Stone Circle If I could arrest you for messing me up for all women, I'd do it...
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Private 

After spending most of the day with @Banner talking and fretting and fussing she'd told him point blank to get over himself. Brutal, but, B was right as usual, and Stark could only fuss over the possibilities of failure for so long. Skirting around feelings and emotions was one thing he did so very well though but maybe it was time that he was stronger than that. The male had pressed his forehead against his sisters, breathing in the comfort of her scent for a moment until she'd nudged his cheek and sent him on his way. 

No time like the present to make a potential fool of himself. 

Spring had come to Easthollow and the variation of the landscape was rather pretty. He'd remembered the fields out to the east in his travels and gathered some of the flowers that were in bloom. When he'd made it back to the pack lands he'd found a remote area that they might not have been disturbed in and set the flowers to the side. Stark ran down a turkey for the sake of when he'd joined the pack and had it waiting too before he lifted his head and called for @Valette

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been rather upset when Nikai told her he wanted to leave Easthollow. She didn't think she would be so affected by it. Perhaps it was because there was a series of events that made her loved ones leave. First Keoni, then Nanook and Clary, Murdock's death and now Nikai wanting to leave. All core members of her family. It made the female feel unbalanced without the stableness of her family.

There were a few members that were still there though, Steph and Ezra, but most of all, Stark. He was still there. Just as she thought about him, the male called for her. Valette was curious what he would call her for. Perhaps it would be a good distraction. She liked to be around Stark. Valette made some haste to meet him. He seemed to be a more remote area of their lands.

She looked curious as she stepped closer. Her hazel green eyes scanning the area around him before falling on the handsome male. He kind of took her breath away just by standing there. And the good thing was that she didn't feel guilty anymore towards Steady. She felt that it was okay to like another male.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

If Stark had a crystal ball to know everything that Valette was going through he might have waited. He didn't want to seem like he was offering a cheap distraction - Valette deserved better from him after all. What he wanted to do was to provide her with honesty; he'd skirted around things long enough and he was getting more and more testy and protective. It was probably apparent to other people and Banner had been the one to call him on it after all. It wasn't much of a secret anymore. 

When Valette appeared on the horizon Stark couldn't help the smile on his face. His concerns shifted from his own inner turmoil over himself and fixated properly on her just like it should have been. As hard as it was to think of anyone other than Octavia in any sort of romantic capacity (sure, there'd been flings but that was different. Very different.) Stark hadn't quite noticed when he'd just....stopped thinking of her. It seemed like a sort of betrayal but it wasn't as if she was still in the keep (but she was - forever, her eternal resting place beneath the willows) and he was here with someone else and she didn't know (she didn't - and wouldn't) and Stark had to try to focus on the present and not the past. 

It was easier when he stepped forward, asserting himself as he nuzzled tenderly against her. His snout teased along hers and down into her scruff, teasing until he found her skin and could even taste her. For a moment he didn't even speak. He was just overcome with her

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette stood still as Stark approached and watched him step closer. She greatly approved of that. She didn't mind him in his personal space. She smiled at him in greeting. She nuzzled him right back with her own muzzle. Who was she even kidding? This was a far more friendly greeting, far different from friendship. She felt almost too giddy to believe it. Her tail was wagging. Such a romantic sap she was. Every damn time she would believe in love again. She didn't know where she found all this hope. Luckily for Stark, she had found hope and rest that Steady was okay with it. He wanted her to be happy.

Valette hummed softly before playfully sinking through her paws and jumping to the side. A woof came from her throat, feeling very playful and giddy with how Stark greeted her. She jumped forward and nipped the air close to his shoulder before dashing a bit away from him and looking over her shoulder asking him to play a game of tag. No one was very too old for a game of tag. She didn't realize Stark had something very important to tell her. Valette just went with her happy feelings and perhaps also trying to flirt just a teeny tiny bit with Stark by wiggling her butt to go and give her a bit of a chase. Perhaps she would be nice enough to let him catch her.

