Stone Circle Freedom [BWP]
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
BWP, backdated to March 15th

Steph hadn't gone very far from the forest since the loud bird had come. But, it had been weeks, and she hadn't seen any sign of it since. Still, today she decided to stay within the safety of the forest. The collar that weighed on her neck was mostly forgotten. She had come to the realization that no one could get it off. 

And then it was back. The loud noise that started in the distance and was getting closer and closer. It was unmistakable. Steph ran to find a hiding spot, quickly choosing a fallen log to shove herself under. Surely that large bird couldn't get to her from here, especially with the large trees looming over. It seemed to hover for a few moments, and then started to fly away. 

She allowed her muscles to relax, thinking the thing had left. Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her thigh. She growled and jerked around, but she didn't leave the safety of her hiding spot. She began to feel tired, and tried to shake it off, but it seemed futile. Within minutes, she was unconscious. 

She didn't know how long she'd been out, but when she opened her eyes, she knew she was no longer under the fallen log. Steph was groggy, but she attempted to right herself, looking around for an offending creatures that might be around her. Her body was quick to protest as the world swirled around her and she fell back to the ground. A growl escaped her throat, a warning for anyone around that if they were going to try and hurt her, she would still fight.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
A familiar sound that made his heartbeat quicken disturbed the hunt he was making, the rabbit bolting off. He looked toward the skies and saw it there, floating and moving slowly through the skies. Quickly he set off his hackles rising as he followed it eyes tracking it's movements. It seemed to hover in the distance before setting off and disappearing. Unsettled a bit he decided not to go to the area quite yet and gave it about an hour.

An hour later he headed toward that spot and saw a young girl trying to stand and falling, a low growl leaving her maw. Respectfully he gave a low whuff and then headed out into the open "Hey...are you alright?" he asked and cursed himself. Obviously she wasn't. "I'm Rhodes. Friend of Stark. Valette accepted me. Can you stand at all? Lean on me, we have to get you somewhere else in case it returns" he said in his mind putting two and two together and coming to the conclusion that the False Bird must have done this.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
An unfamiliar voice reached her ears, and Steph's head swung to see who the offending person was, automatically assuming they had come to take advantage of her weakened state. She didn't anticipate the dizziness that would come with such a movement, however, and she fell back to the ground. 

She focused enough to hear Stark and Valette's name, and realized this must be friend, not foe. She tried to stand again, and leaned against the male. Get me... outta... here, she begged. She already felt safer with him, but that beast had come twice now, and both times she had gone unconscious and woken up like this. She didn't want it to happen a third time. She staggered forward, ready to go wherever he would lead her. Or maybe she would lead him.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His gaze softened and he pressed into her, holding her up with his body as he began to lead her toward the dens. It was the safest option, to get her somewhere surrounded by the pack and where she could hide under an enclosed space. "You'll be okay. My name is Rhodes. I'll take you to the dens okay?"He spoke calmly though his gaze was directed up at the sky and his ears focused on all the sounds around them. The humming noise was gone but he wanted to be alert in case it came back again. 

Because he took it slow for her sake they arrived at the dens in what he estimated to be fifteen if not more minutes. Once there he lead her to his den, not wanting to be creepy but also not knowing where hers was. "Inside is safest, they can't reach you there. I'll... I'll get some water for you"he said and lead her in, holding still so she could slide to the ground.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She had to focus intently to stay upright, and that's where most of her brain power went. As such, she missed his correct name. Instead, she heard, Rose. She didn't stop to think how silly it was for a boy to be named Rose. She silently agreed that the dens were the best place to go. Her lack of opposition was hopefully enough of an agreement for him.

She hadn't realized that they weren't going to her den, but she offered no resistance even after realizing it was his. She wanted to be anywhere that thing couldn't get her. She crouched down and entered the darkened hole, not feeling any relief until she reached the back wall. She turned her back against it and nodded, a sign that she heard his comment. Don't be gone long? she whispered, more of a question than a command. She laid down, scrunching her body up as she waited for the drowsiness to subside. Unfortunately for her, she had been through this once before. If it was like that, she knew she would feel alert at some point.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"I'll be back as soon as possible, promise" he said and then turned, heading out of the den. It confused him as to why these things kept coming around. First a few days back when he'd told Valette of them and then now where they'd apparently done something to this girl. They hadn't killed her but they had seemingly infected her with something that made her weak and fatigued. He wasn't aware of the collar they'd put on her and even if he was hed never have been able to figure out the usage for it.

