Neverwinter Forest See who I am
1 Posts
Ooc — Jassy
Private 
OOC: For my lovely @Hemlock ! <3 Forgive the rust my darling...

"What the hell does he know? I don't need him to protect me damnit, I'm not some helpless little runt anymore..." The warm afternoon ambiance was broken by the sound of a young female wolf's obviously unhappy grumbling. It had been several hours since the fight with her brother and she was still fuming, her silvery blue eyes glinting with hints of cold anger. Reykr had been her protector as long as she could remember, and his body bore the scars of the beatings he'd taken in her place when their father had been eying up targets amongst his children. Myrkr had known there would be no question that he would follow her when she had finally built up the courage to abandon their homeland, but that still didn't mean she had to be happy about it. How the hell was she ever going to find out if she had the mettle to make it on her own if HE was always looking out for her?

The charcoal female's pace and breathing slowed as she found herself wandering deeper into the darkness of the pines she'd felt drawn to. The cool shade of the evergreen giants soothed her rage, inviting her to take a few moments of solace beneath their thick, enveloping branches. She slowed to a halt as she felt a soft smile tugging at the edge of her lips, and she lifted her nose to the spring breeze. The smile spread as her lungs filled with the sensuous scent of the evergreen forest, the noticably cooler air ruffling her long ears and fur. Birdsong mixed with the music of the wind as she breathed it all in, and she felt the tension leave her petite body just as surely as the breath was let out from her lungs. For the first time in a long time, her world smelled...fresh, revitalized, and full of endless possibilities. The looming shadow of her father was gone; in its place was now only the comforting darkness of the forest.

[Image: Q5nxo3r.png?1]
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

The forest that had once been her haven had become looming and foreboding. She was uncomfortable with worrying over the location of the older children while trying to keep the younger corralled - somehow having five children to herself wasn't as easy as it had once seemed. It had never been easy, not from the moment they had fled the isle and its bitter winter. She wasn't familiar with the ways of the sea to be able to live without the support of Undersea. 

Now that the younger brood was more hearty they had to face the choice to return there or not. In truth, Hemlock longed for familiar and for adult presences. The children weren't exactly intellectuals yet, no matter how much she fed their curiosities she was but one woman and she felt like the children needed more influences than just her own. A sudden sound nearby made her pause and the petite wolf narrowed her eyes. Viridian gaze cut through the foliage - only vaguely seeing a dark figure although she could not quite make them out. She let out a bark - not quite a warning, but, an announcement at the very least. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20