Swiftcurrent Creek you run on gasoline
All Welcome  March 12, 2018, 09:01 AM
Lone Wolves

Assuming @Shrike and Allure reunited per their last thread and are traveling together again. AW.

Her tears had dried. Her soul had quieted. @Shrike had returned to her, and she had kept herself as tightly wrapped in to his embrace as she could get, stealing that moment that did not just offer her relief, but also a reason to continue.

She was grateful to him – but it did not change the recent pain of the past, nor did it help sorrow that seemed to grace their shoulders at every turn. Allure remained gentle and diminutive in the presence of her beloved, but there was a certain hardness that glinted in her eyes now every time she scanned the wilderness before them.

She had desired to put space between them and the Caldera, as well as Blackfeather Woods, and whatever remains had been left there. She led Shrike to Swiftcurrent Creek, insisting for now they could rest there. Her parents had met and fell in love here – they had insisted it to be cursed, but it couldn’t be more cursed than what seemed to befall every Frostfur.

Shrike was not at her side at the moment, though it was unlikely he was far. Rigid, the black and white she-wolf stood upon the edge of the rushing waters, her bright eyes fierce upon the shifting waters. Winter was still within the lands in the traces of snow – but with the trace of her own heat, and the warmth of the season, she knew spring would be upon them soon.. and so she was in no rush for the pair to find a pack to call home. She wanted to weigh their options.

Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
March 16, 2018, 12:14 PM
Hunter I
btw I *love* all things Scimitar so I love all his babies, so I am really excited for this

aditya relished in all there was to explore on this side of the mountains. it seemed a vaster, more interesting land, and while he did miss some landmarks to the south--the hot springs, first and foremost, and the striking majesty of the caldera--he was quite content in this new, fresh place, even if it was a bit colder.

today he had meandered south from the maplewood, skirting the edges of the wetlands before finding his way to a dangerously quick-running stream; now that the ice was melting, its full power was on display. keeping a careful distance, aditya followed its course, noting in his mind the landmarks nearby.

an unusual-looking mountain, to the east, and a beautiful meadow in the foreground. this was also where he'd understood easthollow to roughly be; he wondered how far off their allies were, from where he stood.

he rounded a bend and found a striking gray woman standing at the edge of the water, aqua eyes vivid against her dark face. she appeared to be alone, though adi didn't let himself be fooled by appearances; she could very well have a companion or two--or more--nearby, watching his every move. with a chuff of greeting, aditya padded over, keeping a few tail-lengths between them as he spoke.

"is there good fishing to be had here, in these waters?" he asked, thinking her a local and therefore an expert on the local fauna.