Grabbing a piece of moss off the roots of a tree he ran to the stream and soaked it in the icy water. When it was drenched and dripping he carried it back and deposited it in front of her "What's your name?" he asked so he wouldn't have to continue to refer to her as the girl or kid. "Has this happened before?"he asked curiously.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She gave a short nod when he said he'd be back soon. Her head still felt dizzy, and the den seemed to swirl around her. She closed her eyes and laid her head on the floor, releasing a sigh. She wasn't sure how long he had been gone, but she was acutely aware when he returned.

She sniffed at the moss he placed in front of her, and her tongue snaked out of her mouth to test it. Once she was convinced it was just moss and water, she gladly licked at it until the extra water was gone. Her ears perked at his voice and her gaze turned on him. Steph, she responded, and then nodded to his next question. Yeah, about a month ago, she admitted. That's when they put this thing around my neck, she explained. She hadn't yet realized that it was gone.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He sat down as she drank the water and looked outside of the den. The others didn't seem to be around and he wondered if anyone else had seen the loud thing hovering. When she spoke up he turned back to her and gave a look of confused concern toward her neck. The fur there was unnaturally flat in a circle all the way around her neck with areas that look rubbed raw but there wasn't a thing there. "What thing? Your neck is bare Steph."he said. He had never heard of humans putting things around a wolf's neck, hell he barely even knew what humans were in general.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Confused eyes turned to the male. Her neck was bare? Surely not... She turned her head to the side, and found that the resistance of the collar was no longer there. Just to be sure, she brought up a back leg, as if she was going to scratch her neck, and found that Rhodes was right. It was gone! Steph was up in a flash, but the drugs still had a effect on her, and she stumbled back to the ground. Still, she smiled. It is gone!

Did you see what happened to it? she asked, wondering if he had. If she ever found it again, she would bury it in the deepest hole she could dig. She breathed a sigh of relief, and shifted her weight to get more comfortable. She regarded him a moment before asking, Did you say your name was Rose? she asked. It seemed like a weird name for a boy, but she didn't want to say that.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her excitement and relief was infectious and he smiled brightly at her and nodded his confirmation that yes, it really was gone. Whatever she was talking about was nowhere to be found, especially not around her neck. "I didn't see it anywhere but then again I was focused on getting you here safe. We can look for it later if you want." or she could by herself. Once she looked like she was feeling better he couldn't see why she wouldn't be able to look by herself. Then again if the humans really were interested in her this much perhaps retracing her steps alone wasn't a good idea.

Her misinterpretation of his name made him blink once. Rose...like the flower? Oh it was a good thing Stark wasn't here to hear this. "Uh No...My name is Rhodes but sometimes Stark calls me Rhodey.he corrected her his face heated up. On second thought he chuckled and added "If you could avoid telling the others you thought I said Rose I'd appreciate it. Stark especially"he grinned at her to let her know it was no big deal.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He confessed he hadn't seen it, but he'd been more focused on her. That's okay, she said. I'd rather never see it again, she confessed. Though, if she happened upon it, she would still bury it. Feeling a bit better, she sat up, her neck feeling much lighter than it had.

She chuckled at her mistake and nodded her head. I promise I won't tell anyone. And she wouldn't. Though, she did want to tease him, she wouldn't if it meant betraying his trust. You've met Stark? He's my Mom's mate, she said. While she hadn't spent a ton of time with Stark, he did save her from that first bird, and he seemed really nice.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He wasn't all to bothered by the mishap with his name, it was honestly kind of funny. She sounded surprised that he knew Stark but in turn he was surprised to hear that Stark had become the Alpha's mate. Trying to stifle his shock he instead gave a short chuckle "Know him? He's my brother in all but blood. We grew up together pretty much. He's mated with your mom then huh?"He gave a low hum and grinned,shaking his head slowly. "He wont hurt her. Sheesh....Looks like im the bachelor then."he said and gave a low sigh.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She was interested to hear that Rhodes, not to be confused with Rose, grew up with Stark. So, what was he like? she asked. Anything we can tease him about? she added, grinning. She nodded to confirm his question. Yeah. Mom wants more pups, but last we talked, she wasn't sure if he did or not. She hoped though, so. It would be nice to have younger siblings.

She chuckled when he deemed himself the bachelor. If you're the bachelor, then I guess I'm the bachelorette, she joked. It brought her back to the fact that she had yet to feel any attraction to males. Was there something wrong with her?