Hope she is not ruining all of your plans :'D
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

She didn't rebuke him and Stark felt himself near beaming. Well. At least he might have been had he not buried himself so much in her fur - sampling, teasing, wanting to show her his interest. She moved away suddenly and he was about to ask if he'd upset her - his face falling even into a slight frown before she danced her way around and he was caught up in watching her. She was beautiful. He'd always thought so, incapable of ignoring the beauty of another's figure regardless of his status as involved or not. Acting on things was different and Stark prided himself in his abilities to be completely devoted. Not many could it seemed. 

A grin took place of the quizzical frown as she nipped at him, not making contact but promising she could have. When she took off he snapped at her heels before giving chase, trailing after he with a laugh. The dance was a different one than he was used to but he was happy for it, focusing on trailing behind her. He was a hunter after all, although not so skilled as Valette and certainly not as familiar with her territory as she was. It didn't matter - he was happy for the game and even more so for the partner to play with. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette grinned as well when she saw him grin. She liked to tease and flirt. It reminded her of that fun time with Nanook when they talked boys. She never told her sister she liked Stark. And how her sister fluttered with her eyes and thought she was flirting. All good fun. She took off when Stark started to chase her. She made a little jump and started to run. She sometimes looked with a smile over her shoulder.

She made a small loop and returned to their previous spot. She had not unnoticed the flowers. So there must be something Stark wanted to talk to her about. She slowed down and let Stark tackle her if he would. She would go down with him. She didn't mind to be tackled, now she wondered if Stark would be bold enough to go for it. She hoped so. Even she had forgotten her own status.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

The game was more freeing than Stark expected. It did more than that, however, in making him just want her more. He had to admit too, the benefits of being behind her also meant that he could admire her derriere in peace. Her eyes were on their track, although she looked back at him as if she couldn't hear the pounding of his paws against the ground. He let out a bark of a laugh as he pressed forward, relying on his strength to make him close enough he could nip at her flank a couple times before he'd fallen back again. 

Finally they had made it back to the area he'd selected and she came to a stop - looking at him expectantly. Like she was testing him. Stark let out a playful growl and launched himself forward. He was careful to land in a way that didn't hurt either of them, but as he pressed her back to the ground there was a low rumble before he let his tongue trail along her neck. It was such a feeling; electric in it's own rights - she was his Alpha and he was freely sampling her neck, those tender sensitive vulnerable areas. If he was a different man - a worse man - he could end her right there but all he wanted from her was everything. 

"You don't know what you're doing to me." Stark said as he pulled back just enough that he could see her face and read her expression - he needed to see her eyes then. What she chose to do with him after that was her call. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
She wasn't sure if she ever heard Stark laugh before. Valette decided that she really liked that sound. Valette let out yips of glee when the other almost nipped her flanks. She would only try to run a bit faster. Once she slowed down and she was in fact 'tackled' to the ground. Once she felt any pressure she just let herself be pushed to the ground. She chuckled when Stark laid on top of her and licked her neck. She tried to lick him back but the best spot she could reach was his eyebrow or top of his head. She didn't think for a second he was a threat. She liked him.

"I think I have somewhat of an idea," she returned, eyes shining. "Perhaps those are the same feelings as what you do to me," she added. She couldn't imagine that Stark didn't at least fancy her a bit. Otherwise, they wouldn't be really in this position, wouldn't they? She glanced back into his stark blue eyes. Valette smiled at him. She felt so comfortable around him. Even in the silence, there was a comfort between them.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

There was a bit of a relief when she seemed to return his affections. Stark wasn't sure what he'd do if she'd taken it as a challenge - he'd have damn near groveled to try and appease her. "Well, I guess that answers a few questions." Stark hummed out, briefly breaking eye contact to look over towards the flowers and meal he'd gathered for them. "I could get used to this." He teased as he met her eyes again, giving a low hum - this was good as far as he was concerned and he wasn't eager to move. Even if they were found he would have been quite happy still staying right there on top of her.

It was of course an unrealistic expectation that they would just stay like that. They'd get hungry, they'd have their jobs to do, they'd have things expected of them. Still, Stark wasn't going to complain. He teased his teeth through her fur again, letting his nose trail up to her ear. "We could eat if you wanted." He'd let it be her choice. He wasn't going to move until she wanted to, however. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled softly. Her tail patting against the ground. She couldn't help it. She felt very happy at this moment. All of less nice things that happened lately were forgotten for a moment. Valette licked Stark's cheek. The female hummed. "Me too,' she admitted. So it was confirmed they did like each other. It wasn't really that of a secret but it was nice that it was confirmed. Valette followed his glance to the meal and the flowers.

