Ravensblood Forest french exit
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
All Welcome 

samothes is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a tender man, and despite his expressed concerns for @Thelxiope does not remain faithfully by her side as one might expect. that is not to say he does not check on her (particularly in the first few days after her return) but placing someone else above himself on his list of priorities seems a distant dream at best.

he does think of her, though, and after a casual sweep of the borders in the early light of dawn the messeda makes his way back into the forest. his leisurely search for the sea nymph is paused only by the capture of an unfortunate mouse in his path, a quick meal to offer the woman (or a snack for himself if he can't find her easily enough.)
70 Posts
Ooc —

some part of her yearns for the sea. her reacquaintance with it seemed so cursory, and yet after finding again the borders of Ravensblood she loathes to leave them. and so she remains firmly within their depth, finding comfort in her herb cache (long ago forsaken and yet now rediscovered) and the gentle rushing she can hear at night - she imagines it the lashing of the waves upon the shore, and yet knows it to be little more than the brook that snakes through the wood, growing fat with winter's thaw.

thelxiope finds warmth in the dark surface of an exposed boulder, barely large enough to curl her frame upon. muzzle is raised, turned towards the sea, and a low hum of content rumbles in her chest.
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
i am SO sorry for the wait, i'll leave this up if you wanna get another reply in but if not i'll edit in a fade in a bit

he comes to her easily, laying the mouse at her feet with a charming smile. a quick glance assures him her condition is well enough -- her recovery has gone smoothly, and he has every belief she will prove herself again to them in time. so strange how easily he holds these two ideals: thelxiope, the dear friend, yet he would turn his back with constantine if she left them again. perhaps he is colder than he gives himself credit for.

"a small meal," samothes intones, nudging the fat mouse toward her. the boulder is not large enough for him to join her, even with his slim frame, and so he settles at its base, leaning into the smooth rock slightly, content.