The Sunspire all you need me to be, i'll be for you
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
I am shamefully posting a new thread while I have 10 others waiting for replies ;___; forgive me

Spring was no longer something the druid yearned so fervently for — because, it was finally here! The lowlands between the mountains peppered with sweet, green shoots and small, pale blooms. The air warmed, albeit slowly… but it was warming, and Olive found the utmost appreciation for it. The earth nearly vibrated with its own awakened state, as did Olive, so she could not bear to keep herself underground and in bed, as many women might have this late in their pregnancy. Olive now wore the signs of parturiency clear upon her tiny frame. She may have been late in showing, but now there was no denying it! The roundness of her belly contrasted the willowy twigs of her limbs; teats swelling and fur thinning as her body prepared itself for the act of childbirth. 

The ash-and-bone midwife suspected she had maybe a week longer before her puppies came; and with them, so many new responsibilities.  Though, the mother-to-be would admit, she had so many fewer responsibilities now that she knew she and her young family would not be turned out from their pack and forced to survive on their own — which they wouldn’t have been able to do, surely. Rannoch had been demonstrative of more grace and decency than she could have ever hoped for, more than anyone had ever shown her, and Olive knew that her job of rearing her fatherless litter would be made easier with the help of a pack [and one she had chosen for herself, rather than sought refuge from as she had done with Moonspear]. It was a beautiful, new world she thrived in!

So, the shakti woman did what any mother might do when in her situation — she sunbathed upon the sun-drenched earth in front of her whelping den, with all the laziness in the world, and not a single care or woe.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Senoritas, don't follow him!
32 Posts
Ooc —
The Prince did not like brats. He had been lucky his parents had not spawned more siblings for him to deal with other than Tawny. But Tawny was alright - she was almost as beautiful as he was and he had wished she would have followed him here. She was one of the wolves she had respect for, fortunately, even with her unfeminine habits of fighting and spitting in guys' faces when they so much as dared to approach her. But she wasn't like that with him.

A white figure, relaxing in the spring sun. Now that was something he could appreciate. He absolutely hated stressing about life and troubles and whoever he might woo next (stress made your fur turn grey after all!). He cleared his throat - very manly, of course - to announce his amazing presence, nearing the fat female - pregnant? oh boy - and smoothing down his mane with a paw (which was definitely not a nervous tick, don't be silly).
Soon he will eat your hearts like cereals.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Just as the fae felt her shrouded consciousness slip away into a peaceful, sunsoaked slumber, she was interrupted by a clearing of the throat! Olive lay there for one moment longer, feeling her soul sleepily crawl back towards her body, before fluttering open her jade-bright eyes and rooting around to gaze at whoever it was — if it were Seabreeze or Rannoch, this would be an entirely forgivable offense. She loved those two almost more than she had ever loved anyone else [well, except Dakarai, but that was different] and would happily be roused to speak to them.

It was not the burly alpha nor the svelte, sapphire-gazed mother-to-be, who called for her attention. In fact, she did not know him at all. He was young and seemed brazenly entitled to her time and conversation — not that she wasn’t happy to give it, but she was tired and her body ached and she preferred not to meet new members while so under the influence of her own pregnancy. The questions that her state roused from her friends were already hard enough to answer — no, I do not know who the father is. yes, I do love and very much desire their existence. yes, you may rub the belly — but the questions of strangers she found to be far more critical. “Oh, yes?” she inquired sweetly, indicating that if he should have a reason for directing her energy away from growing her children, he should speak it forthwith. 

Senoritas, don't follow him!
32 Posts
Ooc —
Perhaps he shouldn't have awoken the mother-to-be. But he had nothing else to do, no one else to talk to now he couldn't find Seabreeze. Honestly, sometimes he thought he stuck with this pack just for her. But that was ridiculous- he also stayed because they wanted him here, needed him. Right?

I'm sorry - I was just wondering if I could join you. He sort of asked, sort of excused himself. He smiled his charming smile and, again, a paw ran across the fur of his mane.
Soon he will eat your hearts like cereals.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
As the boy fixed his hair once again and asked to join her, Olive began to wonder [rather quickly] just what he was playing at. She thought it was strange to bother her for nothing more than a passing wish for company, because clearly the mother-to-be was doing god’s work, and should continue to do nothing but that for as long as possible. The naturalist in her knew of herbs that were known to bring about contractions, but the midwife in her knew not to rush the end of her pregnancy. Plenty of rest staved off the day that her cubs would be born, and every extra day she spend with them so close to her — within her — was another blessing. 

But then Olive softened, imagining that she was just feeling ornery and uncomfortable in the last few days of her pregnancy. The unknown male was just a friendly presence and she should delight in it, not pull away! She melted at this, easily falling in line with such a realization.
“Of course,” she  spoke lazily. The women smiled at him, but she did not stir because well, you know, she was a balloon.  “We haven’t met yet, have we?” she posited invitingly, hoping to spark a conversation with he who so desired company.