Stone Circle It's almost like we're plagued
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Valette set before her kidnapping and after the mourning thread. Figured Valette should be made aware of some stuff.

Later in the day of Murdock's death Cebra lay thinking. Mawk wasn't home yet that she knew of and if he failed she could assume the disgusting snake of a man would be back. That and Rowana's return plus the knowledge that Dakarai wasn't an enemy were all things Valette needed to know. 

From outside the den she sent up a summoning call for the female. From behind her she heard a bunch of rustling and then a small weight pressed against her. The fox child. That was probably something she needed to inform Valette of as well.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard a summoning howl from Cebra. She made a quick trot towards the female, finding it strange that she was summoned but maybe something happened inside the territory. Normally, it was that she was summoned to the borders. She arrived moments later, seeing the female. Though instantly noticed the fox cub and frowned. "What is that? Cebra, kill it. Don't play with your food," Valette spoke instantly with a disapproving tone. They already had a dog, they didn't need a pet fox along with that.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Cebra had been licking the top of the pup's head and having a few words exchanged with it before Valette showed up. She estimated the pup was older than she'd thought though it seemed to have some developmental problems. She guessed it was older than six months at this point. He had already caught his own prey and shown signs of being able to leave though neither of them wanted him to.

Valette's words were met with a low rumble of a growl, head held low and respectful though the vocalization held a warning in it as she stepped in front of the cub "I found him injured and helpless Valette, I won't eat him....I'm not keeping him either. Just until I know he can survive on his own. Please...I swear he isn't staying permanently" she spoke carefully,the wariness in her eyes slowly changing to pleading.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly bared her teeth when Cebra lowly rumbled back at her. She was not going to accept that after being summoned by the female to then have her opinion being grumbled at. "You are living in my pack, Cebra. We had enough trouble and angst with all of your children already. I don't need an adopted fox to be looked after as well," she spoke honestly to the female. She was still her leader. Valette didn't mean to disrespectful but it was getting her a bit on edge. She hadn't seen Rowana in a while and now she wondered if the female was still in this pack.

"Plus this fox will now not be afraid of wolves, so the moment it will be on its own and it encounters a wolf it might be killed either way," she pointed out, looking skeptical at the thing. "But that is my opinion. As long as you don't take anything from the caches for that thing," Valette stated. She then looked at Cebra, holding her head higher than hers. She was not going to deal with more grumbles and growls from the female from now on. "You called me? To meet this thing or is there something else? I haven't seen or scented your daughter for a long while."
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra stared blankly at Valette as the alpha female growled back, asserting herself to Cebra who responded by flattening her good ear and uncurling her lips. She was fine now until Valette spoke words that wounded her, words that were unexpectedly harsh. "Trouble and angst. That's all my children have brought."She paraphrased Valette's words in a tone that was bitter not hide the extent of how it wounded her. "Coming from a mother who just lost her daughter and someone I considered a friend I expected more sympathy Valette. Me and Mawk have asked nothing from you, we care for our own troubles by ourselves and haven't come to you and asked pack involvement in our issues. I haven't taken from caches as much as I fill them and he catches his own little tidbits. He isn't as young as I thought him to be, he speaks and hunts and shall be set free soon enough." she spoke in a guarded tone, motioning to the fox pup who looked somewhat concerned as he pressed himself down to the ground away from Valette.

After finishing that small speech to defend herself and her family she licked her lips and continued,pushing down the rising flare of temper that was coming from Valette's attitude. She had no idea what her friend and alpha was going through since she'd been isolating herself recently, but Valette hadn't the foggiest idea what the saefyn's were going through either and she had expected at least a small bit of sympathy.

"Rowana returned yesterday. I have no idea why she left but she is home and being tended to by myself. She will be punished for leaving as soon as Mawk returns." her tone was strictly business like now, no longer seeing herself sharing condolences or sympathies with this woman. "I called you here to report things heard from Mawk. Dakarai, the man Cyron reported isn't a threat. He is Mawk's sister's mate and currently residing in Bearclaw Valley. There is another man who is a high threat. Lonzo is his name, he is Onyx's ex mate. He has kidnapped Onyx, injured Dakarai, came here with Onyx and attacked me. He is highly unpredictable and dangerous. Mawk is out with Dakarai hunting him now." she spoke quickly though her voice became less business like and held a sort of fear upon speaking Lonzo's name. While she wouldn't ever submit to his face, when he'd left her there hurt on the borders she had been scared for her life.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette let out a soft sigh. She didn't mean to hurt Cebra with her words but apparently, she had. Of course, a mother would always be sensitive to what others would say about her own children. Perhaps because she missed Clary she was being more nagging towards Cebra. "You can still consider me a friend, Cebra. As a friend, I won't lie to you," she spoke honestly. Valette was a hunter. She cared for her own. Wolves were her own. She didn't care about wild fauna unless they would be in their food chain and they needed to preserve them for later. She couldn't find any sympathy for the fox child. It was a miracle that she was sort of alright with Poppy. Only because she made herself useful.

"I wasn't being critical of you Cebra. I know you work hard for Easthollow and I do appreciate that. Though you can't expect me to be okay with everything. If this fox is older and can speak then run it out from our grounds. You said so yourself that children might not be the right choice as you have a lot to process already. I don't want you pushing away your feelings. You should mourn your son not take a replacement fox look-a-like. That can't be healthy. I only want to help Cebra. I've lost many of my close ones and if you push feelings down like that they will come back to bite you," she ended worriedly. "I want you to be better, feel happier, as your friend. Not make you unhappy once more because something happens to this fox as well," she pointed out.

