Wapun Meadow Oh, Alice, dear where have you been
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Blondine I hope this is alright and close enough?Also just for fun. odds she catches the rabbit, evens she doesnt. 5

Hyacinth had kept moving onward back down the mountains. It was two days travel since she had eaten that old prey in an abandoned cache and she was already feeling hungry again. As she arrived at the meadow she paused and sniffed the air,drawing in the scent of rabbit. Her belly rumbled and without any other choice she began to search around until she spotted the wiggling tail end of a bunny.

Common sense told her to take it slow and so she did....for a few moments. Then her hunger got the best of her and she sprung forward, jaws snapping on open air as the rabbit leaped forward. She chased it and attempted to grab its hind limb and stop its escape.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
These short trips outside of the Valley were becoming increasingly common with Blondine, so she didn't worry about being reprimanded. Normally, she would find herself alone in the world with no loners wandering so near to their border, but it seemed that this morning would be different. Up ahead, not too far from where she'd stopped, stood another she-wolf with her jaws clamped impressively around a quick-footed hare. 

Howdy! Blondine called, paws quickly bringing her to the stranger's side.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Much to her own surprise she did clamp down around the rabbit and she made sure to end its life quickly. She picked it up and turned to find a nice place to settle and eat in when the friendly greeting of a stranger made her turn her head. She set the rabbit down and gave a wag of her tail "Hello there!"she greeted in return, the same pleasant tone used. She gave a quick glance down at her catch and her belly rumbled loudly, causing her to give a laugh of embarrasment. "I hope you dont mind, but I haven't eaten in days and im absolutely starved!"She said sheepishly and then lay down on her belly, tucking the rabbit between her paws and beginning to eat.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It was no problem to Blondine, this she-wolf settling to enjoy her meal. It was a hunter's right to indulge in his own catch, regardless of who happened to be watching. Lucky for both of them, she had just eaten before leaving the territory; there would be no awkward stomach growls on this day. I'm Blondine, Blondine Abernathy. Whadd'a folks call you? 

The shared accent between the two of them gave Blondine a faint sense of comfort, as if judgement between the two Southern women would be impossible. Having grown up around Southern women, she probably should have known better.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth patted the ground beside her, silently inviting Blondine to sit down so she wasn't standing above her awkwardly while she ate her meal. She chewed slowly and then swallowed Nice to meet you Blondine, I'm Hyacinth but my friends call me Cin or Cinth. My ma was obsessed with herbs and flowers"She introduced herself back before taking another dainty bite.

That was part of why she was so lithe and slim, when she was back home she would always take her time eating and the others would steal from her before she could really eat a good amount. She noticed the southern twang on Blondine's voice and smiled to herself "Southern girl?"she asked feigning uncertainty. She was almost one hundred percent sure she was correct,but it would be impolite to assume.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I didn't know my mama, Blondine wanted to say, though she knew that one bit of misunderstood dark humor would lead to the explanation of her substantially darker childhood; it was a little too early in their relationship for a conversation that. It's a lovely name, she complimented, taking Cin's offer and plopping herself down. I figure, something as interesting as growth, how could you not be interested? Blondine's experience as a caregiver had come from necessity rather than genuine interest but again, that detail could be omitted.

Sure am, Blondine said with a swelling pride, I come from somewhere much warmer and less, I dunno, sullen than this place. Called Abernathy Hill. Maybe you've heard of it. The Abernathy family was known for a plethora of things, namely their family curse. Part of Blondine hoped that Cin hadn't heard of her family before, else she ran the risk of losing a friend that she'd only just made.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her eyes twinkled when Blondine said she had a nice name and she inwardly had a small chuckle. Something about being named after a pretty flower the color of her eyes seemed vain but she could admit she was just that. She always cared about her appearance and hated when her fur was mussed and dirty. The subject turned to their homeland and she smiled brightly "I do miss the warmth of the sun on my fur but snow is kinda nice fo a change"She said. Blondine was in luck, she had not heard of Abernathy hill. She wouldn't have cared either way, to her your family did not make you as a person.

"I come from a sunny and rather bland place called Oakenstead plains. The name is just as bland as the scenery and sounds just as hicky  as the hicks living there. " she joked lightly and flashed a smile. "Myself included. I go back and forth between southern Belle and Southern Hick." She took another few bites and chewed between what she said and began to realise she was not as hungry as she had thought, or perhaps the rabbit was just too much. She shoved the rest of the carcass toward her new friend  "Would you like the rest? I cant finish it and it would be a darn shame if it went to waste"She offered. If Blondine didn't want it then perhaps she could take it back to where she came from, there was the scent of many others on her fur.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Oh, my, Blondine thought, hearing such unladylike language roll from a femme as frilly as Cinth. Of all the things that she could have said, hick was probably the weakest, but with the way that the Abernathy wolves were raised, it was a word that said a lot about a person. It was meant to be an insult, a slur, the way that Blondine ahd learned it; how could a wolf use it so freely against herself?

