Dawnlark Plains Passing
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Sunny

It hit her hard when she realized and she dreaded what would come of her realization. Thinking back to her time at Easthollow, the reason she had gone there, and what happened on that journey she remembered something. Prior to her leaving Sunny had asked Burr to say hello to someone. Someone who went by Keoni.

While at Easthollow Pema had accidentally learned that Keoni had passed and was burried within the stone circle for Easthollow. Pema thought it only fair to Sunny to let him know about her findings, but she was dreading what would happen when she did. She wasn't sure what the two's realation was, but he had remembered her and had wanted her to know he was thinking of her.

So she set out over the snow glazed rocky hills, looking for Sunny.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Having so much unexplored terrain around him filled him with energy and he was rarely seen around the others except to rest,eat or sleep for a few hours. He wanted to be familiar with his new home within the next few days so that he could hunt better and start being useful like he had at the plateau.

As he came up over the hills he spotted Pema in the distance and gave a low chuff in greeting, ears perking up as he slowed in case she wished to speak.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She heard a chuff in the distance and turned her head to see Sunny. Even though he was the one she was looking for she felt no releaf or joy in seeing him, knowing what she would have to tell him. She wasn't quite sure how to go about this. There wasn't going to be a clean transition into what she wanted to talk about about, no needed to talk about. No one wanted to talk these types of things. But during her walk over to him she thought that it would simply have to be told one way or another and there was going to be no good way to talk about it. 

But she at least wanted to give him a nice greeting. "Hey Sunny. How are you doing?" she asked.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Once she turned to head over to him he came to a complete stop, allowing her to approach with ease. He gave an easy wag of his tail, seeming to be in a fairly relaxed and good mood so far. "I'm doing great! While you guys were away I got sick but I'm totally better. How are you Pema? How's Easthollow?"he rambled like usual, not knowing if she'd been brought up to date on what happened while she and Dauntless were gone. The last Question was perhaps asked with a bit too much enthusiasm and eyes too bright with curiosity and interest, but he'd never be able to help that. While Morningside was his home and had his loyalty now, Easthollow would always hold a spot in his heart.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He was doing good, and it sounded as though he didn't have a care in the world. That everything that had happened around and to him had left him unscaved. Something Pema was happy for, but sad thinking that she might crush that feeling with her news. "I'm glad you're doing better. I'm alright." she paused after saying so. "Um... Easthollow is good. They have a tough bunch of wolves over there... but." She paused again, not sure if Sunny even knew about Burr's death. 

"You may have heard, but Burr didn't make it home. He was attack and killed by a Blackfeather Woods wolf." she wasn't sure how close Sunny had been to Burr, but her other bit of news was sure to hit him hard. She figured she might as well tell him now rather then wait for him to experience the feeling of Burr's death and then the death of Keoni. Might as well feel them at the same time. "But there's something else. You had asked Burr to say hello to someone alled Keoni right? When we arrived there I learned that she had passed away." she stated, sorry for however badly this would hurt, and ready to be a shoulder to cry on if he chose.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny hadn't heard about Burr's death but the news sobered him up. He lowered his haunches to the ground and ducked his head, frowning deeply. He hadn't been close to the boy at all but nobody deserved to be murdered and Burr had been young. "I'm sorry Pema. That's terrible. Is Dauntless okay?"He asked concerned for his little brother. He knew that Dauntless had gone along for the trip as a guard of sorts...damn that must have sucked.

His ears perked up almost warily as Pema continued. Something else? Something bad by the sounds of it. His heartbeat accelerated and his eyes widened at the mention of Keoni and he slowly began to back up, shaking his head before she even spoke it. He didn't want to hear this but He'd heard it anyway. His mouth opened and face crumpled, pain and regret surging through him. The blue eyes and light fur of Keoni ran through his mind and he began to fight against the tears that rose up. "Thank you for...for telling me Pema. Did you find out how?"the words were forced out and his voice cracked horribly. He didn't want to know, he wanted to pretend he'd never found this out. He looked like a panicked child standing there, tail tucked and ears flattened. His eyes were big and round, full of unshed tears that he still fought against.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Sorry for the wait

She didn't respond to his intial comment, choosing to inform him about Keoni's death right away rather then drawing it out. He back away after hearing the news and was at first in shock. She didn't know how close they were, but they seemed closer then she had thought now seeing his reaction. After his initial reaction she stepped forward and offered him a hug and conforting nudges. He looked as though he might cry, but he didn't, at least not right away. He may have been trying to appear tough, but that wasn't going to impress Pema. She simply wanted to be there for him during this time. She remembered how hard it was to learn of Burr's death and how the hug and touch from another had soothed her frantic mind.

He asked how she died and she shook her head. "I didn't ask. It seemed that many were still in mourning. I assume if happened recently." she explained. "How did you know her?" she asked softly.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He didn't want to be touched, at least not now but he liked Pema and didn't want to be ride by pushing her away. However, it was obvious that he didn't want it by the stiffening of his muscles as she touched him when he accepted her hugs. "Thank you anyway...i appreciate being told" he said shakily and finally the tears dripped over his eyelids. 

He sucked in a breath and  looked away,throat tightening at the asked question. It was too much to delve into memories right then, to explain why he was so upset so he gave the simplest explanation he could. "I loved her."the tears flowed freely now and he sucked in another breath immediately releasing it and taking another.  He began to pant as he cried and backed away from her,shaking his head. "I..im sorry, im gonna go Pema, thanks again"He said softly and ran off with his tail tucked.