Redhawk Caldera What happened back there?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian wanted to see his sister. He promised that he would visit her after the war. Now he was back on Caldera grounds, he wanted to visit her but knew he wasn't stable enough to make the travel. He was also shocked that he had taken a month to get back with Andalusia. A month?! How could that happen? Sebastian didn't realize he had many blackouts and that halfway during his travels Andalusia sacrificed herself for him.

Sebastian was still limping but he was doing better thanks to the effort's of Raven, and he liked to think himself as well. The wound was terribly deep and only now starting to heal and become healthier but with a scab like he had on his shoulder, fur would probably never grow back. Sebastian was looking for @Elwood. He kept wondering why Elwood left them behind. Why didn't he help? Had Andalusia told him to continue without them?

Sebastian thought of Elwood being his friend and whom he fought for in the war. Yet, after the war, Elwood hadn't helped him, or at least he couldn't remember. Sebastian didn't want to think the worst of his friend maybe he missed a piece. Frankly, when he thought back about the last few weeks while he was supposed to be traveling with Andalusia, he couldn't remember much of it. Only that Andalusia had been there.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Although they had won the war and things had mostly gone back to normal, there were still a few things that troubled Elwood. Whip had disappeared not too long ago without a word, and Elwood had to assume it had something to do with the battle and the damage he had sustained to his face. On top of that, Sebastian apparently hadn't been well; he hadn't seen his friend in person, but had heard about his lingering infection and hallucinations.

When he spotted Sebastian up and moving around the caldera, Elwood was first and foremost glad to see him. As they approached each other, his gaze lingered on the remains of Sebastian's tail, thinking about the irony that he now resembled his father even more. He moved with a limp, so Elwood accelerated in order to close the gap between them and save Sebastian from putting too much effort into his movements.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, somewhat cautiously but with warm, genuine interest in his voice.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad when he saw Elwood. His friend greeted him like normal, but were things like normal now? It didn't feel so. He was bothered with what Towhee told him. That Andalusia never returned from the battle and why had his friend left him. He didn't return the greeting as warmly as he would have done before the war. He sat down, slowly before looking at his friend.

"Apparently it took me a month to get back from the war," he stated. "Then on top of that Towhee told me that Andalusia never returned with me. While she saved me and took me out of this battle," he added. Sebastian looked conflicted. "Why did it take me a month? Where were you, Elwood? Why isn't Andalusia here? I saw her here a few days ago! She was with me. I know so," he frowned. He hoped Elwood had more answers. He was just hurt to hear that he had been away for a month, badly injured, and his friend hadn't been there as far as he remembered. Did that mean Elwood hadn't been looking for him?
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sebastian's greeting lacked the friendly warmth it usually held, and Elwood watched as he lowered himself to his haunches, seeming to be regarding him with suspicion. He, too, sat down, anticipating the serious conversation they were about to have. With ears turned toward Sebastian, he listened attentively as his companion began to explain himself, expressing confusion, hurt, and even betrayal as he spoke. Elwood agreed internally that he should have spent more time looking for Sebastian when he and Andalusia didn't return home right away, but he and the other caldera wolves had been healing, too.

"Andalusia told us to go ahead," he said, remembering the moment when she had insisted that he and Whip leave her and Sebastian. He had thought that he was leaving Sebastian in perfectly capable hands, but something had happened along the way, and Sebastian had come back a changed wolf. "She had the best intentions, and so did we. I wouldn't have left you if I had known something would happen. But...Andalusia didn't come back with you at all," he continued, his brow furrowed as he admitted a truth that he knew Sebastian wouldn't want to hear.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian frowned softly when the other explained that Andalusia told them to go again. The male couldn't remember this but it sounded like something she would say. Sebastian didn't understand what happened in between. Even Elwood confirmed that he had returned alone. 'Something must have happened to her,"[b] he spoke. Now he grew panicked and sad at the same time. [b]"Did I abandon her? I can't remember!!! Elwood! I must look for her," he let out and was ready to limp right out of the territory.

"How could this have happened?," he questioned mostly to himself. He frowned and looked so conflicted. He didn't think he would abandon Andalusia, nor that she would abandon him. What if something happened? What if she was dying and he didn't even notice because of his blackouts?!
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Realization and fear dawned on Sebastian's face, and he began to panic. Elwood was conflicted; he understood Sebastian's need to go look for Andalusia, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was some piece of the puzzle missing that they couldn't identify; why would Andalusia let Sebastian return home without her? Where had she gone? Was she even still alive?

