Little Goat Mountain that he is to take possession before Michaelmas,
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
so he passed through the forest with ease. it was not him home any longer-- if it ever was was debatable, for he had wolves who stabbed him so cleanly in the back that, well, you can put the pieces together. amara was not family. and all the men in his pack were so weak and spineless that when tantalus left, he left the pack with a woman. that was how little he thought of the men in his pack.

but that was neither here nor there, for today was a new day-- the start of a new era. tantalus was walking until he found a new home, with new wolves. ones that would uphold the law-- his law, with pride. they would act like men, protect and serve him and their families. it was how it should be, and tantalus would make it so.

he passed through the mountain with his head head, his ears angled forward on his head as he made his way through. this would not be his home, either.
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"byll," came the boyish croon. "byll. where the fuck are you?"
back, back, back — he'd come back for her, and she wasn't even here. buffalo snorted loudly, splattering urine across the pristine snow. he wasn't marking, he told himself with a wry chuckle. just takin' a piss. but if his piss pissed off some pissant, so be it.
the man rolled his shoulders, hale beneath the ragged blanket of bright red he wore across his withers and muzzle. it was the family way, or so he'd been told. or not really told, more what he had gleaned as a boy from his mother's ravings.
"byll!" buffalo was mad now, mad his crazy sister had run off, mad he couldn't sleep without her narrow body in his arms, mad, mad, "mad!" he shouted until his voice echoed in the woodland.
movement caught his eye. another wolf passing through, probably looking for the same thing. probably not, buffalo scoffed with a dry titter, his own pale paws carrying him after the stranger. "hey!" came a sharp bark from the wraith's throat; historically, buffalo wasted no time in making sure he was noticed, and today was no exception. 
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Hi! *Can definitely delete*

The neighboring territories were being claimed one after the other. Once a pack had taken a piece of land as their own, it meant that Blondine could no longer freely explore! Not wanting to miss out on the wonders of their small world, she decided to make a point of seeing as much of it as possible before it was too late. 

After crossing the thick border of the Valley, Blondine set out for the distant mountain range. There were new scents everywhere, except for here! It was lucky, she thought, that she'd been one of the firsts to find this lovely slice of nature that had been seemingly untouched for years. 

Up ahead, the young Abernathy could hear voices and, with her one eye, make out two distinct frames. Howdy! she called in response to the man's Hey!, her gait quickly coming to a friendly trot.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
the figure of a man came into view-- and his voice into earshot. he was yelling-- probably searching for something, as his tone and choice of words suggested-- but tantalus did not believe that he was yelling at him until... well, until he was. the hey did not go unnoticed, and tan stopped in his tracks to view the pale man coming his way. he was forward, something tantalus respected in a man, but a bit louder than he needed be. but as tantalus was analyzing him, about to respond, a sweet, girlish howdy! came into earshot. tantalus turned to see.

it was a russet coated girl, different than the raven coat of cyclone. but tantalus did not think her more or less attractive than the other woman (as appearance was always his first judgement of a female). his only criticism was that she reminded him of amara, but such could be said about any woman sporting a red coat. 

he remained quiet, gaze narrowing upon the woman before looking back to the pale man-- he tilted his head downwards. "looking for something?" he asked, studying the man, ignoring the woman for now.
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
before buffalo could accost the man, another voice sounded. buffalo's muzzle swung to observe the girl, toned in hues of earth and red. but it was the other male who addressed him, and the pale wraith's jaws curved in a grin. "hey, man," he responded affably enough, before cranking the insanity dial so hard it broke off in his proverbial hand — for fun. "you're a sight for sore eyes. thought i was alone in the world. one minute you're banging your sister, the next she just takes off and leaves you by yourself! you know?" buffalo shared, his words ending in a rusty cackle, and his mismatched gaze watched the cunning baby-blues as if waiting for the other man to confirm he totally knew that feeling too.
"anyway, was wondering if you'd seen her? short, cute, looks like me, has lots of voices in her head?" a pause followed before he swung his muzzle toward the woman, too curious about her presence to ignore her any longer. the ghost's bloodstained shoulders hunched; buffalo regarded her with an open expression of adoration. her beauty was unmarred by her missing eye — it added something to her features the wraith relished, and he swung his plume at his heels. "hello there."
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Dismissal — especially at the hands of a man — was never an easy thing for Blondine to swallow. The male's quick glance pulled from the thin, red woman a curious cock of the head and a not-so-friendly chuff as her second greeting. While she was getting ready to say something, the other brute took her into account and gave a proper hello.

Kinda.

Am I interupptin' something? she asked, a gentle scowl on her face, 'Cause I can go, sweetheart. It wasn't in Blondine to be rude, but there were times where she couldn't help herself. It just looked like the two of you might be kind enough to welcome a lady's presence, 's all.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
*barges in*

Cyclone had hung back, only for a few minutes, to relieve herself. Somehow she got the feeling Tantalus wasn't interested in watching her squat and empty her bladder. She had been following him ever since they met... but not in a creepy stalker way! He had asked her if she wanted to, and she had, so here she was. A flurry of voices and sounds broke out ahead, and just as Cyclone squeezed the last bit from her bladder, she took off toward the commotion. It sounded an awful lot like the Blackthorn mayhem that had taken place not long ago.

