Moonstone Quarry on your behalf, i asked if he would be there for you
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
Set between the first and second moving threads. Open to all Tindómë wolves :)

The journey was a long one, but Queenie knew that all of their hard work would not be in vain. They would be closer to the rest of the world instead of living in seclusion; that alone was enough to make Queenie ecstatic about the move. Although she had never seen this new territory for herself, she was confident that @Jomyo had picked something good enough for them to settle into. 

The group was moving smoothly with Queenie and Nathaniel on guard and Jomyo leading the party. While Queenie had been moving primarily along the flanks of the group, she knew that she would want to eventually find her way up to the front to try and get a scope of where they were headed. She could keep watch from up there, right? Hey, Jomyo, she called out as she trotted up to the scout.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
They have keep up a good pace and the scout could not be happier for the lack of trouble on the way. With her gut instinct, luck, and some vague familiarity (she's been up this far this way all of once before), all paired nicely with Mato's help, it was apparently enough to keep this moving along smoothly. Jomyo knew this had the chance to be a valuable turning point in the history of the morwinyon's history. Sometimes, jogging along beneath the warmth of the afternoon sun, snow crunching at her paws, it felt almost too good to be true.

But she's kind of proud of them all, really, since she's seen how seamless a transition they have made to the road. She's used to it on her own. Some of them are not, and at least they're all well, and they even have two young little randoms in tow who were thankfully behaving enough. It's something, but they're not there yet; it's not time to even begin to let any complacency in. She will keep her sights sharp until they reach the vale, and then some.

She perked her ears up and looked aside as soon as she heard someone nearing. Dialing down her cruise control a bit, she nodded over her shoulder at Queenie's approach. "Oh hey," she swished her tail in a low, friendly wave when she paused for a few brief steps, letting her catch up easier before she would be on her way once more. "What's up?" she asked. Ever the pessimist apparently, she had to remind herself that she'd be raising way more alarms if there was bad news from the fëanáro's thorough rounds.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It didn't take the two of them long to match paces, thanks to Jomyo's courteous trot. Now that she'd made it up to the scout's side, Queenie wasn't quite sure what she wanted to say, but she knew that she ought to say something. Uh, she began, racking her brain for a follow-up, How much longer do you think? It's not like they were travelling through the most treacherous lands of the underworld, but watching and keeping guard could get boring.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She glanced between the road ahead and her new company's expression, hoping for no bad news.. but curious. She wasn't finding herself all too bothered, although she had been very caught up in heading this route so far and getting them there quickly and safely--especially when she had never done something like this before, not with a whole pack worth of history and individuals at stake. Not a whole lot else had crossed her mind today and when she realized it, she wasn't too sure how to feel besides overwhelmed.. a bit. But that would change soon when they got there and settled down again.

Jomyo took a moment to decide how to answer. An exact timeline was difficult because a lot of this was very vague and dependent on what awaited them. Her plan guided them towards the hot springs from here, then instead of veering south to enter the mountain range closer to the lake, hoping instead to find the safe passage she had used to come out further north. It hadn't been too long since she had come this way.. so she was using that as a very rough, hazy guideline. "I don't know exactly. A few rests, maybe.. it depends on how bad the snow is up ahead but the terrain stays pretty doable through here up ahead--a forest, hotspring, meadow. Nothing rough until we hit the mountain." It also banked on how far they could keep traveling in one go. She was game, but there was a whole pack's stamina to think about, not just her own (another horrifying, overwhelming thought) to consider.

In exchange for concrete facts, she'd scatter some more details along to help: "We're more than halfway there, I'd say.. and we're making pretty good time for a group this big." All true, so she nodded.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Those checkpoints were concrete; they were something that Queenie could focus on and search for. Having landmarks along the way made the journey more realistic and safe than taking an unmarked route to who know's where. Jomyo must have known what she was talking about, or else Delight wouldn't have trusted her with this, right? There was no other viable option but for Queenie to trust her, too. 

Their group was a decent size, Queenie thought; maybe leading was different than guarding, because having a pack like this made the latter much easier. I have a favor to ask, Queenie said, eyes switching from the ground to Jomyo's profile, I wanna be a scout, like you. If you could teach me, maybe I could give you something in return.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The ambar hoped her summary was reasonable enough, no matter how vague her actual answer had been, and the merled wolf seemed alright with it. Jomyo kept on cruising, though to the next turn of the conversation, she quirked a brow. A favor?

A simple enough one, however, although the Eizokusei scout had no easy course to put her through. Only experience, and the desire for the goal at all. But, she could do that. She needed more miles underfoot in this span of the Teekon once they were settling and spring got comfortable too. Queenie seemed to have a good head about her, with a sharp set of eyes.. so Jomyo wouldn't mind having her come too if she was interested in it. "Yeah, maybe we could range out a little together after things settle up a bit?" And when she's done zig-zagging across the wilds for a minute. She didn't know what else would await them once there. "I can help teach you some basics that way. A lot of it just comes from.. doing it, and knowing what to look out for," she said, having always felt it came naturally to her but not everyone had been groomed for it from the start like she had.

As for.. in return? On the spot, and a highly independent sort, didn't know what she could be given right away. Did she need anything? Queenie seemed good at the defense and offense stuff, and while the scout had always relied on her speed and tenacity to get herself out of sketchy situations, she wondered if it might be high time to learn from someone experienced in the aspects just in case her usual go-to options failed her. "Oh? I don't know, like what? I'd have to think on that," she said, but interested enough. Possibilities were endless and Jomyo didn't want to explore them all right now.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I can teach you how to fight, Queenie said, clearly proud of her own abilities, I'm already teachin Kratha and Anatha some stuff. You can come on rounds with me, if you want. It would be a good opportunity for them both to learn a new skill. Queenie could learn from a bonafide scout, and Jomyo could learn from a lifelong fighter. The only question was, would she be to chicken to put words to practice?

Immediately, Queenie began to plan out a spring tournament in her head. One v one, she thought, a smile hinting at her lips.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Queenie wasted no time with a suggestion, one that Jomyo was plenty fine with so she went smoothly headlong into agreement. "Yeah? Alright. Won't hurt any to," she nodded, and found a lighter step just then too as she accepted all of it--from scouting with her to learning to fight better herself. Although the morwinyon's rule seemed to be a peaceful one, the scout knew how impermanent that could be given the right circumstances. She roved a lot all on her own even. Some modicum of skill when it came to a fight would do her some good and something about the undertones of Queenie's overall demeanor interested her enough to want more.

With that in mind, she turned her sights to the road ahead. Every step was one closer and by now, she really just wanted to get them there and situated--sooner, the better. Thankfully they were tolerating her pace, and she was in good company. Quite content to roll with these good vibes, she kept them moving along nicely for as long as she was able, towards their new home and all that would await them there.