"I don't know, but I can help you look for her," he offered, despite the foreboding feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. He knew that Sebastian wouldn't rest until he figured out what had happened in the time he had been away from the caldera; however, he worried about sending his friend out alone, when he was so recently healed from his mental and physical wounds.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Everything didn't make sense. His mind was blurring in panic. Sebastian didn't feel right. He suddenly felt so nauseous. The world spun around him. The male fainted before Elwood, luckily for him falling on his good side, probably because he was already off balance on that side. Sebastian only blacked out for a few seconds before he opened his eyes again. He didn't feel well. Perhaps he was literally worrying himself sick.

Sebastian groaned as he turned onto his stomach, catching his breath. He was not fit enough to look for her. He wanted to so badly. His racing heart was slowly calming down. Tears sprung to his eyes and a flash of anger came over him. Perhaps because he felt so useless and out of control. "I hate the war. I will never fight again," he growled. He glared at Elwood though it was not personally directed towards him. Sebastian just felt that his life was very unfair.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
To Elwood's surprise, Sebastian grew increasingly unsteady on his feet and swayed in front of him, only to lose his balance and topple over. Elwood gasped audibly and moved closer, determining that Sebastian had passed out. The stress of the bad news about Andalusia coupled with his deteriorated health had been too much for him to handle.

The Beta tipped his head back and sent up a quick, urgent call for @Raven. As he gazed worriedly down at his friend, he heard an answering call from the medic, reporting that she was on her way. Sebastian began to stir then, and righted himself slowly, having only been unconscious for a few seconds. Elwood breathed a sigh of relief, although he decided not to cancel Raven's imminent arrival. He still felt like she should take a look at Sebastian.

There was anger on Sebastian's face and in his words, and Elwood's ears splayed in sympathy. "I hated it too," he admitted softly; he and Finley had been the ones to lead Redhawk Caldera into battle, and it had seemed to be the only option, but he still wished it could have been otherwise. "Are you okay? Raven is on her way," he said hesitantly, knowing that Sebastian was really anything but okay.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had missed the howl to Raven. For a moment, he felt guilty that Raven had to come to his aid again. He was a medical as well though he could not be his own doctor. It was good to hear that Elwood hated it as well. He didn't expect anything less from his friend but it still made Sebastian bitter to think about the war. "Yeah. Yeah. It is just the stress and I am just so worried about Andalusia," he admitted.

He kept lying down though. He wanted to catch his breath and just steady himself. Sebastian's ear twitched when Raven approached. He looked a bit guilty when seeing her. He tried to sit up. He didn't feel well. Perhaps he needed some rest. "I want to find her Elwood. I need to find her," he sighed, looking so tired when he said that. "I'm sorry, Raven. I fainted due to stress," he muttered.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sebastian's anger and panic seemed to dissipate, replaced by an indescribable dejection. His sadness and defeat was palpable, and Elwood's heart went out to the greyscale wolf. He nodded his head gently as Sebastian again expressed his concern for Andalusia, just as Raven arrived.

"It's okay," the medic said gently as she gave Sebastian a quick once-over. Elwood watched the brief examination until Raven stepped back, agreeing with Sebastian's self-diagnosis. "It probably is just stress, but you should get some rest and drink plenty of water," she advised. "Thanks, Raven," Elwood said, his gaze shifting back to Sebastian.

"I know you want to go find her, but we can't have you passing out alone in the wilds," he said. "I would say wait a day or two until you get your strength back, and then take someone with you -- maybe @Lagan or @Ben," the Beta suggested, with a sidelong glance at Raven to see if she concurred. The up and down motion of her head suggested that she did.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a long sigh and nodded. "I will," he spoke defeatedly at the medic. He didn't want to be the patient that kept calling the doctor for silly things. He then turned to Elwood and nodded once more. The Beta was right. He couldn't just go out there and pass out once more. Then who knows what would happen.

"I think I will probably take Ben," he then nodded. Sebastian thought it might be a good idea to bond with his son. Sebastian had suffered through the war and it made sense that Ben might have felt neglected or worried about him. "I will go rest now," he spoke to Elwood, and then dipped his head to Raven and Elwood in goodbye. It was still a shock to him that Andalusia might be out there all alone or worse....

- Seb Exit! -

You can archive or post + Archive! :D Thank you for the thread
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
While Sebastian still didn't seem happy, he at least agreed to the terms of both Raven and Elwood. He would take it easy for a few days, then he would ask Ben to accompany him on his search. Elwood watched with a long face as the careworn caregiver excused himself and shuffled away, and found himself wishing that there was more he could do to help.

"Thanks, Rave," he said quietly, and was met with a sad smile from the medic. They exchanged their own farewells, then parted ways.