Hoshor Plains yesterday's been laid to rest
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He watched his brother's expression carefully, half-wondering if he should take his own cues from it. Nathaniel still didn't quite know how he felt about his father's passing— a year ago, he wouldn't have cared at all. Now, though? It felt unfair. Nathaniel was silent for several moments before he decided on an answer, pressing closer to Mona without realizing it. Life goes on.
The former soldier was attentive as Sebastian recounted the recent events of his life. At the mention of Aviana, his ears perked. Aviana is here? His tone was more hopeful than he had intended. A beat later, he added: Of course I found Burke first. Again, his voice betrayed him; bitterness lurked heavily under his words. Nathaniel paused again, contemplating the rest of what his littermate had said.
It was perhaps most surprising to Nathaniel himself when he parted from Mona's side, moving forward to touch Sebastian's shoulder with his nose. He was stiff, awkward even with their familial bond— but sincere. You're not a fighter, but you're a survivor. I'm glad you made it through. Nathaniel told him quietly; after a few beats, he pulled away abruptly. Something ached fiercely in his chest now. He hated it. His next words, flat and detached, accompanied his retreat back to his firebird's side. Where is Morningside? He paused, wondering if he should offer to accompany his brother; his gaze drifted to Mona, then. Perhaps it was cold of him, but— Sebastian was a man grown. Nathaniel's firebird, on the other hand, was far more delicate. And prettier, but he was pretending that didn't factor in. Still... Will you be alright?
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
yesterday's been laid to rest - by Nathaniel Sr. - March 13, 2018, 02:08 AM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Sebastian - March 13, 2018, 11:14 AM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Nathaniel Sr. - March 17, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Mona - March 18, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Sebastian - March 19, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Nathaniel Sr. - April 12, 2018, 04:32 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:18 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Sebastian - April 16, 2018, 03:02 AM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Nathaniel Sr. - April 28, 2018, 07:37 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Mona - May 01, 2018, 11:58 PM
RE: yesterday's been laid to rest - by Sebastian - May 04, 2018, 08:55 AM