Valette wasn't sure if she felt like eating at this moment. She nosed through Stark's fur. She was more interested in him. "I am going to turn though," she chuckled. It wasn't that she didn't like lying on her back but rather be snuggled against Stark. She rolled onto her tummy and shook out the dust from her head before snuggling right back against Stark. Did this mean she had a mate again? Valette hid her face more into Stark's fur for a moment. "So, we would be mates then?," she asked with a hopeful tone. "Because now I know you like me, and I like you, I am afraid I do not want to share you with anyone," she added. She could only do this thing if they were exclusive.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark leaned up enough that Valette could move, for a moment looking down on her figure and yeah - that was a bit exhilarating in it's own rights. He gave a low rumble of approval before he moved to the side slightly and then curled around her. Stark was surprised by how bold of a question it was but then Valette had never beat around the bush with things. She was frank and honest and Stark appreciated that. "You want me all to yourself?" He asked with a smirk, nosing along her jawline. "I suppose I could handle that..." His tone was teasing enough, and he hoped that she knew how much it did mean. 

"I don't have a name to give you. Just myself." He'd never used his father's surname and he didn't think his mother had one - he just was. And that worked well enough for him. "I just want this - I want you." Stark admitted as he gently preened along her shoulder. Tending to her made him happy and it was something he'd missed out on for a long, long time. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's eyes glittered almost darkly at the male when he asked if she wanted him all to herself. Valette definitely would let you know if she liked or disliked something, that much was true. "Yes," she confirmed with a hint of a smirk. She was not planning on sharing Stark now she would have a man again. She was pleased to hear that Stark would be able to handle that. She placed a lick on his cheek.

"I don't care for names," she returned. She never took her father's name. She even changed her birth name. She was Valette, just Valette. Perhaps she could make it Valette of Easthollow. Though she felt that fitted more with her children. She smiled when he preened along her shoulder and that he admitted that he only wanted her.

Valette licked his lips. There was one thing that she didn't know about Stark. How did he feel about pups? Valette felt that he was pretty good with hers but did he want pups of his own? "There is something else I do care for though," she spoke then. She briefly paused. "I'd like more children," she admitted, quite frankly. "One day," she added, so it wouldn't sound as if she was just mating Stark so he could be another sperm donor. She was not going down that road again.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

At some point panic would set in and Stark would realize that he'd gotten himself a mate when he'd never been in a properly functioning relationship. Whatever had happened with Octavia had never gotten a name - but he'd considered himself fully devoted to her, enough to raise her son like his own. Stark drew a deep breath of Valette's scent in, imagining what it would be like in the coming weeks once they were more a unit and their scents bled into one another. So far nothing bad was even considered of that, it sounded like a good option to him. 

An ear swiveled curiously when she admitted there was something she wanted. He'd almost blurted anything before she explained that she wanted more children. He swallowed quickly, mouth going a bit dry at the thought and he tried to process the best option. He could say yes easily but then he felt like he wouldn't make much of a good father. If he was honest, he wanted to do whatever he could to ensure that he was the best father he could be - and maybe he just needed a good spouse to properly make that happen. 

"I failed my first kid." He reminded her cautiously. It wasn't a no - it was an admittance that he hadn't done what he'd wanted to. "Are you sure you think I'd be good enough for your kids?" 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette knew that this was probably tough on him. She knew the story of Stark thinking he failed his first kid. Valette disagreed on that but she could imagine that the idea of becoming a father was daunting when one thought they were bad at parenting. At least, Stark didn't give her a hard no. Then he asked if he was good enough for his kids. Valette instantly responded. "Yes." She sounded so determined.

