Dawnlark Plains nowhere king
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
the day dawned bright; the overly enthusiastic songs of recently-returned songbirds bringing wakefulness to the sterling girl. things seemed to be settling - they,  into their new home,  her relationship with Adi, and her own life in this new place.  Blearily did she make her way towards the borders,  intent on refreshing the new marks.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy was just returning from a night of youthful carousing when she caught sight of Dawn making her way to the borders. There was a mixed reaction in the pit of her stomach - guilt over her own failed advances toward her elder sister's husband, of course, but also a burning need to be accepted by the beloved girl.

"Hey, Dawn," she called out, forcing cheer into her voice. Mostly, she just sounded tired.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

she paused in her meandering path when the voice of her sister broke the stillness of the morning, small smile curving her muzzle. twisting back towards her, she called back a "hey, Easy," in return. she had not missed the tiredness in her sister's voice, nor had she missed the way she'd acted during the trip north - something she felt was largely her fault.  

she shifted a moment before speaking, gaze settling on the girl - she no longer had to look down to her, and she was disoriented a moment as she wondered just when she'd gotten so tall. "I need to apologize - I know you didn't think much of the trip north." she paused, not entirely liking delving into her guilt this early in the morning, but she'd come to the conclusion that she ought to try and make it up to the girl. "that was my fault, I think. I know my argument with aditya put stress on things, and it wasn't fair to you." she'd wait to see how the girl took her words first before offering what she had in mind.

you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Oh, this was awful. She said she was her fault, but she didn't know. She didn't know what Easy had done, how badly she'd betrayed her. Dawn. Her smart, beautiful sister. Daddy would be so disappointed in her, to say nothing of what her dearest role model would think.

"You don't have to apologize," said Easy, her voice cracking. "I mean - I should apologize, too." But neither of them actually did. Stridently, she changed the subject. "What are you up to? Is there anything I can help you with?" She would gladly be Dawn's slave until the end of time to attone for her mistakes.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!