She stuck close to Tantalus's side, speaking in a low voice right next to his ear. "Tantalus... what's going on?" she whimpered, acting far more concerned than she actually was. Then again, that white guy with the blood all over himself didn't exactly look like the sane type.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
hm. the man was forward-- open, but tantalus was not disturbed. though he'd never found himself banging his sister-- emily was the pretty sort-- she was everything that aaron looked for in a woman, and so he... in way, understood the appeal. "it's a cruel world," he replied with a dip of his nose, "have not seen anyone like that, i am afraid." 

and finally, tantalus gave the lady who approached proper attention-- deciding that this bloodstained man was not nearly as nice on the eyes. though she had that sweet drawl that he loved so much in a woman, she lacked that patient, southern hospitality that he so desperately believed women needed to have. "sorry, darling," he replied anyway, ears pricking and sterling eyes washing over her, "this man here claims to have lost his sister-- thought i should pay attention to him, i did not mean to ignore such a pretty face." he thought that was apology enough.

and then cyclone wandered in-- mostly on time, tantalus found she was always around. he didn't mind it much, she was decent company, though she clung to him now like a suckling pup-- and aaron had adult matters to tend to. fear made every situation worse, and very clearly the bloodstained man was outnumbered... not a threat. but still, it was his job to protect-- he'd pledged himself to this lady and she was weak as ever, she needed his protection. so his nose swept gently to the base of her ear in an effort to comfort her, but he didn't answer her-- his demeanor showed he had the situation under control, and he preferred she didn't ask questions.. "this is my traveling companion, cyclone. my name is tantalus," he told the two strangers with a small wave of his plume.
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
cackling at this thread
the man answered primly, and buffalo found he appreciated the formal pallor of the other's tone. he himself could be such, but only with effort. and the blood-spattered man did not appreciate work. parting his lips to offer some unasked for detail about the nature of his relationship with byll, he was paused by the voice of the woman.
to buffalo's open surprise, followed by a flare of delight, the one-eyed she-wolf addressed them both with cool grit in her drawling tone. even the glower that etched her features did nothing to dissuade the quickly growing sensation of enrapturement that was beginning to ensnare the madman. 
the fancy wolf was peering at her now, flicking his haughty, beautiful eyes over her richly-hued coat, giving her an excuse predicated on buffalo's own hide. the pale bedlamite glanced between the pair of them, unable to keep the smirk from his lips, and brightened with visible delight when yet another wolf joined them, some slender little wisp with white socks, who put her mouth against the ear of the prince and whispered.
buffalo was further tickled by how the man treated his ward, greeting himself and the red woman with a pair of names. cyclone. tantalus. traveling companion. unable to contain his glee, and hoping he and the king of the forest would be treated to a catfight, buffalo sidled minutely toward the red woman, who had not yet given them her name. not too near; buffalo was a lunatic, but a lunatic with manners. "he's prettier to look at, sure," buffalo chatted in a conversational tone, motioning toward tantalus, "but i'm more of a gentleman, if you can believe it." at which he gave a hoot of his own laughter. no one would believe that; it was fucking absurd.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Tantalus's (or Tanny's, as Blondine would come to call him) response to her sudden outburst was one welcomed with a much softer expression, void of any spite. That's alright, she cooed with a slight dip of her head, eyes never leaving those of the approaching beast, I wouldn't want to interrupt something so important, anywho. Losing a sibling was something that Blondine could sympathize with, and although she didn't know the whole story quite yet, she was glad to have found some possible common ground with the anonymous stranger.

Cyclone's approach was not one taken lightly, as Blondine didn't like feeling cornered. A tiny, almost unnoticeable snarl found its way to her maw as she circled closer to Tanny and Cyclone (otherwise known as Cy). Oh, bless your heart, she said to the stranger with a sweet smile, Its always good of a man to believe in himself. Even if he's crazy. 

I'm Blondine Abernathy. It's a pleasure.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"pleasure is mine, ma'am," he said gently, head tilting as he glanced back to that bloodstained brute that loomed before them. he mirrored the chuckle-- but it was much prettier to the ear, though aaron was not the worlds kindest man, he was certainly more charming. "i could see it," he returned with a dip of his muzzle, "a wise man knows to hide his strengths." untrue. any man who was man enough would know to flaunt all of his talents-- and so this was jab at buffalo. but tantalus didn't voice his true opinions on the matter-- so perhaps he wouldn't pick up on it.

"i have come from the east," he replied with a prick of his ears as they angled forward, allowed cyclone to hover close beside him, and suddenly deciding that blondine too-- in this moment-- would be under his care as well. both girls deserved that. aaron gave every man he met the benefit of the doubt, but ladies were so easily frightened-- and he would do his best to make sure he kept them feeling safe. "i did not see her on my travels, i covered a good bit of territory-- i would try northwards," was his advice to the man.
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
exit buff <3

he was not unaware of how the one-eyed goddess circled away from him, nor was he stranger to the passive request that he depart in the fancywolf's voice. buffalo lifted his chin, staring coldly at each of the trio in turn. "too much for you?" the madman purled with an airy wave of his plume; then ice lanced through his voice, dragging it to a grit-filled snarl. "i know when i'm not welcome," the bear-child hissed sharply, two-toned eyes burning with barely restrained hatred toward the three.
"it's not a good idea to make enemies of kings," he murmured in the next moment, having swiftly found his calm and his usual humour. fixing tantalus with a slow and knowing smirk, the unhinged creature performed a low and mocking bow. buffalo turned and sauntered into the thick woodland then, soon swallowed from sight and trailing a high-pitched titter.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Buffalo's exit was swift and well anticipated, but even after he'd cleared the scene, Blondine couldn't help but feel a bit of uneasiness. Being near Tantalus and the woman flanking his opposite side did serve as some comfort, but it wasn't enough to shake the feeling. I'm glad y'all were here, she admitted with a sigh, 'else I'm not sure I could have handled it. While Blondine did have a temper, she didn't have the skills of a fighter to adequately back it up.

Y'all live around here? she asked, hoping that Tantalus might be up for a bit of casual conversation before they parted ways.