The Sunspire when i am blue, she is too
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
calling @Liffey <3

tonight was mostly clear. the sky was dark with only a few clouds trailing across, the stars and moon shining through. terance thought it was a good night to stargaze-- good as any, anyway-- and so he laid on the mountain, higher up on a cliff, with his front paws hanging just barely off the edge. his head tilted back gently, eyes wide and reflective as they searched the galaxy. it was aries season, he thought quietly-- almost time for taurus. he wondered what that meant... if anything. he'd have to read into his horoscope later on, he just wanted to enjoy the view for now.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It had been a while now, since Wraen had had last conversation with her brother - not the greetings and small-talks that occurred on daily basis - but the one, where the party settles down around a table, has tea, cake and biscuits. She had been busy mapping Sunspire's territory as well as those that were located nearby, tracking prey, reading patterns and trying to predict, whether they all would have enough to live on in the coming months. Sunspire was a great place for living in many aspects, but their growing numbers and scarcity of herds within their own lands, worried the young hunter.

She had meant to find her brother, while the sun had still been up, yet she had got caught up in the flatlands and returned to the borders by nightfall. After visiting her den and hiding there some treasure she had found along the way, she sought Terance out and almost walked past him, because he seemed to be barely moving, so caught up in the stargazing. "Evening, Ter," she announced her presence from afar. "What fortune do stars promise us?" she asked, taking a seat next to him and lifting her own muzzle to the vast sky above.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
bumping to present day <3

it was wraen who accompanied him tonight on his stargazing journey. to say he'd actively avoided wraen was wrong but... well, not entirely untrue. but here she was, and seabreeze had actually given him a for-sure answer on where the consequences of their actions laid. so... better now than never, he supposed. 

"well," he began slowly, his eyes pressed to the sky, "virgo will be blessing us with her presence in the coming months." oof... maybe that was too vague? definitely cryptic of him-- something he wasn't very keen on, terance was much better at being straightforward. he tried to make sure wraen knew he was hinting at something, and turned to her with his ears lowered, but a small smile on his jaw and his eyes twinkling. he wasn't the bearer of bad news-- no, terance was actually filled with something quite the opposite of upset.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Never took you for being an eloquent speech guy," Wraen noted with a wry grin, because, when it came to talking cryptically and using double meanings, she was the golden girl of the family. Apparently Terance had dipped his muzzle a little in the same pool as well.

"Now speak like all stargazing-dummies can understand," she asked him curiously, not having the slightest suspicions of, what was to come and, how exactly was Virgo contributing to the events of the coming months.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"i guess i'll leave it to you," he replied with a small smile. nudging her shoulder softly. then there was a pause-- because terance had to mentally prepare himself for... this. this conversation-- just, oh boy. 

"this is good news-- like, really good news, i promise, don't be getting all lecturey with me i've already been over the whole deal. it's sorted and-- a good thing," he started-- which was just a really long disclaimer that he probably didn't need but still. 

he shifted slightly. here! we! go!... "seabreeze is pregnant-- i'm gonna be a father," terance told her, his ears lowering to his skull. but still, his tail tapped against the ground. good news.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh," was all Wraen said and during the lengthy silence that followed this word, which was neither congratulation, nor condemnation, she tried to mull over the unexpected news. The image of Terance, who had been heartbroken at leaving his sweetheart Lyra (and maybe Hydra, as well) behind, and then this guy, who four weeks later merrily declared that he had found a new love, married and was expecting children was hard to put together. For a moment she wondered, if she had been really that busy not to see, what was happening right under her nose. 

"Um... how did this happen?" she finally asked, tone of voice reflecting her confusion and implying that she was not curious about the technical details of the process.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"an accident..." terance admitted sheepishly, his ears falling. wraen's assumption that he was already in love and settled down with a new woman were wildly wrong-- since currently terance and seaebreeze were... well, nothing but friends. but he didn't know she thought that. "it was irresponsible and... i know that, but seabreeze and i are good friends-- this is going to be a good thing," he added slowly, studying wraen's expression-- which didn't seem to have any certain emotion attached to it... besides confused, maybe.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh," was all Wraen said for the second time today, because Terance's second statement wildly contradicted with the first (who he had never mentioned, but she had imagined it implied with becoming a father). She did not have much experience with, how married life with children went, having only her parents as an example, but she somehow had got the feeling that being "good friends", wishful thinking and irresponsible acts weren't the best foundations to build a family on. 

These doubts prevented her to share her brother's enthusiasm for the upcoming big changes in his life. She sat next to him silent and deep in thoughts.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
all at once, terance felt defeated. wraen's lack of enthusiasm really put a damper on how excited he was about this-- and maybe she had a right to not be excited but... well... it didn't sit well with terance. his ears fell.

"are you gonna say something?" he asked quietly.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been unfair to Terance before and she did not like to remember any of the moments, when she had lashed out at him. Therefore instead of throwing the grenade of - WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? - at him, she put it carefully back in the shelf, and moved on to the dusty drawer that contained tips on diplomacy. There weren't many and, therefore she chose the most obvious and appropriate one for the situation - don't say anything that you would regret later. 

"Ehm... let's put it like this - as a sister I am happy for you and wish you and Seabreeze all the best," she started, carefully choosing words, but not looking at Terance directly. "As a hunter, who deals with practical matters daily, I say that you have chosen a very bad time and place. Sunspire is amazing in it's own way, but it cannot sustain too many wolves for a very long time. You are putting your unborn children, as well as others at the risk of starving."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance just sighed softly. "i know that," he said with a frown, "we've talked about it." we being him and rannoch as well as he and seabreeze. "but... i know it's naive, wraen, but i just wanna think about the good for once. there's been so much bad, and maybe it's my own fault, but i'm just trying to think of the good." 

he was quiet again, gaze forward and still. after a pause, he looked back at wraen. "but i know it's not the best thing that could've happened," he added, green gaze faltering.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Terance, I understand you and I know that it has not been easy for you," though Wraen found it hard to be happy for her brother's big leap into the adulthood, she was not entirely heartless. She was sorry that she could not be just as naive and optimistic as he wanted to be now. 

"If it was just your litter - it would be okay. But there is another pregnant female, who is soon to be due. And then there is Rannoch and his upcoming extension of family," she thought that she should make her point by elaborating on the matter. 

"Those kids are your responsibility from now on to the moment they are able to provide for themselves," she continued. "Therefore you can't live with an illusion that everything will sort out itself, that everything will be okay."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance frowned, brows furrowing. "i'm not a child, wraen, i know all that," he said in a firm tone. did she think he was stupid? unable to get a firm grasp on any other words to properly respond to what she said, terance just shook his head and stood up. 

"i'm gonna go, i just thought you should know what happened," he said to her, gaze averted. was he pouting? maybe. but wraen was the one wolf terance had counted on not to shit all over him over this. too bad he was wrong. and unless wraen stopped him, he was going to leave to tell @Seabreeze how their encounter had gone.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Doesn't look like that to me, though," Wraen replied, knowing well that she should not say this and that it would be something she would regret later. But try as she might, she could not feel happy for Terance, the future appearing too grim before her eyes, to hope for a better outcome. 

He left her and she did not try to stop him, because what else there was left to say?