Such a topic wasn't Blondine's to ponder on, anywho, so she let it pass by without much recognition. The huntress wasn't particularly hungry, but she didn't like to waste food, either. She could always bring it back to the Valley and sneak it into Laurel's puppy cache as a peace offering, but would it do much good? Maybe Cin would want to come back with her and see what they had to offer, but that was a longshot.

Are you alone? she asked, I don't mean to intrude, but a loner could use all of the food they can get, right? You ought to keep it. A moment of silence passed as Blondine thought about how to jump to the next topic of interest. You know, I live right down there in that valley. I'm sure y'all'd be welcome, if you'd like.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The language was something she had started as soon as she left her homelands, the sense of freedom and not being under her ma's nit picky eyes kind of got to her head. Of course she knew how unbecoming it was but there were far worse words she could have used and honestly hick was a darn good word to describe the folks back home. The men were dirty and loud and treated women like items, the good ones were fine. The good men took care of their ladies and made sure they felt cherished while their women took care of ladylike things such as pup raising and healing and song singing. The women were all beauty and southern grace but underneath it all they had thorns just as sharp as on a rose vine.

Blondine's question shook her from her musings and she offered a small smile.  "Yes, I don't have a pack or any companions yet,  I suppose I can stash this somewhere and come back for it."She was hesitant to actually do so however, she had no idea how long she would be in the area for. The offer to return to the others pack was taken witj gratitude but she gave a shake of her head."I appreciate the offer but I would like to continue exploring for a while more. If I need a home I'll definitely come find you though"She said with a wag of her tail. She took another bite of the rabbit not seeing the harm in pushing her stomach just a little bit. "Do you have any special guys back home?"She asked with a small grin. She was partial to gossip, especially when it came to romance and love.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Unlike most, Blondine didn't understand the wandering heart. She couldn't comprehend why someone would rather spend their time alone than with family and friends, in a promised shelter. Why Cin preferred an unpredictable life of labor and guesses, Blondine wasn't sure, it wasn't her place to ponder any further. When you're ready, she sighed, We'll be there.

The next question came as a jab, and although Blondine was sure that Cin didn't mean it that way (how could she have?), the offense was still there. There had been @Phocion, but aside from their occasional harvests together, the two of them weren't going anywhere. In fact, when the two of them were walking beside one another, Blondine couldn't help but think about how much she wished he were someone else.

Oh, sweet, you best not worry about me. And you? You must have someone, right?
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She appreciated the offer for a pack but in all entirety she wasn't ready to settle. "Thank you Blondine."she said politely. When her question was responded to she flicked an ear and gave the woman a curious look but didn't push. Then came the return of the personal question and she balked. She stared at her paws and stayed silent for a moment. Preston had been the one courting her back home, a handsome and strong brute with black and grey fur and the most handsome golden eyes. He was kind and sweet,charming and steamy.... in public. When in private he was nasty and violent and forceful and just...awful. "No...no I...I have nobody. Someday though, I hope to have real love"She said with a water smile.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
While appreciated, Cin didn't have any real reason to thank Blondine. The offer was one that had come from the heart and one that would remain on the table until it was accepted or expired with time. Of course, sweetpea, she replied, content to find that they had come to an understanding. It was around then that Blondine caught wind of Cin's vulnerable smile, to which she replied with a gentle nuzzle to the girl's shoulder.

Now, now, she cooed, No need to have a come apart about it. I'm sure that there's someone out there for you. If you haven't found them yet, it might be because you're looking in the wrong places. Let love come to you, Cin. Don't force it.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She smiled and felt warmed by the woman's wise words, it felt like something her Mamaw would have told her back home. Her mother was something else, she pushed for her to marry Preston, said that it must have been something that Hyacinth had done wrong to make Preston be so displeased he would hurt her. A wife's duty was to keep her husband satisfied at all times and she had, by allowing him to bite and scare her into submission. "I'll let the right one come to me. Love should always find you, you shouldn't have to search" she said softly. She looked more at ease, put at ease with Blondine's words.  She looked down at her rabbit and then slowly pushed herself up, moving to a spot beneath the tree and beginning to dig. Once the hole was open she shoved the rest in and buried it the best she could. Then she turned around and faced Blondine again, exhaling with a short and happy burst of  air. "Well...I think im gonna be on my way." she said, unsure where she would go or what she would do but still...still feeling the need to go and do.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
For their conversation to have been so short, it seemed that both parties were plenty pleased. Thus, Cin's departure wasn't one taken with any protest on Blondine's end. Very well, she sighed, moving forward to give a parting nudge to the Belle's shoulder. Remember to say 'howdy' if you're ever in the area. I could use more Southern company. Assuming that Cin was by then on her way, Blondine turned and began to head back to the Valley, only after picking up what was left of the carcass.