"You watched over my kids and provided for them while I was away. They didn't die, sure one got a collar but that could just as well have happened with me," she explained. 'I mean, Steph got injured because of a bison under my watch." She sometimes felt bad about it, but it was out of her paws. Sometimes kids got in trouble and then as a parent, you had to clean the mess they made. "It doesn't have to be this season. Maybe I won't even go in heat," she admitted. Last year she was late to go in heat maybe this year she wouldn't go in heat because she had her pups? She didn't know how fast her heat would come after having pups.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Valette's answer was fast enough to make his head spin. She seemed so assured! Stark appreciated her quick defense of his parenting skills and had to admit - part of him was excited for the prospect of his own family. "You will," Stark assured her, wanting to give her everything she wanted  Valette deserved that. "B is going to be so happy to have a sister that doesn't suck!"  Stark didn't think his sister shared the same opinion on their golden sibling but it was all in jest. 

"And I bet both Banner and Nanook would be happy with nieces and nephews to fawn over...What about Steph and Ezra?"   Stark was fond of both kids although he knew Steph a little better. He didn't want to upset them though with the sudden change. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's smile slowly broadened as Stark seemed to be more into children of his own now he gave it a thought. Her tail started to wag eagerly. "I can't wait to tell Banner. She is my best friend," Valette stated. She wondered what Nanook would think but she knew that her sister would approve as long as she was happy.

"I think Steph and Ezra would be excited as well. Though we should first break the news to them that we are mates then," she spoke with a nod. Because now Valette didn't want to let go of Stark. He would have to move to the alpha den, and even though her children slept on their own sometimes they would spend the night in her den. It would be awkward for them to see their mother snuggled up with someone else, at least she thought so.

Valette couldn't help but be giddy and so happy about this all. She leaned against Stark. "Perhaps now Nanook is gone for awhile it would be nice to have you as a Beta as well. Or do you think it would be too much change for the pack?," she wondered.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark was damn near glowing then. If you needed to get through to him the best way was to speak well of Banner. And if Valette and Banner were such good friends it meant he wasn't really splitting his time between either of them. Best of all the worlds, Stark wins - the world is good. Thinking about their family and it growing wasn't entirely terrifying (yet) and Stark was going to keep hoping that he didn't entirely freak out. Maybe he'd be okay? Maybe with Valette and her experience he would be just fine. 

"Do you want to talk to them alone, or, together?" Stark asked. "I could talk to Banner while you talk to the kids if you wanted." But then they were barely kids anymore, they'd be grown adults soon. That was so much to think about too. Stark gave a soft smile as he leaned in, nuzzling into her. Her proposition made him a little surprised and he shrugged. "Of course I'll accept." Stark said - he knew what he was doing, and he would do anything that the pack required of him. "It's up to you when though - you know Easthollow better than anyone."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was also beaming because Stark looked so happy. It made her incredibly happy. The female showered him with little licks on his cheek and muzzle. She thought about his question for a moment. 'I don't mind you being there," she spoke then. "That could also work," she agreed then. She didn't think her kids would be difficult about it. But she was going to approach this carefully that was for certain.

"I'm glad you want to help with the pack. I think you will do well," Valette smiled and nodded. She knew he would as Stark led a pack already. She might consider making him alpha as well though perhaps after a period of being Beta. "I think I would tell them both at the same time," she spoke with a nod. She assumed her family would be accepting of it.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

"Lets take tonight just us." Stark said with a smile. They could worry and fret over the news and tell everyone they needed to and make sure that the pack knew everything after they'd had their time together. Stark pressed another kiss to her temple, giving a low hum. "We have our first dinner as a married couple." He pointed out. "Although if I knew all it took was some flowers and a catch I might have done it long ago." He teased. 

"Hmm, tonight you're all mine." Stark decided then, giving a low rumble as he tucked himself against her and nodded towards the meal. "And whatever you want - you get." Stark smiled - he was just so happy, he didn't know what else could describe it. He'd missed this feeling for a very long time. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette leaned against him. She liked the idea of sharing a meal together. She hummed though she quickly gave him a playful shove. "Stark!," she let out. Though there was no anger in her voice. She knew he was just joking, plus she was used to his comments by now. She rather liked that he was so confident about himself. Especially as she knew what was his backstory. Valette quirked up her lips. "Though I do like meals being caught for me."

Valette wagged her tail. She liked being all his which might be weird since she was the alpha female, but she liked that she could call Stark hers as well. She didn't like to share her love interest with anyone. "Don't spoil me too much." Now she pictured an old Stark with 15 or so of their children. That was a nice vision of the future.