Wapun Meadow the start of something new
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Private 
trade thread! for @Onyx Saefyn

it was her favorite kind of day.  spring was breaking through the wrathful grip of winter, warm sunlight spilling across the valley in delicious golden rays.  the vast blanket of snow that had covered the teekons for some time was beginning to melt away, grass poking through here and there.

she was not a creature well-suited for winter with her short coat and wiry frame, so when spring began to show it always brought her new waves of hope.

pregnancy had taken its toll on the girl as well as her assault and brief stint on her own.  she was hungry and round, so she left her boulder and put her nose to the ground, hopefully on the trail to something she could eat.
3/3
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
It had been over two weeks. It was time to get out. Her breath quickened at the thought, yet she stepped over the border and, letting out a deep breath, she shook her tension out and started trotting. Every step gave her a sense of freedom. Smiling slightly, she perked her ears forward and speed up slightly.

As she reached the meadow, she saw her very round friend and chuffed, her tail wagging. Hey! Knowing she didn't talk, she didn't speak much either as she walked towards her.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

her head snapped up at the voice, and her tail wagged softly.  it was that other girl who had been there when it had happened; they shared some comraderie that reigi doubted that her packmates understood.

hallo, she called back, beckoning the girl towards her.  she lowered her nose to the ground and then looked back up at the girl and then repeated the gesture again so she'd get the idea.  let's go for a hunt.
3/3
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The wolfess's greeting put a genuine grin on her face as she easily came up beside her. Watching her repeat her actions made her tilt her head, then her eyes brightened, and she nodded her head, excitement in her wag as she understood.

Yes! Quickly she put her nose to the ground and concentrated as she began to sniff. She was sore, but she wouldn't let her do it alone, and her company would be enjoyed by the sunlit wolfess.
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
[font=corbel]

yes, she says quietly, moving forward and scenting.  spring had brought forth a variety of fauna, and it was not long before she was on the trail of a turkey.

but it wasn't the scent that gave it away, it was its incessant bawking.  it was making this garbled noise with its throat, strutting along in the grass.

what the fuck.  she looked at onyx almost expectantly, her brow knitted.

[/justify]
3/3
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The noise caught her off guard, and a confused look spread over her face as they came upon this.... thing. Pausing, she crouched, just watching it for a moment. The bird looked like it had ran it's head down someone's throat and lost all it's feathers as it realized the mistake and scrambled back out. Maybe that was why that horrible sound was coming out of it.

Lookingat her companion, she raised her brow and shook her head, speaking softly. I don't know. She gestured one way with her head then the other, hoping she would understand. Crawling a few steps, she gestured again and nodded, swaying her tail, brown eyes meeting mismatched ones.
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

yeah, that bird was ugly.  and it was making a lot of racket.  if they were going to kill it, it would need to be soon lest some other predator come and take the warbling thing away from them.

she rolled her shoulders in a shrug and turned back to the bird, creeping close.  she launched at it and missed (per a roll stray did in tabletop).  it fluttered away on its idiot wings and landed not far away, its stupid little legs carrying it away from them.

she cast onyx a look before running after it again.

3/3
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Watching her friend jump at the creature made her ears flicked fotward, eyes watching as the muscles coiled, tightened and released, her paws itching to do the same. She winced slightly as she missed and ran after her and the odd bird. Working her way around the bird, it wasn't as dumb as it looked, looking huge as it ran full tilt at her, tail and wings spread, a horrible, headache producing vocalization coming from it. Her feet almost fumbled as she backed up, then stopped. 
What was she doing? The bird had lost interest in her and had turned away. Lurching forward, her jaw snapped shut, closing on nothing but a tip of meat and alot of feathers. The bird protested loudly and started her friend's way.
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

she watched as the bird turned around again and onyx missed, and she cursed silently in her head.  if they didn't catch it soon she would have to lay down and rest — pregnancy had really been taking its toll on her!

the bird wheeled around again, wings spread and strutting.  she turned, at its side and aimed for one of its wings and whiffed again.

damn it!

3/3
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As the bird strutted proudly, her companion missed. What were they doing wrong? Crouching down, she studied it for a minute, unmoving as she followed it's movements. Was it worth it? Would it even taste good?

Having an idea, she padded behind it and nipped it. It turned around squawking awfully, but instead of backing up, the wolfess lunged forward, her head sideways, teeth open. They met their mark, and she bit down as hard as she could, hearing a strangled cry after a crunching sound. Shaking hard, a loud pop was heard, and she dropped it and looked down. It was still twitching, but dead? Maybe? She looked up and shrugged then looked back down.
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

yes!

her packmate brought down the terrible, screaming creature.  she walked up to the other girl and licked her cheek thoughtfully before turning to one end of the turkey, biting through the feathers.

she had never liked feathers, but what lay underneath them was often good.  and such was true here, too.

she'd share the meal with the girl and once they were finished, drag the rest back to the whelping den and bury it there — with onyx's help, if she would be so kind.

3/3