The Sunspire Revenant toiletries
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Just when she thought that the winter was ending, it reared its ugly head again.  There'd been a bit of snow earlier in the day, replacing some of what had thawed, and before the light cut out for the day, things looked like they were going to continue to be gloomy.  Great.  How about some not-snow for once?

Treason was by the borders, but not patrolling necessarily -- well, kinda.  She was looking for something, but it didn't bark or howl.  Mostly she was just trying to figure out if there was anything food-related in the area.  It wasn't like there was a big cache here since the pack had just gotten going, so she was trying to kill two birds with one stone -- find food, block invaders.  Though there was potential talk about porcupines with Wraen in that other thread that I need to respond to, she was looking for something a bit easier and less resembling a cactus than her personality.

If only deer were blind -- venison sounded tasty, but rather a lot of work.  Treason wasn't exceptionally hungry, necessarily, but it was enough to make her think.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
though terance wasn't one to hunt constantly-- he sure did like to eat. and since treason was near the borders, it was no wonder he ran into her-- since he did patrol constantly. he saw her from a short distance, letting out a bark of greeting and padding over to see her. "patrolling?" he asked as he approached, dark head tilting to one side.

this is so short omfg
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Hey, whatever works. XD

Despite being a wolf that didn't like traveling too far on an ordinary day, she also didn't like standing still.  She'd wander the borders quite frequently as well, and up the slopes, and just generally everywhere while she pondered stuff...  It was pretty likely that she'd run into Terance at some point, and this happened to be one of those times.  Treason gave slight wag of her tail in response -- it was like half a wag, but let's be real, she wasn't really the most expressive wolf out there, so for her that was probably a normal greeting.

Yeah. No more idiots.  And nothing edible either.  She did sound a little disappointed, but about which one (or both) was unclear.  Probably was both.  Beat up idiots, eat some food... Sounded like a good day to Treason.  Either way, this was proving to be a particularly uneventful bit of wandering about.  You?  It was accompanied with a nod of her head towards him, and likely would have been without words if she'd been certain Terance wasn't going to misunderstand and think she spotted something.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"good," he replied with a smile, then dipped his head, "shame about the prey though." terance was always game for a snack, so treason's lack of find on the food front was disappointing. oh well. 

he nodded. "yeah, mind if i join you?" he asked, but truthfully he was gonna do it anyway... he really didn't expect treason to tell him to get lost. despite her hard exterior, he felt they got along pretty well-- and that she possibly? enjoyed his company. maybe that was a bold assumption. "speaking of idiots, how you feeling from the redshank incident?" he asked with a prick of his ears. treason hadn't gotten any sort of injuries-- as far as he remembered, but that didn't mean she didn't have any opinions.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Always might find something later on.  She wasn't really sure of it, but she also still hadn't nailed down what all was available here on the mountain either.  Normal things, yeah, but she was sure there were local critters that were tasty and/or interesting.  In response to his first question, she gave a slight nod of her head to invite him along.  So far, Terance hadn't proven to be particularly irritating or anything, so if he really wanted to come, she didn't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't have been so nice.  She was referring to the fact Redshank had basically had been let off after being gnawed on a little, not even anything that would likely slow him down for more than a few days.  Nothing to warn anyone that the guy was a fool.  A brief pause, as she quickly considered that perhaps seeming that willing to chew on people might be a bad thing in the opinion of others, adding on At least not to one so blatantly suicidal.  Like really.  Shows up, says he wants to kill the alpha.  Super smart, yo.  She wasn't going to have mercy for anyone that blind, but that had put the icing on the cake.  She did eye him a bit to see what his reaction was to that all, just in case.

Even though she didn't mind Terance, she wasn't sure if she was willing to express what were likely more controversial thoughts she might have.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance snorted. he appreciated the bluntness treason had and, even further, that her opinions lined up with his own. because his were right. he handled the situation correctly. "you're damn right," terance said with a prick of his ears, a smirk wiped onto his face. "if it were just me, i'd've let you break the thing in half. kill him, even, i dunno. he doesn't deserve to run free when he's so intent on trying to murder us all." there was a slight pause from terance, followed by a shrug. "not that he'd get very far, to be fair." redshank was not listed among the most intelligent wolves terance had ever met.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Treason didn't seem to have any problem with what he suggested.  Her black hood could be an executioner's mask if needed.  She had no qualms with doing what she saw as right, what was necessary, even if others thought it was too much or too brutal.  She nodded.  As long as Redshank stayed gone, she wasn't going to worry too much about him.  Despite the fact he might have nightmares about her, he was worth less than dirt to her and would be given that much thought if he remained a distant memory.

