Stone Circle Look what I brought
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Valette @Brynn

It had been an event fulled two weeks for Howl. He had ventured into many different areas and seen some beautiful scenery. Including two hidden caverns that held private paradises. But Howl mostly focused on those he met along the way. He met several other wolves on his travels, but he was only bringing one of them home, Brynn. A female who he had met while scouting out the Maplewood. He hadn't found any Morningsiders but she was there and that was a definite plus as she now seemed interested in joining the pack.

After meeting her he had gotten a chance to speak to Grayday or Morningside and receive some updates about their pack, as well as deliver some news to them from Easthollow.

Now he was heading back home, it had taken them a few days to reach the borders but they were finally here. Howl called out to Valette. She might be shocked to see him return earlier then he had originally expected. He wondered what she would look like now, almost two weeks later. How much had her stomach grown? he wondered.

He looked over at Brynn offering her a smile.  "Here we are. Easthollow."  he said looking it over. "Our alpha's name is Valette by the way, oh and she's pregnant."  he said throwing a few last bits of information in before she arrived. Not wanting her to feel worried he also added in a warm voice, "You'll do great."
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn followed closely to Howl as he lead her into his pack's territory, naturally feeling wary about being in a new place. She picked up the scents of many unfamiliar wolves when she lifted her nose, sniffing the air. That also made her nervous. What if they didn't accept her? What if she didn't fit in here? When howl informed her that the alpha was pregnant, it made her nervous since that probably made meeting new wolves more stressful. 

When she began to doubt her decision to join Howl's pack, he told her that he thought she would do great. With his words, her nervousness eased some. She looked into the the distance, waiting for any indications of an approaching wolf.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was surprised when she heard Howl. She expected him to be away longer but perhaps he had already returned from Morningside. She was eager to hear the news, however, she was not going to gallop to the border. Her belly would swing too much. She was more rounded the last time Howl saw her. Then there was only a slight hint, now the female was clearly pregnant. Valette loved the feeling of being pregnant.

When she trotted to the border, she saw that Howl was not alone. Had he found a recruit? Valette curiously approached. She hoped that Howl hadn't fathered some pups while he was away with this female because Valette didn't want any competition for her own young. But she decided that Howl would not do such a thing since he had kept himself when she was in heat as well. For two years in a row.

Valette dipped her head in greeting to the two. "Hi, Howl. I see you brought someone with you?," she asked perhaps sounding a bit skeptical. It would give Howl an opening to tell about this female. If this was another new recruit she wouldn't be the only one. They just accepted Kegana, Red and Greyback. She would let Howl know that later so he wouldn't think they were tresspassers.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
When he saw Valette approach it was very clear that her stomach had grown. He had told Brynn that she was pregnant, but even if he hadn't it would be very clear to her. He wondered when she would be due and how far along she was exactly, questions for another time. She greeted him and asked who it was he had brought.  "Greetings Valette. This is Brynn. I meet her while traveling to Morningside and I think she would make a nice addition to the ranks."  he said giving Valette a smile and then looking over at Brynn. He didn't say anything about her abilities, wanting her to express her own value, but he would surely vouch for her once she presented her skills. I didn't like when others spoke for her and so he would try not doing it himself.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn watched as the obviously pregnant alpha, Valette, approached and greeted them. She listened to the words exchanged between the two other wolves, careful to watch for any signs of aggression from the new wolf. This was Valette’s territory and she had every right to be suspicious of an unknown wolf, but Brynn wanted to be ready if she needed to defend herself. 

When Howl looked to Brynn to continue introducing herself, she was glad to have a chance to prove her worth. She wasn’t sure if her wariness came off as weakness or timidness, so she took any chance to prove otherwise. Brynn smiled at Howl in thanks before looking to Valette and adding, “If you’ll accept me, I think I have a lot to offer your pack. I have skills hunting small game and could help patrol the borders. I would prefer to resolve things without fighting but am not opposed to it if the situation calls for it.” Brynn was no stranger to fighting for protection. She had not survived as long as she had on her own without learning how to read others and fight for her life.

Once she had spoken her piece, she returned to her watchful position, waiting to see what Valette would say.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Sorry for the wait! I had no time to post these last few days! :( <3

Valette turned to look at the female Howl brought. The female gave her a good sniff. No signs of heat or any other pack. Brynn then started speaking. She sounded like she was a nice addition to the pack. They could use more patroling wolves on their border. Especially while she was close to giving birth. It really worked in the female's favor. Valette nodded, she approved, as well as the hunting. 'We don't have a lot of small game hunters as bison is our main prey. However, hunters are always welcome," she explained.

