Broken Boulder Inner Beauty Is Best Beauty
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia decided to explore more of the area that the group had settled into. It was a nice place, although the caverns...she was afraid to go in. She stood at the entrance to the caverns, just staring down into it. It was daytime, with the sun high up. But the light seemed to just be swallowed inside.

@Lanawyn
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

lanawyn could often be found roaming the internal territories, more or less stationed away from everyone else.  it wasn't that she didn't like their company, but seeing everyone so in love cut her in a way she did not care to dive into.

she had always been the center of attention in at least that way; she had always been light and promiscuous.. but she felt trapped here.  she had her brother here and she doubted he'd let her go.

maybe she could scout the nearby territories, stretch her legs.  though she was weary from travel she wanted to be anywhere but here.

her thoughts lingered on this as she made her way through the territory, and in the distance a large, cavernous area caught her eye.  she ghosted behind korei, staring into the darkness.  dark, isn't it?

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia jumped with fright as she heard someone behind her. She whirled around, and calmed herself down with a relieved sigh as she saw it was in fact Lanawyn. "Hi, Lana" she said, turning back to the darkness. "It's...it's scary...I haven't been down there yet." 

The fear of when she and Ali had fallen through the ground was still there, showing in her somewhat shaky posture and fearful eyes. "What...What do you think is down there?"
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

oh, i didn't mean to scare you! she said with a light laugh to cover up her embarrassment and anxiety.  hi, korei.

she peered down into the caverns, keeping a safe distance.  well, i don't know.  bats, maybe?  come to think of it, she didn't really know what lived in caverns.  and she didn't know if she wanted to find out.  do you.. wanna find out?  we could throw a rock in or something.

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Bats?!" She stared at Lanawyn, she was now more afraid of the dark depths. She recalled bats...It made her shake. Slowly, she nodded to the suggestion, but not before backing up somewhat. If anyone was going to come out of there..."Y-You do it" she said, as she was still a bit scared to even be close.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

yeah, bats did sound pretty scary.  what if one of them was rabid or something?  still, it'd been a while since she'd gotten up to anything mischevious.

she spied the various rocks here and there, occasionally giving one a shake with her paw.  when she found one big and light enough to push, she started heaving it towards the cavern.  she heaved it over the edge and waited.

gonna let you come up with what happens b/c i'm lame.

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia waited....And waited...And- 

Suddenly out burst a whole flight of black furry things with leather wings. Korei screamed, and immediately turned tail and ran till she found a random rock. She didn't even know how far she ran...even though it wasn't even that far at all.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

well, it looked like nothing was going to happen.  she opened her mouth to tell korei they should check something else out, but out popped like A TRILLION BATS and she let out a laughing-scream of her own, casually loping behind korei.

her heart was pounding but she had a smile on her face when she said, okay, so maybe we dont do that again.

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had been panicking behind the rock, shaking all over. As soon as Lana came around, she darted towards her, tucking under her chin with her tail hugging close. "Are they gone, Lana? Are the bats gone?" It may have sounded like she was crying, cause she had been. Out of fear, and remembering what lie underneath the ground, what had happened to her and Ali.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she was ignorant of alarian and korei's trials, and suddenly concerned, lanawyn swept korei to her chest and licked the top of her head.  yes, korei, the bats are gone.  do you want to go somewhere else?  it's beautiful today, we could take a walk?

something to put them both at ease, maybe.  bracken sanctuary had chosen a beautiful territory for their claim, and she was sure they could find somewhere new together.

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei kept close to Lana, eyes staring open out of fright. She nodded and started off...then stopped. She huffed at herself. She couldn't be afraid of things forever. So with perhaps a very exaggerated turn towards the dark entrance, she rushed ahead towards it. Giving a cry out she thought of as courageous...it would no doubt embarass her later.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

umwhat?  korei had seemingly agreed to go with her and then randomly turned, barreling at the entrance of the cavern.  without thinking she darted in after the girl but it was dark and she would have no use finding her with her eyes.

korei? she yelled into the dark, her voice turning hysterical.  her brother would be devastated if something happened to her!

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As soon as Korei had gone in, she had closed her eyes, just running straight in! It wasn't until she ran right into something hard that she was bumped back, and she opened them. And found that once her eyes adjusted, it wasn't as dark as she assumed it would be. She heard her name called and called back, "Lana! I ran into the dark and it's fine! I'm fine, Lana, I'm fine!"
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

lanawyn's eyes had begun adjusting too, and soon it was easy to see the girl's moonbeam coat through the darkness.  and then pride swelled in lanawyn's chest as the girl said — i'm fine!

she sidled up to korei, nudging her shoulder.  you wanna check it out, then?

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei nodded, she wanted to try and oversome this fear of the dark now. She started moving, still watching Lanawyn till she walked right into a cavern wall. With a goofy smile, she gave a rather quiet laugh. "There's...there's a wall there." She couldn't believe she had just walked right one of the cavern's walls.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she burst into a fit of laughter, although it was not dark or malicious.  perhaps we should head back?  she swings her head back towards the entrance, more than ready to get out of the cave.

7/5
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia heard the laugh, but instead she just smiled with it. After, she nodded. Yes, perhaps it was time to. She had already braved her fear, or at least she thought she had. "Yes....Yes let's go." Then she wondered as she started to go, this would perhaps be a good place for dens.