Is this a common thing?  Back at Moonspear or whatever.  Do people just not give a damn about the territory lines?  Or perhaps they'd just gotten lucky and found a hive of fools nearby.  By now there was no excuse for them to not know there was a pack here.  She and others had made fully sure that it was obvious.  Nobody should be trespassing, and yet they did. And they'd continue in the future, much to her chagrin.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance shrugged. "not necessarily-- it was, more or less, a random occurrence. but sometimes lone wolves get hungry and desperate and the only thing they can think to do is steal," he replied simply. honestly, he'd never encountered anyone actually trespassing with malicious intent besides redshank-- usually everything was pretty peachy-keen inside the borders.

outside was another story.

"did you used to be part of a pack? was it mostly peaceful?" terance decided to ask her.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She nodded.  So at least for now, it didn't seem likely that they were going to have that problem again for a while.  Even though she was going to be wrong about that, but for now it seemed reasonable.  Maybe it's close enough to spring they'll stop, then.  Oh, if only she knew there'd be two more doing that same damn thing soon enough.

There were only some details that Treason was willing to share.  Vague things.  But peaceful?  She didn't know if they really qualified,  Family pack.  Nobody messed with us because they'd die.  It was an almost childish turn of phrase, but it had been one chosen because it was that simple.  Her past didn't have a shred of pity and she didn't mind that fact.  The world was hostile and that was normal.  As long as everyone followed the laws of the land, everything was fine.  Everyone would live.

As far as she was concerned, that Machiavellian way of doing things was the best -- nobody would mess with you if they were scared they were gonna be ripped to bits, right?  Treason's upbringing explained her attitude.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"sounds like redhawk caldera-- and moonspear, i suppose," terance answered thoughtfully, his tail swinging. but, sort of amused, terance gave a chuckle. "i shouldn't have bothered asking, you don't seem like you were raised to be a belly-up kind of wolf," he added with a smile. treason definitely seemed like she wouldn't be afraid to get her paws good and dirty-- and have proved that assumption to be true on a few occasions.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Treason laughed a single note, Yeah.  Don't think that'd be me.  Sure, there were a few odd souls in her birth pack that didn't match the type, but their numbers were far rarer than those that aligned more with Treason.  It was a design that worked well for the world they were in.  Efficient.

You, though?  Before Moonspear, if there were any.  She was aiming for more historical data.  So many wolves here seemed to be way different than those she grew up with, which perhaps wasn't unsurprising, but was a bit of a jolt to reality when they didn't act the way she wanted.  Certainly, she wasn't the weird one.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance shrugged. "i was born here-- well, north of here, on the coast. my parents were in poor health so we travelled south when i wasn't but a month or two old," he started, the story was the same as ever. what was terance to add any flair to history? this wasn't a made up tale, it was historical facts. nothing exciting or fascinating about it. 

"we were mostly nomads, my family, but we eventually settled. mom had another litter and my sister and i left to find family down here in the wilds," he shared with a wave of his tail. of course, he didn't leave with wraen, he left with sarah. but how valuable was that information to treason? probably not valuable at all. he kept it plain enough, shooting her a small smirk. "how boring can you get?" he said, teasing himself.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She didn't know what to think about histories.  Everyone seemed to think that their own past was pretty ordinary, didn't they?  Probably something to do with perspective as long as it wasn't something excessively awful. Guess boring's good.  Means you're probably alive.  She shrugged as they continued along.

But why would you move if they were in bad health?  Wouldn't that make it worse?  It didn't sound like a good idea to her at least.  If you stayed in one place, you didn't have to waste energy wandering around pointlessly, so unless the location itself was somehow toxic or all the food had died... Why wander?
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
a soft snort came from the beta, who nodded. "boring means you're alive," he agreed with amusement.

"warmer weather," terance explained easily, "if we stayed in the cold she surely wouldn't've made it, but she had a better chance where it was warmer." it made sense, probably. terance was too young to really know all the reasons they moved-- at least at the time. this was all he had been told on the subject, and if there was any other reasoning he had no idea.

the pair continued their patrol with easy small talk, something terance never minded-- especially the comfortable silence that followed. and when their work was done, they parted ways, leaving terance with a high opinion of treason still-- somehow.

SORRY, wrapping this up cause i suck and it's sort of old and i need to get terance up and running again. if you want a new one lmk and i'll start one <3