"Why are you without a pack, Brynn?," she asked. It was always important to Valette to know why or how they came to exist without a pack. If she could answer that question. She was more than accepted by Valette. She then remembered something. "Oh there is one thing though. If you join you won't have breeding rights unless you have my permission," Valette spoke. Some females might not be okay with that but Valette wanted to make it known to new members that she was the only one to breed with some exceptions. If Howl and Brynn would spark a romance then they would at least know they shouldn't get pups right away. Perhaps it was just her pregnancy hormones that wanted to press on that fact.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As he listened to the things Brynn said she could offer to the pack he wasn't surprised to hear her mention hunting and patrolling. But when she spoke of wanting to solve problems without fighting he thought she might be speaking of a counselor. Something she hadn't mentioned earlier.

When Valette asked why Brynn wasn't in a pack Howl looked over at her waiting for what she would say. He knew of her past, but he wondered if she would tell Valette about that, or it there was another reason. Valette then went on to tell Brynn about the breeding rights of the pack, something Howl didn't pay too much mind too, knowing that Valette was keen on having her own children during that season.

He waited quietly as the two spoke, not wanting to interrupt.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was glad that her skills seemed like they could be of use. She couldn't wait to explore this area and see what types of animals she could find. 

When Valette asked why she was without a pack, her mood fell a little. She was hoping she wouldn't have to talk about it right away. She had already discussed her past a little with Howl, but that wasn't something she normally did. She wasn't going to lie to Valette, though. That would be a bad way to start off in a new pack. So, quietly, she replied "My former pack was small, and my parents were the alphas. We were attacked by a couple lone wolves, and they were killed. I managed to escape and have been on my own since." Hopefully, that would be enough information for Valette, because that was really all Brynn wanted to say about it. She wasn't trying to avoid her past, but she was trying to move on and dwelling wouldn't help her do that.

When Valette informed her of the breeding policy, she replied, "I have no problem with that," and it was the truth. Having pups was not something she had thought much about, and she didn't think she was ready for all that right now. Brynn was more interested in being a useful member of the pack should Valette accept her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head when the other spoke. She didn't intend to cause any comfort it was just something she liked to know. "I'm sorry if my question brought up any bad memories," she spoke politely. It seemed that this was a sound new member for their ranks. Valette smiled at Howl and then turned to the female. Valette was glad that the female accepted the terms of breeding rights.

"Well, Brynn. Then I can only say, welcome to Easthollow. Do introduce yourself to my mate @Stark," Valette spoke. "He leads the pack with me and would like to meet you as well," Valette explained. "Howl you did a good job. Some to my den later to talk about your travels?," she questioned the male. She was rather tired now, so if she could have a quick nap before listening to Howl she would be more focused. Then Howl could also show the new female around.

Tag for visibility! :D
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She did in fact divulge her past to Valette, something Howl deemed rather brave or strong of her. One of the very reasons he had brought her back to the pack. And it was enough to gain Valette's trust as she soon welcomed Brynn into the pack. Howl's tail swayed with happiness, but he made sure not to get too carried away in front of Valette.

She told him to come to her den later on, more than likely so that he could tell her of the news he learned at Morningside. Perhaps she didn't want Brynn to know the information, not knowing what the news was yet. Or perhaps she simply didn't have a high sense of urgency to know to information. Whatever it was Howl would be sure to give her a little time before heading over to her den.

"Thank you Valette. I'll be sure to join you in a short while."  he said smiling and nodding her in direction. He then turned his attention to Brynn. He thought it would be nice to give her a short tour and congratulations. "Would you like the tour?" he asked lightheartedly with a smile ready to lead her across the border and into the territory.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
At Valette's apology, Brynn gave one slow nod of her head in response. She didn't harbor any ill-feelings as she knew Valette had the right to know. She couldn't say for sure yet because she didn't know the other wolf very well, but she thought she seemed like a good alpha. 

Brynn was relieved and grateful to be accepted into the pack and relaxed a little. Valette then asked her to introduce herself to her mate, Stark, and Brynn replied with a quick nod to show her acceptance of the request before adding, "No problem."

She waited patiently while Howl and Valette exchanged a quick word. It seemed the two wolves had some pack business to discuss, and Brynn figured she hadn't earned the right to be privy to such conversations yet. When Howl smiled and asked Brynn if she wanted a tour, she smiled back at him and happily replied, "Lead the way."