The Sunspire leading me nowhere at all
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
despite a few hiccups in his emotions-- which were taking him on a wild roller coaster of happy and sad and all those that were inbetween-- terance had settled well into sunspire. he liked being the territory, really enjoyed being the head guardian(and beta, wow), and really liked the wolves here. it was a lot for him to take in all at once, but he felt he could breathe better on these mountains-- for some reason. he tried not to blame any one wolf for that, but he wondered if it was because lyra was so far away-- he no longer worried about her day in and day out... not in the same way, anyway.

but @Wraen, was another story. how was she doing? terance hoped she was doing well. but there was only one way to find out. with a rabbit in his jaws, he set out to find his ashen sister to find our how she'd settled in.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Terance did not have to look for his sister either very far or very long, because Wraen was returning from the early morning hunting session in the snow covered plains right at their door-step. The temperature had risen during the past few days, some of the snow had melted, revealing old and tracks of those, who had dwelled comfortably under the white and cold blanket. The other day she had even been lucky to find the frozen carcass of a crow, but today had been empty.

Therefore to her great joy she spotted her brother with a rabbit in his jaws and, though having no idea to whom it was intended, she ran towards him to cut him in his path and say with a cunning grin: "I can relieve you of that heavy burden. You must be very, very tired."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
and there she appeared! right before his very eyes. terance gave her a playful growl but ultimately tossed the hare her way. "only because it was going to you to begin with-- don't think you can get anything you want just cause you're cute," he teased her playfully, his tail wagging. he sat, because here seemed a good place as any to chat with his sister. on top of that, she looked like she'd been out all day and could use a rest (and a snack) anyway. 

"wanted to see how you were doing? how you were settling in and all that," he then said, getting right to the point. his green eyes searched her face with a bit of worry. though she seemed happy enough now, he didn't want any emotions slipping past him.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I usually do - and you are not immune to my charms. Say, what you want," Wraen countered and then pounced at his gift, picked it up and brought to her earlier spot. Seeing that Terance was not planning to go anywhere, she lied down with the hare lying safely between her extended forepaws.

"I am good - surrounded by my favorite people and living in a nice place - why should anyone complain," she said. "Though I heard rumours that you have charmed more than one lady to join Sunspire. Care to gossip on the matter?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance rolled his eyes in playful jest, wraen was too much for him. but she was his sister and he loved her dearly. "gonna have to call someone about that inflated ego," he teased in return, and as she settled further to eat he followed, sliding down onto his stomach.

relief flooded his dark features as she shared with him how happy she was here. good company and good territory-- terance had to admit he agreed. but still, she followed him here, so he had to make sure all was well with his precious sister. "just checking-- you before me," he said, still playfully, since wraen had recently scolded him a few times for putting others before himself. but her next comment earned a snort. "me? charming ladies? no ma'am... seabreeze already pledged herself and treason-- well i don't know what treason was up to, just stalking after us, i think their minds were made up before they met me," he replied with a shrug. no gossip here. 

for good, fun measures, terance shot his sister a smirk. "i  was just an added bonus, of course."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Runs in the family," Wraen replied and stuck her tongue at Terance, then with both ears keenly listening to, what he had to say on the topic "him and the ladies", she turned the hare on it's back and tore open it's soft belly. A fairly basic set of inner organs rolled out, with intestines still warm and sending white fumes up in the cold air. 

"You are the most eligible bachelor around here right after Rannoch, if he had not already been claimed. I mean, who else have we got - that one guy is old and the other one is a baby. I say - with you being the battle-worn, but still handsome looking beta... you could have anyone," she said and then regarded the hare thoughtfully. 

"Did mom ever told you that you can read future in the gut contents?" she asked him.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
actually, now that terance was thinking about it, he was the most eligible bachelor. but was that a good thing? he still only ever thought about lyra and... lately, honestly, seabreeze, something about her scent the last week was just so appealing. and it was only getting more pleasant to be around. he didn't voice this to wraen, though.

he gave a light snort. "battle worn beta, gotta nice ring to it. not sure if that's how i come across though," he replied with a small smirk, clearly enjoying the ego boost regardless... and then a thought popped into his head. "well, what about bernard?" 

he eyes the rabbit curiously. "once, i think, but i was more focused on eating it... i can't remember what she'd said," he responded with an honest shrug.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"What about him?" Wraen was not really sure, what Terance was implying. She had many friends and the huge wolf-dog was one of them. It had been a little confusing, when he had elected to follow the gang rather than staying behind in Moonspear and working his way through the ranks. Yet she was glad to have him here with them, though being busy-busy-busy she hadn't had a chance to talk with him much. 

"I mean, he got attached to the first person, who treated him nicely, after a very long time, but there is nothing more to that," there really wasn't. Nor were there any other secret suitor hiding in a closet. If she did, Terance would be the first to know. "You ate your future? Come on, Ter..." Wraen groaned and rolled her eyes, pretending to be very shocked, but in reality having a hard time not to laugh at the image in her mind.

"Or maybe it was dad, because the name for this form of divination was Roman. Haruspex, if I am not wrong," she went on. "Though I can't quite remember, which organ you had to investigate. Lungs, heart, liver?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
to his surprise, wraen got almost defensive at the mention of bernard. maybe not quite, but she immediately jumped to the conclusion that terance was implying they were together. he made a face that suggested 'whoa there', but amused, and shook his head. "just meant he's a handsome bachelor too, you left him out of your roll call," he explained sweetly to his sister, but it was clear that terance felt he had gotten some valuable information out of her. 

