The Sunspire someone done left the bathroom door open
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
Having actual neighbors for once in Queenie's life was an incredibly exciting experience. Although she might not ever admit it, having other wolves around to talk to was a pretty okay part of this whole "pack" thing. The Family was different; while they did talk, it was always about business. Anything that didn't involve Daddy Bruce's affairs was "out-of-line", so Queenie never had a chance to talk about much. 

Only thing was, once she'd been given the freedom to speak, the young mercenary wasn't sure what to say. 

Their closest neighbors had settled only a short walk away. They were the wolves that Cass had told Queenie about; she recognized the girl's scent on their well-maintained border. It was new, but it had a certain intimidationg factor that Tindómë's lacked (read: When I go back home, me and Krath have work to do.)
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been informed about them having neighbours and, though she was always keen on making new acquaintances and friends, she did not really like the idea of having a group of wolves close to them. Even if there were natural obstacles to not let the two groups intermingle too freely and too much. 

She had been tracking and hunting small rodents that were easier to spot now that the snow was melting, when she noticed a foreign wolf nearing the borders. Without hesitation she went forward to meet the stranger and cut off it's path. "Hey," she called out, approaching the other one in a calm and confident manner. "State your business or get lost," she told.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
As soon as her company arrived, Queenie put on her soldier's stance and tried to look as respectable as possible. It wasn't Cass, and the not-entirely-dominant posture said that this wasn't a leader, so the young merc wasn't enthused by her rude disposition; a demeaning silence would have been less insulting. 

After a moment's thought and a pensive lick of her chops, Queenie decided that a conflict wasn't worth the energy. I live next door, she grumbled unenthusiastically through clenched teeth, I've come, — Queenie cleared her throat and tried out a different tone — I'm a scout. I've come to learn more about Sunspire.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen furrowed her brow, when the stranger rather than acting all polite and respectful, suddenly seemed annoyed, which was an odd thing, in her opinion. After all the female was the one to lurk around Sunspire's doors and windows and to act insulted just because she had been asked to tell, who she was, or go back, where she came from, was beyond the young hunter. 

Not a very good first impression of a nearby neighbour - she remembered that, but let it pass for the time being. Should the other continue to provoke Wraen, she would either call for reinforcements or attack herself. For now she listened. "And your name and the name of the pack you are coming from would be?" she asked, since this had not been mentioned as the very first thing, and Wraen had no idea, who was living next door.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It was incredibly difficult to meet hautiness with respect, but Queenie knew that it was her job. At least, it would be if she could stand through a few more of these situations. After taking in a deep breath and leveling her temper, she decided that the other wolf's requests weren't too much to comply with. Stephanie St. Clair, Queenie announced, voice flat and neutral, from Tindómë. Mercenary and training scout.

It was becoming easier for Queenie to refer to herself as Stephanie, particularly in professional settings. Whereas Queenie might have earned her respect back at home, it didn't get her very far in the Wilds. Can I ask the same of you? Or are you too cocky to give me the time of day?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Funny, how each one of them were nice people under different circumstances, but at the moment were of the opinion that the other was a scoundrel. So much for starting on the wrong foot. 

That's more like it... Wraen thought, while the she-wolf introduced herself as Stephanie St.Clair and revealed that she came from Tindome. At the mention of this the young hunter's face lit up in recognition, because that was the pack Burke came from. If he had made it this far (by any chance), she would definitely pay a visit. Though she had met the old grump once, he had won a place in her heart. 

"Wraen, hunter and chronicler," she returned the favour and dipped her muzzle politely. "Do you by any chance know a wolf by name Burke? If I am correct, he was among your people few moons ago."
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The trades Wraen had chosen surely explained her lack of diplomacy; a hunter had no more business addressing the borders than a chronicler did, but that was just Queenie's opinion. The mention of Burke perked her ears as she listened and thought of how to break the news. I didn't know him that well, she said, hoping that Wraen would be able to read between the lines, but he seemed like a good guy, I guess. Delight really liked him. 

It was Queenie's version of giving her condolences, and although it wasn't much, it was a stark improvement from how she might have behaved even a few weeks prior. Delight's our leader. Who's yours? There didn't seem to be much more to talk about in regards to Burke's death, so she figured that they ought to get back to business.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Had Queenie expressed her opinion out loud, Wraen would have disagreed entirely on the matter. A hunter and a chronicler had just as much business at attending borders than everyone else in the pack. If not to form diplomatic ties, then to sneak upon the stranger and whack it with the heavy history book one would carry around. "You speak of him in past tense - so he died?" she was a little disappointed, because she would have liked to meet the old man again. But he had been so set on dying back then, that she did not believe she would have been able to change his mind about the matter.

"Rannoch and Liffey are our king and queen and Terance is the hand of the king," Wraen explained the triangle of leadership they had here. Standing right after her brother on the rank table she was very tempted to add herself to the group of chosen one's but opted not to do so. She had a feeling that this would not sit well with the stranger. "You moved here recently, I assume? Because, when we first came here few weeks ago, the surrounding areas were not inhabited."
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
How thick-skulled was she? Of course, Burke had died; if Wraen already knew that, then why ask? This wasn't a topic that would have normally gotten Queenie riled up, but with a temper that was already running short, she couldn't help it. Still, the young scout managed to keep her composure. Yes. He died. The words were flat and monotone with little emotion behind them, though (outwardly), she had no ill intent.

Pretty recent, yeah. Right after Burke, we kinda just up and moved. The mountain range seemed to be a hotspot for packs; Sunspire, Tindómë, and soon enough, the Family. It was better this way, Queenie thought; without pre-existing grudges, alliances would come easily. I'm gonna get back to my pack and tell Del about this, unless there's anything else important that I should know or you'd like to, or whatever.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The other might have been good at hiding emotions from her voice and keeping everything polite, but the indifferent way Wraen's questions were received, did not help her to ease into conversation. She felt uncomfortable and slighted in the scout's company and this did not cease in any way as their conversation progressed. She noted to ask Terance - the next time he had a moment to spare for a longer conversation - how he dealt with unpleasant people on the borders that had to be tolerated in the name of good diplomacy.

"That would be all for me - I will inform my leaders of your visit," she replied happy that the Tindome wolf had decided to take her leave. "Safe travels," she added, remaining on the borders, until she was sure that the other wolf had left.