The Sunspire a flower feels the rain and it weeps from its petals down to its roots
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
There were many rendezvous sites upon the mountain, where the wolves of Sunspire gathered and luxuriated in one another’s company. Olive was not in one of these places.

Instead, the druid had spent the growing hours of daylight seek out a place of solitude and serenity; quietude and seclusion. She desired a place cushioned by darkness, that could safeguard her secrets. A place where, when the time came, she and her babies could reside in an undisturbed sense peace. It would be protected, yet somehow still open, with close access to her garden and a water source. Perhaps it was surrounded by beautiful, hanging vines and springtime blooms — oh, how lovely a place would that be? 

The mother-to-be could picture her whelping den vividly in her mind’s eye, and scoured the mountain’s valley in order to find it.

Her secret was every so steadily not becoming hers any more. Day by day, her form grew more supple and more round as she chugged into her fourth week of pregnancy. Oh, she loved it and her changing figure gave her a sense of pride, so she did nothing really to hide it. Perhaps she only looked as if she ate a big meal, because no pack members had really mentioned it to her. Certainly they had smelled it, or something — she couldn’t be that good at hiding it.  

The small woman with the pelt of ash and bone had spent the better part of the morning searching out her mythical whelping den with the vines and the garden; but when she had found nothing and exhaustion suddenly overcame her, she unceremoniously flopped onto the earth and lay on her side, taking a moment’s respite. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Nara had descended from the sun-kissed mountain and was on her way to check on a cache she had made earlier. It was buried just outside the borders, in the shade of a tree, and she had been worrying about it the whole day. Once at the bottom of the mountain, a pleasant, spring breeze greeted her. She could smell the scent of fresh markings, stone, and something else. Another wolf that carried the scent of the pack.

Her head low to the ground, Nara started to follow it. As the scent became more distinct, she stopped and lifted her head. A light-grey colored she-wolf was lying on her side, with her back towards Nara. Alone and quiet. She didn't immediately recognize her, but it was Olive.

Although they were packmates, she hadn't had the time to get acquainted, but Nara had seen her at the Sunspire a couple of times. She had also noticed that the belly of the woman, albeit subtle, was bigger and rounder, relative to her narrow hips and legs, which had made her think that Olive was expecting. At the time, Nara had decided that it was none of her business.

Disregarding, the thought came to her again and for a moment she was worried that the mother-to-be had collapsed. She quickly hurried over to the woman. Luckily, her flanks were moving up and down steadily. Nara breathed out a sigh in relief. Although reassured by this, she asked Is everything all right?
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I’m sorry for the wait and for the short post while I get caught up ❤

A gentle voice roused Olive from her midday reverie. Sleepily and sluggishly, the tiny woman lifted her head and perched herself up on an elbow to face the other pale fae and regard her kindly. There were many wolves upon the sunspire with whom Olive had not shared much more than simply pleasantries; and unfortunately, Nara had been one of them. It was likely not Nara’s fault though, as Olive had been too far gone in her pleasant repose to do anything more than the bare minimum of pack-work. Life amongst the Sunspire wolves was simply too lovely and too good, especially when contrasted with the harsh realities of her winter spent as a rogue.

— and even more especially, when considering her current state! Certainly, she must allot a certain amount of energy towards the act of growing and nurturing her children, and she must recoup that energy through many different naps, of varying length and intensity, scattered across the sanctity of her packland’s sun-warmed, springtide bossom… and she did it simply because it was necessary, and simply because she could. “Things are more than alright,” Olive corroborated in a hushed tone, letting an honest smile simmer upon her lips. “How are you?”

149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
No worries, you're fine! <3

The pale wolf responded in a way that comforted Nara immediately. She couldn't quite put her paw on it, but something about mothers-to-be made her feel peaceful. They had a pleasant air of contentment and safety. She had felt it with her adoptive mother and she felt it again now. I'm glad to hear that Nara said and offered Olive a gentle smile. She sat back on her haunches. I'm fine, I was just on my way to something, but…it's not that important she continued quickly, suddenly feeling the need to stay for a while.

She drifted off into silence after that, taking a moment to appreciate the calmness of the evening. A soft breeze ruffled her pelt, but it didn't sting like the cold winds often did on the mountain. Then she turned back to Olive. I was wondering… she started why are you down here and not up at the Sunspire with the pack? she asked. Surely, being pregnant and all, it was safer for her te be surrounded by packmates. 

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Nara took her place sitting upon the ground nearby, signaling her intentions to stay a while and chat. At this, Olive’s smile split into a grin and the tips of her ivories could be seen poking from behind her pale lips in her joy. Wasn’t it so nice to do this — to sit and have a conversation with friends, for no reason other than your path simply ran across them? To not have to talk with/about Dakarai, or his whore, or the past altogether; the fae could talk about the weather, if she wanted to. She could muse about how the stars danced at night and how the little babes also danced in her belly. Gone were the days of struggle, the days of frigid hunger, and here she was to celebrate it with a soon-to-be good friend. 

Sheepishly, Olive looked up at Nara from her feline-esque position on the earth. Olive hadn't thought her absence had been noticed. “I get a little dizzy, sometimes.” she admitted. This was a recent development, and Olive had always been known as a nimble and sure-footed creature. However, with a frame so lithe and willowed, any extra weight — and the nausea —  made her slightly less so. She didn’t want to fall off a mountainside, of course, or to over-exert herself in the process. That, and she just didn't feel like doing so. “The wind is sweeter, here.” Olive tipped her nose as a zephyr dawdled idly by, seemingly heavy and saturated with sunlight, but moving through the valley nonetheless. She relished how the lazy breeze parted her fur and how the sun warmed her skin. “Feel that?” she said, watching the motes play and settle in the dustlight before letting her mossy gaze slip closed. Olive held no qualms seeking a whelping den in such a lovely place, even if it was removed from the rest of the pack.“I'm looking for a... bigger home.” She said suggestively. No one could hurt her here — not from the outside, and certainly not from within. 

149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Nara looked around. It sure was a pleasant day and this place felt calm and serene. I understand was all that she said, softly, without really thinking about it. 

She tipped her muzzle up to smell the fresh scent of flowers and moss. Nara thought about how it would feel like to be a mother. From what she'd seen, pregnancy wasn't that great. You were grumpy and hungry literally all the time. Also, carrying that many babies around looked quite tiring. Although Olive had made her change her perspectives. The ash-colored wolf seemed perfectly happy and content with her current state. Maybe the anticipation is what makes this time bearable.

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
 Nara agreed, and she seemed to be at peace with it — at least, that what Olive was content with believing. Though things were all peachy around Sunspire, she couldn’t help but feel a minute amount of distance between herself and her pack mates — for they were all affected, and must work that must harder for her transgression. Thankfully, they were willing to do that for her. 

So, Olive would try to push her luck and bond with the pretty, pale girl who sat across from her.
“Will you help me find one?” she proffered, still feeling a bit tired from her expenditures already, but feeling quite enlivened by the presence of the younger girl. “I would so love your input on such an important matter.” and, at this, Olive pulled her gravid floor from the ground to show that now, they were committed. and off they went! :)