"probably why i have such shitty luck, didn't pay attention to it," he teased her with a smile, resting his head on his paws as she began to explain the whole topic at hand-- very briefly, it seemed wraen couldn't remember either. he tried to think back. "bet it's liver," he told her as confidently as he could-- but what did terance know?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Liver it is then," Wraen agreed and even if they had guessed wrong, who said they could not invent their own way of predicting future? After all, there had to be the first one, who had got this ingenious idea that the secrets of the universe and fate could be read in the contents of someone else's stomach.

She worked carefully to remove the liver from the carcass, but having a set of jagged teeth instead of sharp knives, the end result was not as precise. Still - you could see the form and at least part of the brown organ was not a mush of blood and tissues. "So - what do you think your future beholds? I say that it is a bloody mess, but you are welcome to disagree."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance stared at the mess, brows furrowing-- unable to decipher anything. he preferred horoscopes-- and the stars. they made more sense, way easier to read than... this. "no i think i'll have to agree with you, dr. wraen, looks like my future is a messy mess," he said with a dip of his head. maybe a month ago that sounded accurate, but terance was actually on path to firmly believing that his future was shaping up. life would be going smoothly soon enough-- he was sure of it. 

"bet it's a tasty future though," he added, and made to grab the liver from her paws-- but fully expected to be stopped and scolded for even trying.
 y
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You greedy bugger!" Wraen exclaimed, when Terance snatched his future and gulped it down. She gave him an accusing look, because he should have left some of the prediction to her as well, but then - before he got his paws on any other tasty parts, ate all the intestines. 

"Maybe we should have looked at the spleen for more favorable prophecy?" she pointed out to the elongated reddish-brown organ that was located not too far from the stomach. Small as it was - still in one piece. "Then Dr.Wraen would say... that your path looks narrow, but smooth. Does that sound better?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
[Image: while-they-are-stealing-food-they-will-s...ures-8.gif]
terance ^^

terance chomped down on that liver-- happy he'd actually managed to get ahold of it before wraen bapped him on the head. he let out a playful growl, tongue swiping over his muzzle, before focusing back in on what she was saying. apparently more future stuff, but this time based on the spleen! "much better, actually," he replied, nose twitching curiously as he eyed the intestines. he wasn't so interested in stealing any more though, so he just looked back up to wraen. "think that suits you too?" he asked curiously.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Slow down, mister - this is your future we are reading now. One divination session per person and per hare. To read mine, you will have to get me another," Wraen explained matter-of-factly. But this did not deter her from eating the spleen and the stomach next without any regrets towards providence. 

"Let's move on - I won't dwell on what awaits you, when we dissect the rectum - shit in life waits us all at one bend of the road or the other," she said, prolonging the pause, by eating the rest of the abdominal contents. "However, heart is an entirely different matter - want to see, what will you face in the love front?" she asked and without waiting him to answer, tore open the thorax, took the lungs and the heart out and put them carefully on the ground. "And don't you try to eat it, before you hear the verdict - or you will die grumpy, cranky and alone. Beware!"

She had got in the role of the fortune-teller and was enjoying it immensely.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"you bring me a hare and i'll read your future some other day-- how about that?" terance replied with a broad grin. he snorted at her comment about the rectum. "gross, wraen," he muttered, but clearly wasn't actually bothered by it, and waited patiently for his grand fortune teller to finish up her snack. he wasn't in a rush to get his fortune told, truthfully-- though it was fun.

for a second, terance suddenly felt like it was his heart laying out in front of them. but that was so dramatic. "ah, save the time, it'll just be messy," terance quipped, ears flicking forward. it was true, anyway.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I would want to see you try," Wraen replied and, since Terance was not interested in finding more about his future endeavours in the love-front, she ate the rest of the rabbit in silence. Some bits she shared with her brother as well and few minutes later there was hardly anything left of the lagomorph.

"Want to cook up a story?" she asked after excluding all other options, which involved physical activity and small-talk. Wraen was not in the mood for them, but for a story - anytime. "In winter, when I was gone for two weeks, I met the prototype of our childhood hero - mine at least - Benny the Mountain. Big wolf, no tail and definitely the character."

This thread - http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=24256 - post 21 for reference. Feel free to come up with other details and story-lines for Benny. :)
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"why not," he replied with a wave of his tail. terance remembered the story well enough, but he'd never given the man in the story a second thought. he was merely that-- a story. so his ears perked curiously as wraen mentioned the man being a real life wolf. "mom based him on someone?" he asked, not in disbelief but in surprise. osprey was so good at making things up on the spot that... well, terance always assumed, everything was from her own imagination. "was he everything you ever imagined?" he then teased his sister gently, smirking with a dip of his nose. 

"mmm... let's see. where do we wanna start?" he asked, deciding he wanted wraen to take the lead on this story. he'd merely fill in-- wraen's stories were always the best, he preferred letting her tell them.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Looks - definitely. He did not agree to the rest of it," Wraen replied, realizing that, though Osprey had taken Burke's looks and some character traits, the inspiration for her childhood hero was very different. He was his own man, with his own quirks and life story. It was a pity that she had not got to know him better. 

"Alright then - so this is the one, where Benny the Mountain and his gang got entangled in Mud Fairy business," she began and on she went. The flow of story was a little strained at times, because coming up with things on the spot was never easy, but, where necessary Terance came to the rescue - true to his nature of a valiant knight. Whether it was a real trouble or an imaginary one.