Wheeling Gull Isle tu me manques; where did you go?
61 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The sheer amount of information that this island had been waiting to pass on would have been much too intimidating for anyone but a tiny, infinitely curious intellectual like Droman. They hadn't even been there for more than a week, and already, he'd discovered so much! There were good things — sometimes, if you opened your eyes, you could see pretty shells hiding in the shallows — and some not good things — Mr. Crab is not friendly; do not chomp. 

Our young scientist had become so wrapped up in his innocent discoveries that he'd forgotten to show mama and sis (oh, Droman, you've got to learn balance)! After finding two small, washed up fishies to give them as a gift, he set out in a search for @Hemlock and @Reed, hoping they would be willing to entertain him for a while.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock felt herself torn. Yet again, she was meant to be in multiple places at the same time. Tapat was not here and her thought's endlessly fixated on the boy even when she should have focused on her missing children. Eirlys and Ceallach did not typically Stray. It was uneasy the questions of where and why - Hemlock panicked but hid it well. They were the last pieces of Lotte that she had. 

When they had arrived on the island again Hemlock felt almost reassured - just because it was a place she knew and no longer was the safety of her children all on her. She did not know if Arturo, or Witchdoctor, had threatened her daughter but she felt better knowing that Seelie and Stockholm would keep an eye on the children as well. The rest of them Hemlock didn't remember much (she'd been so focused on her children) and so she didn't add them to the list. 

She was strolling along when she spotted the growing form of her son, a tender smile growing on her face when she decided to shift her direction and intercept the boy directly. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
I'M A FLASH IN A CLASS OF MY OWN
110 Posts
Ooc — remus

droman has, for the better part of young reed's life, been about as interesting to her as a rock. she tolerates his existence (and, perhaps begrudgingly, will admit she cares for him -- what, he's family, she's not a monster) but is otherwise largely unimpressed with what he has to offer her. she vastly prefers mama and eirlys, who indulge in her need to be fawned over. tapat and celleach are okay. could do better with the indulging.

i digress. the princess is developing interests of her own -- no not just herself although that still features prominently on her list of favorite things. she is attracted to the tiny plants that have begun to force their way from the late-winter ground, intent on forcing spring to happen. the island hosts all manner of treasures -- strange plants and objects that capture her curiousity -- and she is glad mama agreed to her idea of returning. 

she's chewing very thoughtfully on a dandelion shoot when droman appears, fish in mouth. she eyes him indolently, unmoved from her position laying across the edge of the beach where sand and snowy-grass intermingle. then mama shows up -- ah, now, there's a reason to move. she climbs to her feet and makes her way closer, intercepting mama's interception of droman with a happy whine.  
61 Posts
Ooc —
Mama came first and sissy soon after, though the latter seemed to want less to do with his gifts than the former. A bout of disappointment came upon Droman, shown the slow half-tuck of his tail and gentle whines, but he was quick to get back on track. Mama! he cooed after dropping the fish, Sissy, I got sumn'. Hoping that Reed would be more receptive once she knew that he didn't mean any harm, Droman nudged the bigger of the fish toward her and prodded for his sister to investigate.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

It's a little strange here without borders to reinforce and patrol constantly. Things had always been different on the island but now - well. She's also more prickly because of the children and they're old enough to shuffle around and get into mischief now. Hemlock saw Droman's catch and pride welled in here. "Did you catch these?" She asked quickly, watching the boy curiously. She grinned as she spotted Reed and the interactions between them - hoping that her spitfire would be as proud of her sweet brother as she was. 

"Reed, what have you been up to my dear?" She asked. It seemed like they'd all done their own exploring and Hemlock had found a good place to start a cache of her herbs. With blessed spring approaching the healer was more than excited about the idea of getting back to her work. She had forgotten how the winters drained her without the ability to be helpful.

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
110 Posts
Ooc — remus

despite the obvious importance of her presence, mama seems interested in whatever droman has with him. if it is something more worthy of time than her, it is deserving of at least some of her consideration, so the firey-furred girl deigns to look over her brother's offerings. two small slimy fish -- her eyes narrow as she looks at her brother, curious how he possibly managed to catch them. "no way," reed challenges, mostly for the sake of being difficult, though clearly she's impressed at the thought.

then mama addresses her and she eagerly turns her attention to her, preening herself only slightly. "been lookin' at flowers," she announces, the way one would announce the discovery of some paradigm-shifting discovery. "just like mama?" reed confirms, squeezing close to her legs to take her usual position (to think, soon she'll be too big to do this!)
61 Posts
Ooc —
If there was one thing that Droman didn't like, it was being doubted. Reed's accusatory opposition to his gifts hit the young boy hard, stirring up an otherwise dormant anger in his chest. With Hemlock standing right in front of him though, he knew better than to have an outburst. Yes way, he retorted with a matter-of-fact turn of his head, I did catch 'em, Mama. I catched 'em all by myself. Technically, his sister was right; Droman had found the fish, not caught them, but it had still taken a lot of work.

Land plants weren't of much interest to Droman, so there wasn't much that he could pit against Reed in that rite. However, he had become quite intrigued by aquatic life, and maybe that was something Hemlock would find interesting. Me, too, he announced with a proud puff of his chest, I'm gonna be like Mama when I get big.
110 Posts
Ooc — remus
verrrry belatedly slapping a little ending on this <3

both just like mama, mama confirms for the both of them, her pretty mouth turned into a smile. reed dismisses her brother with a petulant hff, hiding her admiration under haughty disinterest, and curls herself toward her mama's belly, quite done with the situation. @Hemlock indulges her with a laugh and leans forward to thank droman, letting her pride shine through clearly even as sister hides hers. what a tumultous pair they will be if only reed never learns to be honest in how she feels.
READ THE FUTURE IN MY PALMS THEN WASHED MY HANDS