Dawnlark Plains Punch Face Champion
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's ears flattened back against his head and his eyes watered up. His dad was offering him a chance not to be torn any more. He was being offered a free choice, free from pain. He could go to Easthollow or he could be here and neither choice would upset his father. Of course he knew his dad would be happier with him staying in morningside, but to know that it wouldn't hurt him if he went back was relieving. Yet....

He didn't want to return. As soon as it was presented he knew he was a Morningsider by more than blood, but by spirit and heart too. He'd worked hard for this, he'd put blood into this pack, and he'd provided and made friends here. Easthollow was his birth pack but without Keoni or Krypton there it would feel off. He blinked away his tears and shook his head "I am a Morningsider in every way. This is my home where my friends and family are. I will never leave." he said firmly.

As his father stepped forward and nuzzled him he returned the gesture,but at his father's words he pressed his nose deeper into the fur of his neck. His heart broke again and he gave a shivering breath, eyes squinting shut. "You didn't steal my life or do anything too late. Because you stayed I am who I am. Because you are an amazing father I am the best man I can be. You didn't..."He swallowed thickly and took a breath. "You didn't do anything but give me someone to aspire to be like. You...you worked through all of your pain and all of your issues whatever they were to father to me and Dawn. I noticed something was wrong, even when I was young but  You put aside your troubles to help us with ours. If I had stayed at Easthollow I would never have realized just how good I could be because I wouldn't have had you as a role model." 

he finished his speech and separated himself from his dad's neck and instead crouched low, pressing his nose beneath his dad's chin and giving it a lick. It was a gesture akin to submission but in this case it was gratitude."So thank you for sending Dawn. Thank you for making me choose. Because if I hadn't I wouldnt be who I am with so many friends. You are why I'm not bitter and angry and childish."he said softly and stepped away.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
Punch Face Champion - by Grayday Sr. - March 20, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Sunny - March 23, 2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Grayday Sr. - March 23, 2018, 03:17 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Sunny - March 23, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Grayday Sr. - March 23, 2018, 10:34 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Sunny - March 24, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Grayday Sr. - March 29, 2018, 11:34 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Sunny - March 30, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Grayday Sr. - April 01, 2018, 01:18 AM
RE: Punch Face Champion - by Sunny - April 01, 2018, 03:46 PM