Horizon Ridge What remains
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Dakini

Still atop the mountain range Howl found himself comming towards the Horizon Ridge. Making his way through the forest, the foliage began to clear. He could see small dips in the groud that appeared to have been filled with water at one time or another. As he continued on out of the forested region of the ridge these dips in the ground became bigger and bigger. Their now increases size told Howl that they must have been tide pools at one point or another, but were now dried put and alot less useful.

Still unsure of what to think about his recent desire to find further purpose, Howl looked over the ridge at the sea in the distance. The wind was subtle but relaxing and Howl decided to enjoy this view for a short time.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Shaking her fur, it settled back into place as she stopped for a moment. The heaviness had lifted somewhat, the events of the past few weeks now in the back of her mind. She still had a fam-...a group of wolves who accepted her, and she was determined not to mess it up again. Picking her way through the rubble and dried up tidepools, she was thankful for the silence. The breeze was warm, and the only sound was the intermittent chirping of birds. Taking a deep breath, she shook again, some of the tension falling from her as she then stretched and started trotting.

It was a good feeling that fell over her, and her tiny paws were light over the ground. Gaining speed, a sound of happiness fell from her lips as her small frame seemed to dance over the stark landscape. She ran, loving the feeling of the wind through her fur. After a bit, she slowed, her breath a bit shallow. Her fur was now fluffed out, and she sat down and started smoothing it down, a look of peace on her features.
Daisies and Dynamite wrapped in a fluff ball.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He closed his eyes. Feeling and listening to the warm air sweep past his ears and across his body. He could hear the sound of himself breathing and the nature around him. But then there was another sound, one so faint and in the distance that it seemed to fit with the others. Opening his eyes he looked over his shoulder in the direction of this new noice, but saw nothing. Out of view.

He slowly padded through the woods getting closer and closer to the pleasant sound of laughter. He heard foot steps before she came into view. Rushing through the woods with vivacious energy. He was taken aback by her appearance. He thought she looked small, smaller then most, but most wolves were small compared to Howl. But it made her appear light, and with how the wind played with her fur it seemed to suit her well. Her coat was a mixture of black and white with rich accents of brown.

Her attitude and livelyness was intreaging to him, but it wasn't until she slowed her pace that he came out to greet her. "Hello there Miss" he stated steping out so she could see him. "Is there a special reason you find yourself whicking through these woods? You appeared rather lively." he asked. Maybe she was celebrating something an event that had happened recently. Whatever it was he was very interested in talking with her.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
A few moments after she began to groom her fur, an unfamiliar voice crossed her, and she brought up her head quickly. Her ear swiveled towards the sound as she saw the wolf. He was large, but something about his voice made her at ease. A sparkle came in her eyes, the kindness in them something she hadn't heard in a while. Curiousity won out over caution, and she stood, a slight shiver settling her fur.

A smile splashed across her face, and her soft Spanish accent, although thicker, was still understandable. Hola- I mean, hello. I just returned from a long trip. It feels good to be back, so I celebrated a little. There aren't a lot of moments where one feels peace and happiness, and in the rare time one does, one should stop and revel in it, no? At this, her eyes widened as she realized how open she had been. My name is Dakini. She stated her name softly, hoping he would tell her his. She felt a bit shy, so she began smoothing down her fur, yet her ears were pricked forward to see if he would say anything else.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl had thought her appearance was good, but the accent in her voice was so stunning. He hadn't expected it and it sounded so beautiful. Howl didn't know any Spanish speaking wolves. Or at least if they did they hadn't shown him that they could. But even if they did know how to speak Spanish none had an accent as she did.

So she had been celebrating. A return from a long trip. Maybe it was her accent, but the way she spoke sounded to fluid and the way she described how she felt was very soothing. Charming. He was silent for a moment before he spoke. "I think you described it perfectly." he said with a smile.

He then bowed his head and introduced himself,  "My name is Howl... Howl Pendragon. It's nice to meet you Dakini."
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
He seemed to pause and for a moment, she wondered if he would speak. But as his voice rose from his throat, she brought up her head and her smile grew again. Very few wolves or anyone for that matter liked to hear a ramble from someone, especially from a stranger. It was refreshing to get a comment back on her "cloud" ideas, as her mother used to call them, much less a compliment. Sitting up, she wrapped her tail around her small legs and tilted her head a bit before speaking. Howl...a strong name. I like it.

A small laugh escaped her before she shook her head, a twinkle in her eyes.  But it doesn't matter what I think of it. It's your name. Realizing she was rambling again, she went quiet. She looked up and held his gaze, and momentarily, words escaped her, a very rare thing. Blinking, she broke the gaze and stood, stretching slowly. Curiosity rested on her face when she caught his gaze. She wondered about the scars, but she instead asked him something different. Where do you call home, Howl?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
When she complimented his first name he was a bit surprised. He often gave his surname to distract people from his first name. He didn't mind it but it was often something people commented on as a joke. Few commented on his first name with a compliment. But then she went on to say that it didn't matter much what she thought, though she said it with a laugh Howl didn't think it was a good mindset. "I don't mind. I quite like what you think." he said with a smile.

"A pack south east of here. Near the edge of Teekon. And what of you?" he asked her in return. He would have given her the name of his pack, but he had only just met her and it wasn't entirely his pack to dispose information on.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
He complimented her again, and her ears flicked forward. It seemed he was a different kind of wolf, and it made her want to know more, although the mention of another pack stopped questions that she would have asked otherwise. Tilting her head again, a thoughtful look graced her features. It is odd to me that others describe their home to where they lay there head instead of whom they lay down with. My home is scattered across the land, but if it is a location, I would say, it would be the shores of the sea. Funny how I used to call the desert my home, and now I feel more at ease with the water. Life is curious, no?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Even though her words may have sounded ordinary and regular to her, for Howl they sounded somewhat poetic. He could sense that she was an avid thinking, something who was good at imagining. At least that's how it sounded. He listed to her words as though he were learning the meaning of life as she spoke. "My pack consists of friends. No blood relatives or significant others. I imagine my home as a place that I protect." he said. Though he may not be related to any of the Easthollow members he thought of himself as one of its protectors, and in a way a protector those within it.

She went on to say that he new home was near the sea, a place Howl didn't dislike, but wasn't a place he fancied. "Perhaps their opposing qualities is what draws you to them both. One striped frequently of water, the other overflowing with it. But in both places, sustainable water must be found." an interesting connection between the two regions. Yes, there was plenty of water at sea, but none of it was drinkable.