Stone Circle Brother in arms
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 
Forward dated to the 13th to get it outta the way if that's okay. @Stark and @Valette

The event of finding Marauder's keep and in turn Stark missing hadn't discouraged him. The fact that his mission to hunt down his brother and best friend was now harder only encouraged him to continue on even more. He hadn't gotten any information on his whereabouts from anyone he'd come across so he simply chose one direction to head in and stuck with it, East.

He'd passed the borders of a single pack but ignored them and continued onward.  He'd stopped to rest several times but never for long, finding Stark a need that always roused him from slumber. For three days he'd travelled onward and now came across the borders of another pack. He naturally brought in the scent and then moved to continue onward before pausing. There was something there, something familiar he'd almost missed. He lowered his nose and sniffed again trying to get it. 

Frustrated he walked the borders with his nose lowered until he found a spot where the scent was so strong he had obviously inhaled a piss spot. It was a smell he'd never forget and one that caused him to grin. Normally he'd be somewhat disgruntled that he had his nose in a dried puddle of Stark's urine but his joy and relief would not be ruined. He stepped back and howled, both for Stark and the alpha here. He didn't have enough certainty in Stark that he'd assume he was alpha here,but he wouldn't ever not call out for him.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Joining as a guardian, but Birk will go in the background, when Valette and Stark arrive.

Two calls in a very short span of time - Birk was surprised and excited as well. He was bored of walking the same distance, seeing and marking the same trees over and over again, his heart aching for a bit of adventure. Because the snow on the other side of the figurative fence really seemed whiter than here. 

Though the presence of the alphess and another wolf, he had not spoken to, was required, he was the first to arrive and intercept the stranger. This was a big and strong wolf, therefore Birk eyed him a little warily from afar, weighing all the pros and cons about approaching. Eventually the sense of duty won and he entered the scene - confidently, but in a little tempered way than he usually dealt with strangers. 

He stopped several feet away with his golden gaze locked at the tall wolf, making his presence known, but not acting yet, unless the other would do anything to provoke.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

The call startled him and Stark cursed how far away he was. He knew in an instant the voice that called out - the particular cadence of the howl. Rhodes. He launched for the border and when he arrived completely disregarded Birk. Rude? Absolutely, but, he wasn't even paying attention his focus was on his friend. He still looked healthy and that mattered but then.... He wasn't paying too close attention either. 

Stark let out a low growl and launched himself fully at him, intending to take him down. The moment he'd struggled Rhodes down he let out a bark of a laugh, briefly pressing his skull to the other males before he stood up and shook his coat off. "I'm glad you made it."  

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Within moments of the howl a light furred brute appeared,silent and wary and holding the posture and scrutiny of what seemed a mercenaries disposition. When the man locked gazes with him Rhodes held it for a moment before giving a nod of his head and lowering his gaze, showing respect. Then out of nowhere a dark form barrelled toward him,growling and slammed into his side. Rhodes squirmed and aimed several grabs toward the brute's scruff, each bite only gently squeezing before he fell to the ground laughing. It was all in good fun, he'd known immediately that it was Stark who had appeared.

His eyes closed for a moment as they touched skull's and Rhodes also climbed to his paws, giving his pelt a quick shake before standing there, a slow smile forming across his maw. "Somebody needs to watch your back and manage your schemes Stark."he replied in a tone of forced casuality before his eyes roamed over his friend. He looked good as ever, older though but then again it had been two years.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was on the other side of the territory when she heard the howl for leadership and... Stark? Valette made some haste to the howl but once she arrived she realized she wasn't the only one. First one the noticed was Stark. He was so close with this stranger? Valette squinted her eyes as she trotted closer though she quickly realized it was a male. Her eye then caught Birk. She greeted him with a dip of her head before trotting closer to Stark.

Valette trusted Stark enough that she dared to approach this stranger more closely. Normally she would make sure there was enough distance between the stranger and her. "Stark, who is this?," she asked, her tail was still raised. She had never met Rhodes but she had heard of him and how he was Stark's best friend. She had never seen Stark so social instantly so it must be someone he was close with at least. That was Valette's reasoning.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Cameo from this point on - feel free to skip.

The stranger seemed to have got the message and, while they waited for the people, who had been called, respected the invisible boundary between him and the claimed lands. Luckily Birk did not have to hold the fort all on his own for very long, because two sets of bounding footfalls from different directions meant that reinforcements were on the way. 

First to arrive was a dark-furred wolf, who dashed past the mercenary without acknowledging him in any way - Birk furrowed his brow and remembered the guy, deciding to deal with this matter another time. Then there was Valette, who was polite as always, and he met her gaze with cordiality and friendliness written in his features. 