Cebra continued with a new story that made Valette's head spin. What?! How did Cebra get in all this trouble?! Then was always something with her friend or a relationship that sprung upon her and Mawk. She wondered if Cebra could ever just sit still in a territory and connect with others instead of drawing problems to herself. "I don't want you to punish your children, Cebra. I can have a talk with her. Perhaps that makes her reason if the alpha talks with her?," she offered more calmly. Valette thought about the whole thing. So, the wolf that Cyron warned her about is actually the mate of Mawk's sister??? But that sister also has an ex-mate that was out for blood? Great. Valette felt a bit mad that this was all happening at their borders. How dare they. Plus kidnap a female. "Cebra... Please be careful," she spoke then. It was curious to her that this Dakarai was in Bearclaw pack. She felt that Xan could make right judgments. If he was so bad then why would he be in Bearclaw?

"He attacked you? Are you okay?! Cebra. You should really just rest in a den. Try to do happy things. I understand this is Mawk's sister but I swear. If after this you don't take a time out from fighting other wolves' battles I will chain you to one of the stones," she stated with a slight headshake. She was worried about the female. It was admirable that she did but this couldn't be healthy. She felt that maybe it might be too late for Cebra. "What do you want me to do? Should I do something? Just stay on the lookout?," she asked. She wanted to tell her to ask Stark to help her but she selfishly didn't want to lose Stark. Steady went to battle and never returned. Valette realized in that moment that she was more selfish than Cebra who gave her all for everyone.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She listened quietly as Valette spoke, all words of reason that made so much sense it struck her. The only reason she had taken in this young fox pup was because he'd looked like Burr wasn't it? Hadn't she even been so far gone as to call it Burr and believe this was her dead son? No, it wasn't healthy, not one bit and she knew this now of course. She had a course of business planned for the day and now releasing the cub was one of them. "I do understand that, he'll be released today and instructed that if he comes back it's likely he'll be chased off or eaten" what she didn't say was that she'd explain it in a non hurtful way and say it wouldn't be her doing the chasing or eating because though she understood this wasn't her child she had grown attached to the adopted pup.

As the conversation turned to Rowana she gave a thoughtful nod "She respects her elders and I do believe she would hold you to high enough esteem to take whatever you say to heart. I'd appreciate it if you would talk to her." she agreed the more she thought of it the better it sounded to her. Then the subject became the one she dreaded and she gave Valette a grim look "I'm actually quite fine, he knocked me out but did not do any damage." she gave a small chuckle of laughter at the threat of being chained to the stones. Then Valette asked what she should do and Cebra gave a moment's pause to think.

"Lonzo seems to be focused on those who are close to Onyx. He never stepped foot over the borders but hurt and abused Onyx to lure me over and attack." she paused for a moment more trying to go over her thoughts before making suggestions. "He told me he wasn't done with me. The Saefyn family seems to be plagued with nothing but trouble Valette...So I suppose all I ask is for patrols to be increased and a lookout to be made. I don't want anyone else to be injured because of the drama that seems to follow me and Mawk." She gave Valette a smile that was supposed to look confident but instead turned out all watery and nervous. "He is large and black furred with pale silver eyes. Despite his size he is incredibly quick and every move holds power. He is dangerous".
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
She was glad that Cebra understood the Fox issue and would chase him out. That would give Valette an excuse if he came back to give him a good bite. Though, hopefully not with Cebra finding out. Only if he would return. Cebra also found it a good idea that she would talk to Rowana. Valette would be happy to do it for her. She disliked Rowana leaving and going so much. The next time Rowana wouldn't be welcomed back so quickly.

Valette nodded at her explanation. "I will make sure there are more wolves on patrol then," she spoke. Valette wanted to tell her that it wasn't true, but she realized it was unfortunately true that her and Mawk were layered with trouble. Valette nodded. "I will tell the wolves on patrol." Valette was worried that something would happen to Cebra if this male was really out for her. "Then you should stay inside the territory if this male isn't done with you yet," Valette warned.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She relaxed a bit more when Valette said the patrols would be increased and pack notified. That was good news but she didn't want Valette to think she'd sit it out and hide away from Lonzo while the others risked themselves. "I won't be leaving the territory, that's foolish for sure. I'll tell Rowana she isn't to leave past our borders or go near them. I'll make it an order this time."she said in agreement and then took a breath,unsure how to continue with what she wanted to say.

"But I won't sit down in a den and hide. I will continue my patrols and I will be there if he attacks. He...is focused on saefyns. It isn't right to let others fight my battles."she said slowly but firmly. She paused and then lowered her gaze. "If I come across him I'll call for the others." was what she said to compromise and she meant it. If she found him or was summoned like before she'd go first, but if given a chance she'd call for help.

little does she know that Lonzo will have her out in seconds xD you can wrap it up if you want!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Perfect!

Valette was grateful that Cebra would talk to her daughter. She dipped her head. She hoped that Rowana would stay put this time with her mother's orders and her advice. Valette rather would sit down and hide if a threat was forced upon her. Then again she was not the same as Cebra. "Okay, deal," she agreed. She couldn't forbid Cebra from patrolling the borders. Valette knew she would call for help if she needed it. "Well, keep me updated then. Hopefully, this matter will be resolved." With that said Valette bid her goodbye to Cebra. She hoped the female would stay out of trouble.

- end-