Fox's Glade So near, so far or in between
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Feyre here we go!

Oh it felt good to have a full stomach! Even better that the food had been caught herself. Something about being able to provide for herself and ensure her own survival was pleasing in a way, despite the fact that she would much rather have a good,handsome husband doing the hunting. She walked onward with a bounce in her step before selecting a spot to rest in for the night. It smelled of fox but she didnt see one anywhere nearby so she deemed it safe.

She wasnt quite tired yet so she found a small stream and looked upon her reflection. Oh my heavens...I look like the hind end of a deer.she thought and immediately waded in, gasping and shivering at the cold water and climbing out as soon as she was wet. Sighing and trembling she set to work on grooming the dirt and blood from her pelt.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
The scent of something clean rode on the wind, guiding Feyre towards the promise of a bath. Fresh water was a rarity in her travels, and the fae's once flaxen pelt was matted with the mud and dirt of the constantly melting and freezing mud. As a woman with pride in her heart, her marred appearence shattered what was left of her mind. Traveling without communicating had costed her her inner voice, instead she merely relied on instinct to lead her across the continent. Every so often, thoughts would streamline through her concience, reminding her of her state of living, but at least she had yet to turn to talking outloud to herself. 

As one mud laden mitt sank into the frozen mire, the bubbling liquid of the creek trembled past her petite paws. The water's edge encouraged her to peer down at herself, to be disgusted by her own appearance, but instead she turned her gaze to the silverline moon dancing with the water. Her foreleg reached out, skimming the top of the stream with her paw and distorting the midnight sun. With a burst of energy, the fae threw herself onto her back in the velvety liquid, rolling around in the water until the liquid turned from the black color of dirt back to the white of the moon's reflection. 

It was only when she stood that she caught the scent of life nearby. It was something she relied upon during her travels, the ease of finding preditors and prey. The scent was distinctly feminine, and distinctly lupine. For a second, she merely stood as the water parted around her, then it was as if that lost piece of her clicked into place. She bounded to the shoreline, shaking the brisk droplets from her pelage as she called out to the fae further downstream, "Hello?". Perhaps it was intrusive, but what was she supposed to say? Loneliness was a terrible thing for a packborn creature.

Mercenary: 5/5
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Slowly the majority of the dirt began to wash from her white fur. Then she found a knot of burrs and mud along her flank and growled softly,chewing it out bit by bit and wincing when her fur snagged in the knot. She found get another patch of dirt along her side and began to pick it clean, sighing  to herself and cursing the long process of beautifying herself. As the dirt was gone she began to work on the blood around her chest and muzzle when suddenly a voice called out hesitantly.

Looking up with a startled glance her tongue still sticking out of her mouth, she looked for the owner of the voice sliding her tongue back into her mouth when she spotted the white female. She smiled and stood up, giving a friendly wag of her tail. "Hello! C'mon over, I don't bite darlin" she said and then gave a look down at her blood covered chest. She swiped her tongue across her muzzle "Just rabbits...and other prey"She said and sat down again.

153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Changing both of my characters' formatting XD

Feyre's gold-flecked gaze focused on the grinning silver woman, her head adopting a slanted position briefly. The other woman was more of a welcome sight then she probably knew. Feyre's opinion of her grew after the whisp started speaking, her words accented with a near-motherly tone. The tone did not make Feyre believe the other fae was old - no, instead it filled her with the comforts of home. Or at least what she imagined a safe home to be. The fae shrugged, meandering downstream towards the dame. "I would hope not," A glimmer of humor flickered in Feyre's optics, "This Spring hasn't been as kind to everyone." She nodded to the crimson stains for empahsis. It was obvious that the fae had eaten well, or at least eaten recently.

As the other fae sat, Feyre found her own haunches sinking down to the rivers edge - her plumage sweeping to encircle her. A question parted her maw, "How long have you been out here?" It was clear to Feyre that the woman was not a pack wolf, as she caught no lingering scents wafting from her.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She was glad that the other woman accepted the offer to come forward and chat, her smile brightening when the woman kidded around with her. She nodded once her eyes twinkling but her words were honest "It was my first meal in days. I usually fail at hunting" she said and wagged her tail. 

The question was unexpected but she gave it thought anyway [b]"in these parts probably a good few days, but travelling in total has been about two weeks. Lost some weight"
she answered after a few moments of calculating and even then it was an estimate. "How about you?" she asked

153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
[size=11.6667px]
Feyre nodded in realization, taking in the woman's thinner form. She too had lacked the proper nourishment they needed this past winter. Those blood-red stains indicating the fruitful promises of Spring. "I could be better." She winced, knowing her gaunt form was not up to her normal standard of living. "I've been traveling for months now... so I never really know where my next meal will be." Back in the glade it had been easier, knowing that the most delectable rabbits lived in the southern corner of her late home always came in handy.[/size]

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She gave a nod of sympathy and lowered her haunches to the ground, still giving the woman her full attention as she spoke. "Me too, I can't even remember how long it's been since I've seen home"she said with just the faintest hint of sadness. She wasn't homesick, she had escaped bad wolves and left others who she couldn't even call friends. The only one she would have missed was her Mamaw but she had died and been the one of the biggest reasons she had left.

"I'm Hyacinth, but you can call me Cin. What's your name?" she asked realising that introductions hadn't been made. She gave herself an inward scolding for allowing her manners to slip in such a way.

153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away

As the other woman lowered herself to the sodden earth of the bank, Feyre followed suit - curling her plume about herself. "Where had you lived before?" Everyone, it seemed, had something they were running from. Be it themselves or others, they were never far from some sort of fear. Perhaps the woman simply missed her family.

She doubted that.

Of course, the fae seemed to notice she had forgotten her southern manners. Feyre would have chuckled if the conversation had not previously been disheartened. "Very nice to meet you Cin," She smiled a bit at the nickname, "You can call me Feyre, but Fey works too." She allowed a full smile to chine through her features. It had been a long time since she had carried on a civil conversation.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The prospect of talking about her home was one that brought mixed feelings. She was always happy to speak about Mamaw and her old friends but it had the chance to turn into other things she'd rather not speak of. "A small little southern place called Roanoke springs. Really homely." She said, images of home flashing through her mind. 

The other's name was beautiful, unique, something that always got her interest. "That's such a pretty name. How about you? Where'd you come from? Any plans for where you're headin'?" she asked trying to further the conversation.

153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away

The fae described her home with such sweet homesickness that Feyre could not help but smile. "Your old home sounds lovely. I used to live in the Golden Glade not far from here, that was my more perminant. As of birth place wise, I'm from Valley Noel, which is pretty far away from here." A good thing at that, although there probably isn't much left of it as it was. The woman kept the sadness from her gaze, instead only stubtly allowing her mitt to scrape at the dirt beneath her. Old memories were not something she usually brought into conversation, but for some odd reason opening up to Cin did not seem like it would be too hard.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"It had it's downfalls but for the most part it was nice" she said with a nod, gaze darkening as her thoughts turned to Preston as always. She suppressed a shiver of disgust and instead focused back in on Feyre. "A beautiful name as well. I wonder why so many come from far away and end up here. Almost everyone I've met has travelled here." she mused with a humorous smile.