Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
BWP! Since it ends in 3 Days!

Valette was out in the fields. The snows had melted and the grasses underneath were growing quickly. Soon their plains would be filled with high grass. Valette couldn't wait. The female noticed that her thick winter fur was shedding with plucks at the time. She rubbed herself against the ground to make the fur get looser. However, as she was doing that Valette was suddenly alerted by a weird noise.

She sat up and then perked up her ears. THERE! Dark in the sky was the biggest bird she ever had seen! It didn't have wings but it seemed to be coming closer. Valette was quite startled and felt the fear spread through her body. Where these the things Stark told her about. Valette felt the gushes of wind as the thing came closer. She growled, though her tail was slowly inching between her legs. The herds were fleeing as well, Valette wanted to flee as well as she had no clue how to fight the thing in the skies. She started the run as fast as she could, howling to her pack to take cover
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birk, who was more concerned about the things that happened within his eye level, rarely if ever lifted his head to check, what was happening above his head. If that was something he could not reach, then it was of no interest to him. Therefore, when he - looking for Valette and having almost tracked her down - heard the rumbling noise and the gusts of wind that accompanied him, he was less panicked than amazed. He craned his neck back to have a good look at the alien thing that flew above him, but did not react in any way.

That was until he first heard and then saw the fleeing form of his leader. She looked anxious and rather than running for his life himself, Birk set after the gray-furred lady. And as he did this, he did not realize that for the first time since he had joined Easthollow, he was not doing this for the sake of leaving a good impression. He was genuinely worried for his packmate's well-being.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette ran for the trees, not noticing that Birk was close to her. She ran as fast as she could to seek cover. She wished she was brave enough to attack it, though what feared her was that there was no way of attacking it. She felt like prey. She only noticed as she was closer to the trees that Birk was running after her. She thought he was running away as well.

As soon as the sound lessened and the trees covered her, Valette came to a stop. She turned on her heels and looked out towards the plains where the strange thing was. The female panted harshly, catching her breath. She scowled at the thing as it became smaller and smaller. Valette was still panting as she watched the thing. For now, they had won it seemed.
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All had been quiet since he'd joined, he'd been made aware of the happenings around the pack and informed of the extra patrols and to be on guard. Spring had finally begun to show itself, snow melting and revealing bright green grass. The air smelled different too, pleasant and warmed by the rays of sunshine with moisture that promised rain. 

He was heading toward the stone circle when the low humming made him prick his ears. On alert he lifted his head and looked around as the noise grew, ears pricking forward warily. He knew what it was not just because he'd heard it here before but because they'd had them in his homelands. Big non animal things that flew and held beings called mankind in their bellies. He had labeled them False Birds because they flew but held no wings or feathers. He had seen wolves and larger game shot down with long sharp sticks that zoomed down from within them. A horrifying memory that made him shiver.

At the howl from his Alpha, the woman he'd met upon their borders he set off at a run,fear and concern shooting through his heart. He remembered the young girl and prayed that nothing had happened to  Valette or Stark or Banner. As he came upon them under the trees he gave a low breathe of relief seeing her uninjured and healthy despite looking shaken. He turned his head and looked at Birk, remembering him vaguely from the borders. Rhodes dipped his head to them both and though he looked a bit ruffled he didn't look nescessarily petrified. "False Birds...that's what I call them. They aren't animal and they hold beings called man within their bellies. They can shoot down prey in seconds. Trees and other shelter is the best way to avoid them, specifically thick coverage. I have never seen one fly through the trees or land amongst them. They seem to have wanted something with one of your youth"He spoke as calmly as he could but the seriousness of his tone made it known that these were serious enemies. He didn't know that Steph was Valette's daughter or that she had been collared, he'd only found her doped up and dizzy by that log.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birk managed to catch up with Valette only, when she finally came to a halt herself. And as she spun around and took another look to the sky, the loyal guardian did the same thing. Aside from the scare no other danger had come their way, which was good enough for him, yet he still regarded the gray leader with a wary look. Was she fine?

The arrival of the wolf, who ran by the name Rhodes, was met with dual emotions - one was relief for him being able to explain, what that noise-maker had been, though making little sense to Birk, who had no idea, what sort of beast "men" were and what was meant by shooting. The other emotion - being slightly annoyed by the other's presence. He would have done well in comforting Valette without the presence of other.

Yet none of this showed on his features, he nodded acknowledging the information that was given and then turned to Valette, to make sure that she was recovering well.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Since this thread is 3 days before Steph's collar will be removed, Rhodes cannot know that! So I will disregard the comment that they wanted something to do with her children ;)

Valette was mostly startled by the machine that seemed to chase after her. She hoped Steph would be okay. She wanted to find her daughter. Luckily for her, she had Birk. He seemed to want to protect her. He didn't look at frightened as she did. It made her relax a bit more as he was calm in this situation.

Valette then noticed that Rhodes joined their party as well. He started to explain what those things are. Valette shared the same opinion as Birk on the matter. She didn't know their creatures called 'men'. She looked at Rhodes skeptically. "I never heard of them." Valette frowned when Rhodes explained further.

"Well good to know we are safe from them here," she spoke. "I wonder what they wanted of us," she glanced at Birk. 'Have you encountered them before?"