The Sunspire and i'll die for her
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Pack Activity 
kind of a pack activity but just for olive and cass (: let me know if you want anything changed! 

[Image: photo-1501862169286-518c291e3eed?ixlib=r...8f3effa8d6]

earlier in the day, terance had run into @Olive and @Cassiopeia during his patrol. they'd talked about how nice the weather was, not a single cloud in the sky, and though that sounds like just a passing, half-assed attempt at small talk, it was actually a very fruitful conversation for the three naturalists. they all expressed their desire to stargaze that night, and decided to meet up (despite terance's uncertainty towards olive, still) that night to find somewhere to look together. 

when the sun began to set, they met up at the springs and moved a bit north in the territory, working their way up and around the mountain when, suddenly, the trio happened across a cliff. 

it was beautiful, honestly, overlooking the valley below and the other mountains in the distance. terance was awestruck himself, and nudged cass(who was closest to him at the moment) with visible excitement. it was just... beautiful, terance hadn't seen anything like it. "i think this is it," he murmured softly to the mother-daughter duo.

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
so purdy!

It was not difficult thing, convincing Olive to go stargazing. The druid did it nightly, and more often than not, she was alone for these endeavors — so when the prospect of company arose, a chance to indulge in each other’s wealth and affinity, oh, she leapt at it! As far as Olive was concerned, she was to spend precious time with her packmate and her daughter and she would be nothing but thankful for it. 

They had all agreed to meet up that night, so anticipation lit her every moment that day. Literally the moment the sun began it’s descent behind the peaks of the sunspire, Olive was off to find those two dark wolves, both with eyes of bejeweled emeralds. She found her fellow naturalists with ease, and made quick work of the quickly fading daylight. Certainly, such a mountain must have one or two qualifying stargazing peaks!

Their efforts did not go unrewarded. A valley sprawled below them; the moonwatching trio stood firmly on the promontory, and Olive could not help but notice how the earth appeared to disappear beneath their feet — almost as if they were flying. The druid could not help but release a pleased murmur.  Mother Earth would never fail to impress her. “Oh…” her hushed exhaled faded away, leaving nothing but awe for the expansiveness and ever-variation of the world that laid itself before her. For a moment, any stars that might have begun their twilight show were forgotten.     
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
oh boy. this is old. skipping cas since she's PPC... lyra is brightest in april but....... i'm pretending.....

terance settled beside olive and cass, taking in a soft breath to watch the skyline. it was so beautiful, it really was. terance would never get over the beauty of the sky or just how lost he could get in it. it took away all of his troubles and doubts... it was just, magical, in that way. 

he stared at it for a long while, silence draped over the three in a thing vale of precious, delicate lace. it was a peaceful silence, one terance didn't feel even the smallest bit uncomfortable in. his gaze lingered on one constellation-- a collection of 6 stars that terance just couldn't believe he was staring at. it almost... almost... ruined the moment, ruined the entire place for him. but he tried to hard to be so mature. but it lingered in the back of his throat and strung the more he tried to ignore it. he couldn't ignore it. he had to acknowledge it. terance took a small breath of air and pulled together ever gene he inherited from his mother to think the most insane thought he'd ever thought. that this, this cliff, those stars, this whole circumstance, was a sign

so, quietly, afraid to disturb the peace, terance looked to olive beside him. "can i name it?" he asked softly, gaze flitting between the two wolves.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
haha, let’s go with it! :)

There was something about the grandiosity of the nature around them that was simply awe-inspiring. Perhaps it was the way that she felt as if she were a bird, not restrained to the ground beneath her feet, free to flip and flutter across the expansive airspace of the valley below; or maybe it was the near-deafening reverberations of the earth against her own inner drumbeat. It was likely still the fact that her daughter stood beside her, when she had lost all hope of that ever happening again. Was this experience one of the gods’ divine rewards, for a job well done? 

Soon her initial astonishment bated, and the genuine splendor took over. The druid felt small, and diminutive and serene in the face of . With the light rapidly dimmimng, the astronomer turned her vision skyward and followed his line of sight to espy what he espied. 

The small constellation, Lyra. Hmmm, how interesting…

The mother’s gaze slid across and sky and fell to Terance as something akin to wonder or realization spread across his features. Olive wondered so very deeply to know what the stars were speaking to him, as she knew partially why this particular constellation might be so significant [she had been in Moonspear too, after all]. She also knew what the ancient astrologers had to say about the small, carefully arrange smattering of stars — but, what did this mean to him? What were the universe’s secrets that only Terance could know? Had the moment not been so pure, Olive might have been stricken by jealous

Without a word, Olive conceded naming rights to the star-struck boy; it was only right.  She acquiesced with a dip of the maw, and drew closer to Cassiopeia. Her daughter’s namesake constellation was up there too, somewhere… but right now, the physicality and the realness of her only girl was more than she could ever ask for.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ternace looked between the two fae's. cassiopeia was dark as the night, brought forth into the world by something as bright as  a star-- olive. for even though terance's opinions of olive suffered at the fate of her son, aries, he made an effort to like her, and she truly was regal and as kind as anyone he'd ever met. surely, they saw the constellation as well, he didn't elaborate. 

"lyra's ledge," he said, nose tilting back towards the sky. he'd guessed cassiopeia had never liked the triplets much, and same went for olive as well, but terance loved them all dearly-- all in different ways. and if he had dragged himself far from their presence forever, he wanted a single reminder of them. this would suffice.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
this’ll be my last post ❤

It was a name so simple that she was surprised she hadn’t thought of it herself, but it was significant. It also rolled so delicately back and forth upon her tongue and she spoke it aloud. “Lyra’s Ledge,”   she confirmed, nestling closer yet to Cassiopeia. She was totally contented to stay here and talk stars, or sit in a lovely silent respite, amongst her friends — whatever they wanted to do, she wanted to do too.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
<3

pleased that olive agreed, terance sighed softly and nodded. and then, in silence and good company, the trio watched the stars contently. this would become terance's favorite place to come and stargaze, even if it reminded him of one of his worst inner turmoils.