Deepwood Weald a whispered portent
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
Northward went their trek and the temperatures continued to climb despite the shaded grove they had immersed themselves in. It was short work to come this far north so quickly but Dirge was far from swift in their venture. Not quite ready to shed @Hydra's company, he drew out the path that they made, his mind already set on what and where he would take her once they broke free from the mountains and wilderness.

The weald was less familiar at this point of entry than his last trip there and so far remained uneventful as they had ducked beneath the tangled limbs. Again the snow was less of a hinderance here than the valley floors, serving as a bit of a layover for rest. He had opted to go ahead a bit, putting some tracking to good use as he attempted to suss out some meager piece of game. Or, as he rounded a bend, he thought maybe it would be nice to find a leftover cache from some thoughtful vagrant. Preferably not the strange fellow that had come and gone in his travels there the last time though.

Rooting about in the underbrush, he drew in the scents of a weathered path carved in by small critters. Picking them apart old from new was not a difficult feat, and soon he was off a bit more pointedly after the trail left behind.

open for anyone, though hydra may make appearances should she choose. :)
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
entices a hydra in

"Can anyone". Pause.  "Anywhere." Long pause. "Please tell me."  ....... "where the heck moon mountain is?!"  

Fully aware that no one was even in the vacinity to hear her loud exclamations (that she knew of), Maia felt the need to make her frustrations known to the world regardless.  If she'd have known how hard everything was going to be to find once you left everything you knew behind (lol), she probably wouldn't have come here.  Would she have?

She thought a minute.  Nah, she probably still woulda come.  Sarah and mom and da were great, and the new kids on the way were exciting, but she needed some space for a bit too.  How boring would it be to grow up and live and eventually die in the same pack all your life?

Pretty dang boring.

"Hallooo", she called, a yell that eventually turned into a howl in the silence of the forest.  No real reason behind it.  She just felt like howling.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Birds scattered skyward when the call rang out.

Dirge paused mid-step over a tangled mass of rotting woodwork to take it in, not at all far off from the sound of things. It set his hackles to rise in those fleeting few moments hut they smoothed out as he resumed his search. This time his quarry wasn't the hares he hoped to find, but the voice of summons indirect.

He happened upon her not long after the startled birds had returned to roost elsewhere. She was easy on the eyes but almost engulfed by bleakness all around; if not for the shock of tan that caught his gaze like a beacon, he may have overlooked her in those lingering wintry depths. No doubt she'd seen him by then, so he broke cover to better survey what intents lied bare.

"You all right?" It was safe to say she'd probably scared everything within a couple of miles, so investigating the ruckus seemed most applicable.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She was wandering on when someone spoke, and she turned to see a male wolf walking up, inquiring.  Was she alright?  "Yeah, why? Do I look not?"

She looked at him curiously, the fact that he might've heard her call and come to it not quite firing in her consciousness.  She shifted her weight somewhat, ready in a flash to switch to indignant offense depending on his response.  She was perfectly fine, thank-you-very-much random sir.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Her response seemed promising in the wrong places, leading him to wonder if he had stumbled across the wrong wolf altogether. Not that he expected the weald to be teeming with activity; his last venture here had been pockmarked with the abrupt arrival and departure of another before relative solitude overtook him. He wouldn't get that solitude now of course, not with Hydra in tow, but outside of her company he decided he was not entirely keen on collecting more for any long duration.

"You seem like you're managing," he rejoined. This one was just as wild as he would be in a matter of days, free to roam and take advantage of the budding spring that was coming. That alone was enough to make him rethink his prior thought—perhaps the weald would be teeming with activity. The birds had come to roost, after all.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
"Better than ever," she rejoined, her mood taking an upswing instead of the impending storm as he appeased her ego.  She wondered for a minute if she should just let him think that she knew exactly what she was doing and where she was going and no help needed here, sir, oh no.  She liked to think she looked worldly doing so, like she traveled often and had no ties..... a mysterious vagabond.  She let herself have a second to enjoy that.

But no, she really wanted to find Wraen.  "Actually, though," she finished after a moment, wondering if he would be able to help.  "I'm looking for some kinda mountain with a moon name? I think my sister's there."

Turns out he knew it, and he knew they were no longer there. But, unable to take that at face value, she determined to visit and find out herself.