Dragoncrest Cliffs everything is the big bang's fault
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
@Bobby? All welcome!

In the center of the redwoods, Furi often passes the fallen redwoods. She does not know how long they’ve been on their side—not long enough to full shine of decay, but not recent enough—but she never paid them much attention. This morning, however, as she’d left Rose’s den to give her a little time to herself, she finds herself approaching them with more than simple curiosity.

The open roots at the base of the trunk haven’t worn away enough to create a den, like Rose’s, but she wonders vaguely if she can hurry it along. Furi steps up close and leans in, sniffing wildly at the frozen dirt still clinging on the dead tree. She flares her nostrils a few times, blowing a mix of soil and snow in all directions. After a moment of further investigation, she lifts a paw to begin digging away into the trunk.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
129 Posts
Ooc —
Everyone was aware of Bobby's cardinal sin: sloth. Since becoming more aware of the hindrance this caused on his responsibilites, he'd tried to cut down on his daily naps. It had initially seemed like it would be easy, but fatigue was beginning to creep up on him. Lazily, Bobby wandered around the territory in an aimless search for something to occupy his time. 

Furi's scent caught his attention first, so Bobby followed it into the tangle of the redwoods, chuffing a low greeting once her figure came into sight.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
At some point, Furi becomes lost. She digs at the dirt, hitting roots each time and occasionally her nails get caught up in them. Eventually, she’s made a bit of an indent, but by the time she forces herself to stop, standing there facing her work, her sides are heaving for a decent breath and her legs are covered in soil up to her elbows and bits are in her fur everywhere else. Light dusting of black and brown cover the snow around her and she sighs, not entirely sure what her motives are for the project.

She is about to lift her feet to begin digging again but she stops when she hears a chuff, turning to see the large form of Bobby. Furi stares at him for a moment, but she doesn’t say anything, waiting for him to speak, what do you want?
129 Posts
Ooc —
It was immediately clear that Bobby's presence wasn't as welcomed as he would have liked. There seemed to be a mutual distaste for the young boy among his packmates, but he wasn't quite sure of what he had done to deserve it; essentially forgetting all that happened before Wildfire's return, Bobby was playing it by ear.

Speaking of which, his ears were flush against his skull and his tail was half-tucked, as if to assure Furi, I'm not gonna kill you or anything; not that Bobby believed he could. I, uh — what'ya got going on over here?
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
He doesn’t answer her question in the way she wants and she frowns, looking away from him and back at the dirt and roots just hanging in front of her face. She’d hardly made a dent and she’s already tired. The girl releases a heavy breath, then, and sighs. “I don’t know,” she manages to say and it’s the closest she can come to for an answer. “There’s a coupla hollowed out trees here and this one isn’t and… I thought I’d try, I guess,” she says and glances from the corner of her eye to see his expression but doesn’t bother turning to look.
129 Posts
Ooc —
It was something, right? Bobby knew that he and Furi hadn't always seen eye to eye — as it seemed to go with quite a few of his packmates — but that didn't mean that he couldn't help. He wasn't entirely sure as to what she had going on with her logs and digging and such, but he had an idea. Are you making a den? he asked, geniunely curious. 

There wasn't much sense to a wolf making a den during the thick of winter unless they were pregnant, and Furi didn't really seem like the pregnant type to Bobby. But if that wasn't it, then what else?
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi looks back to the tree and considers the question. What is she going to do with it if she even comes close? Being pregnant isn’t something that even crosses her mind and so, she shrugs again. Rose has her little nook of a tree she visits and there is Hougeda, where she’d normally sleep but since her friend’s return, she’s barely left her side.

“No,” she finally says, glancing back. “I think the other hallowed trees are older,” she adds, giving up on the task. “What’re you doing?”
129 Posts
Ooc —
The entire interaction had proved to be rather trivial up to this point. With Furi's retort, Bobby licked his chops and shrugged his shoulders forward. I dunno, he admitted, Looking for something to do. There were probably a thousand things he could have been doing (filling full caches, marking marked borders, et cetera) but now that he actually needed something to do, everything seemed taken. 

Something productive, believe it or not.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Bobby seems about as aimless as she feels. There’s no real reason she’d been digging at the tree. Maybe she’s also looking for something to do. He seems to have a sense of humor though she doesn’t know much about him to do anything more than chuckle awkwardly in response. “Yeah,” she agrees with a shrug to indicate she’s in the same boat. “Patrolling is boring, I can only do it so much,” she tells him. She’s alert and focused when on the border, especially with the most recent events, but anything else hasn’t really interested her either. “We could hunt or spar or somethin’,” she offers with a flick of her ear and an indifferent shrug. Whatever.
129 Posts
Ooc —
The two options posed were equally appetizing, once Bobby's recent interest in a new trade was considered. He'd been passively getting himself involved in the activities of mercs within the pack, but he hadn't had a proper spar, unless the play fight with Artaax counted (which he definitely didn't think it did). Sure you wanna spar? Bobby teased with a cocky smirk and a sideways playful twist of his head. 

I might beat you and your pride.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
He agrees to do something—she struggles not to groan—but he chooses to spar over hunt. The Drakru brothers have always been hunters, though Artaax has shown his worth as a warrior, but she hasn’t seen Bobby train where she and Blixen and Eske all work together sometimes. When he shows his cocky smile and dumb remark, Furi licks her lips and strains not to roll her eyes.

“That’s why you went to the war and not me, right?” she says with a playful smirk, hoping to wipe the arrogant grin right off his face.

He gives her a good shove but they wander off, searching for the best spot before they spar.