The Sunspire to start off at the back of the line
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Okay, so that didn't go as well as he'd have liked. But at least he knew where Terance and Seabreeze were headed - er, sort of. He wasn't sure where @Liffey was at this point but there was a lot of mountain under his feet and he hadn't been a member here for long (like, a few hours -- shit, he was bad at this). That said, maybe if he backtracked to where @Rannoch had led him on their tour, he'd find the Alpha somewhere, hard at work. He seemed like the type to be hard at work doing something, that's how he had been within the Vale.

So, believing he was free and clear to seek out his big brother figure, he did just that. Upon finding him Screech knew exactly what he would say and do: explain that he'd found Terance, that he'd tried to apologize, but that the guy was far too smitten with a passing blonde to care. He'd mention doing his very best like no one ever had, and the inevitable split of the pair for privacy.

That'd go over well. Maybe even knock the darkie down a peg. Yeah -- so Screech was actually in high spirits as he crested a rise along the mountainous corridor, and spied a canine shape not too far off; he thought it could've been Rannoch, and swept along the path to intercept.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I was very tempted, but Wraen can leave, if this thread was meant for Rannoch only.

Wraen herself had been on her way to find the leader, in order to speak about some business related to the hunting grounds in the area, therefore, when she heard footfalls behind her, she withdrew from her contemplations about, how to deliver the message better, and turned around. She had heard about a new wolf joining their ranks - news spread fast, where there weren't too many people involved - yet she was quite surprised to recognize the one-eyed beast coming her way. 

"Well, well, well..." she said, when the other was within the hearing distance, and then walked towards him to intercept, in case he decided to avoid her. "Fancy seeing you alive." Because the last time she had seen him, he had been a bloody mess. The fact that he was here - breathing and moving - was a miracle.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Well, well, well, came a voice from the dark, and Screech spun so that his good eye was facing Wraen instead of the hollow of his bad side. This was not the wolf he had been hunting for. In fact, he had hoped never to see this girl again — but there was very little that Screech had control over, and so far nothing he wanted to happen was ever happening. He just had to roll with it.

The fur upon the nape of his neck stood on-end as he regarded the Moonspear reject, but a moment later he was scoffing at her. Yeah, go figure. You know, someone tried to eat me — after Hydra, I mean. That wasn't a glamorous story but at this point Screech was just killing time. Maybe if he stood out here in the open, hot on Rannoch's trail, the Alpha would stumble upon him instead of the other way around. He continued without missing a beat: I ran away from the Cerberus bitches and then I passed out on the beach, or near the beach? I can't really remember. But this guy was there. He was huge, and looked at me like I was an injured doe.

He didn't mention how terrified he'd been, or the fact that he couldn't have defended himself against Raptor if the healthier wolf had decided to take the plunge and tear him to pieces. Screech reflected back on that moment in his life with some solemnity, but then he directed his attention to Wraen in full and said, What about you? Get tired of those Moonspear jerks? Can't say I blame you, they're insane.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Was it a bear?" Wraen arched an eyebrow, when a distant memory of meeting the same guy many, many moons before resurfaced from the dark depths of her mind. He had been boasting about being a bear-slayer or something and had got very upset, when she had doubted his ability to take down any creature that was bigger than a mouse. He had been annoying then and, now listening to him, she could not help but feel a amused and irritated at the same time. He was a person that was not easy to like at first glance (or a third as in this case).

She furrowed her brow, when he called the Cerberus "bitches" and her former packmates "jerks". Of course, he had every reason not to be their biggest fan, but she still did not like the way he spoke about them. Gave her an impression that this guy was very prone to talking bad stuff behind every back that was turned to him. This meant that she had to be careful about, what she said about other people in his presence. "I had my reasons," she replied. "Are you hungry?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

The boy had all but forgotten about his previous exploits, or the tale he used to throw around about being a bear-fighting maniac; he hadn't been one at all. And even now, Screech couldn't imagine himself as any kind of warrior. He scoffs as Wraen brings up the past and corrects her, No, I'm certain it was a homeless man, and a crazy one.

She is vague in her own response and, the boy supposes, he should have expected as much. Maybe she was here as a double agent for the Moonspear wolves? Maybe she had been chased out because she didn't meet their low standards? Whatever the reason, Screech realized it didn't matter too much after all. Plus she mentioned food - and he nodded, I could eat, and thought of the cache full of meat back in the forest of his old home, and how hard he'd worked to help Ravensblood bring that down. To think, he'd done that and then left them without even a taste!

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Let's eat then," Wraen was happy that they had agreed on something and in her experience conversations between strangers always went better, if the awkward silences between them could be excused, by munching down some food. "Follow me," she told Screech and led him off the initial path they had taken. Rannoch would wait.

"I guess that you have had quite an adventurous life since I met you last," she began, walking the rocky path that led towards the woods. "I heard that you had joined a pack and left it?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Wraen welcomed him despite his clear lack of social grace, and soon the two of them were off together. She led him towards the forest and he followed as closely as he felt was proper, and found himself dragging his heels a little bit. Her comment about his adventurous life made his ears twitch.

I.. Sort of, although how anyone learned of his stay with Ravensblood he wouldn't ever know. Maybe Terance had mentioned it, or perhaps Rannoch. After the girls from Moonspear chased me off, I found a group of wolves trying to form a family by the coast. But when I heard Rannoch and Liffey howling, I had to find them. The rest was history.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"An old friend of Rannoch's, eh?" Wraen guessed, though it was obvious from his words earlier. She wondered, whether the two or Screech and Liffey were related in any way, because you could not tell this from looks alone. 

"I have met with your brother Gannet and sister Raven before - this fact may not be very relevant or useful to you, but we are related," she said just because there was very little else she could discuss with Screech that did not involve Moonspear or past events. "My mom was your father's - Peregrine's - sister. Which makes me and Terance your cousins. I suppose that you have met my brother already?"