending plans involving moving still weigh heavily on him but he hasn't come to a definitive conclusion on when that's happening yet, so it's not worth getting fussed about (any more than he already fusses). 

to kratha he says, "fair enough -- keep up with your training and i'm sure you'll do well here." he glances at queenie and nods, approving the choice. "welcome to tindómë, kratha. oh -- my name is delight, your morwinyon -- leader -- and this is jomyo, our ambar." with introductions done, he steps back, letting queenie lead her new apprentice into the pack.