With his job here done - because apparently Stark knew the other guy - Birk retreated to the shadows of the tree-line, remaining there, observing from afar, but not interrupting the party in any way.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark scrambled up and grinned broadly, realizing that he'd completely blown past his actual packmate. He gave a sheepish grin, muttering a quick "Sorry about that," before he turned to look back at Rhodes. Seeing his friend again was a strange sort of comfort and he knew that Banner would be happy to see him too. "B's here." He said before he heard Valette approaching, giving her a fond smile. "This is my brother Rhodes." He explained. There was a pride in his voice as he moved to stand beside Valette, shoulder brushing hers before he let them have their process. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
After Stark came a female who's posturing immediately told him that she was boss here, the alpha. This was noted but for a few moments longer he held Stark in his eyesight, giving him a once over again. Yes, he looked good indeed. Rhode's ears perked up at the news that Banner was here as well and he smiled widely, a silent sign that showed his happiness. Keen eyes observed the way that Stark's shoulder brushed against the female's and the proximity to which they stood and he tried to meet Stark's eyes, a curious glint to them. What was between these two? 

When Stark introduced Rhodes he dipped his head and smiled kindly. "Nice to meet you Ma'am. I hope Stark here has been a gentleman?"he asked in a polite tone though it held a teasing jab toward Stark. After a moment he sat down and took on a note of seriousness "I left Stark's side in teekon a while ago to fix things in my Homeland. I came back because I missed him, would you by any chance have more room? Of course I'd be offering any services I can to the whole pack and my loyalty. I don't plan to leave again any time soon" he figured it best to lay out his request without skirting around. He wasn't familiar to this woman like he was to Stark and Banner so his usual joking and playful demeanor would do no good here.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Stark looked so happy. She had heard about this Rhodes and he seemed a very good friend of Stark. Valette returned a smile towards Stark. Her attention was then taken by Rhodes who asked her if he had been behaving. "No, he was a real jerk to me," she spoke but then laughed. "Kidding," she hummed. She felt more inclined to like this Rhodes because he was Stark's best friend. She bumped her shoulder against Stark in away of playfully apologizing. She was pretty sure Stark understood she was just joking.

"We do have some room," she spoke then. "I would be honored to get to know Stark's best friend better. I've heard about you," Valette explained. "What would those services be?," she asked curiously. It was a nice thing to know that he wasn't leaving soon. He talked about all good things but she was curious where his interest would lie.

707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Mentally he made a note to talk to Birk later since he didn't remember spending any one on one time with the male but for now, he was too focused on Valette and Rhodes and when the male dropped back Stark offered him a grateful smile - not that he'd wanted him gone but because it seemed like he understood this wasn't a typical joiner situation. Stark couldn't wait and wanted to just sweep Rhodey into the fold but there was also the whole joining process and the decorum that had to be followed. "He was one of the wolves that helped me after the attack." Stark admitted, looking over at Valette - she'd know what he was talking about. If not for Rhodey's family Stark probably would have died. 

He didn't want to toot his friend's horn too much, leaving room for the male to introduce himself and make his own impressions on Valette, so Stark just held back and tried to actually keep his mouth shut for once. 

48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes expression became one of shock, eyes widening and jaws parting slightly before Valette quickly said she was joking. He gave a slow exhale and flushed, ears flicking back before he chuckled. He liked her, she seemed quite spirited with a good head on her shoulders. His left ear flopped over and he tilted his head to the side as she said she'd heard of him. "Oh? Stark's been tooting my horn then."he said amused and shook his head.

"I can fight,strategy is a skill of mine. I also like exploring and scouting. I can hunt too, just not any better than most wolves."he listed the things he knew he was good at and some things he wished to better himself at. When Stark mentioned the attack his eyes softened. It was where they met and where they became instant best friends and brothers. "I've known Stark for almost my whole life....He's not just my best friend but he's my brother. If he had given his loyalty here then I will give just as much." he said with a warm smile.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched Rhodes. He looked well and fit. So that was a definite bonus. "Well he told only good things," she assured the other male. She nodded at Stark when he expressed that Rhodes helped him after the attack. She was grateful that he did because otherwise, she would never have known Stark.

Valette nodded when the male started to express his talents. "Your loyalty is very welcome, especially along with your other skills." Besides, how could she deny Stark's best friend? Even if he couldn't do anything or had no skills she couldn't possibly deny him. "I'm so glad you two found each other," she hummed. "Rhodes, welcome to Easthollow.'