Broken Boulder so deep that it didn't even bleed and catch me
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
tagging some who may want to hop in this, but AW for Bracken wolves
@Korei Julia @Xahi and maybe @Lily @Lanawyn

He was gone.
Alarian had been absent, too much to notice the scent had gone stale-- until he did, and the blood in his veins ran cold. Stiff-legged, wide-eyed, he had wandered the territory first with denial pulsing under his racing, fractured thoughts. It had been early morning then, and hope had still flickered dimly in his chest.
It was late now. The boy had combed the pack's territory, scoured the Bracken Woods as far as he dared-- he returned numbly now to his pack. He was disheveled and panting when he sent up the mournful howl, voice hoarse from spending the day calling after his love. Lennon is gone.
Had he left? Been taken? Killed, even, somewhere beyond Alarian's reach? When had he slipped so far away? The boy swallowed hard, choking back a sob. Ice had taken root in his chest now, growing with each possibility his mind conjured. He had to find him, he had to make sure he was alive and safe and happy and-- and--
Lennon. What had been intended as a shriek came out half-choked and breathy, and as if struck physically by the weight of his grief the boy collapsed. He breathed heavily, eyes hot and glazed with unshed tears and pupils dilated. For several moments he allowed himself the weakness of free thought, the relief of temporarily giving in to what he fought constantly, because right then it was all too much to hold.
I don't want him to be gone, he insisted desperately, stubbornly, to no one but himself. I don't want to lose him-- not him, too, please. He has to come back, it's not fair.

It was never, ever fair.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia had noticed the absence of Lennon yet had felt little of it in the end. She believed he had gone off to scout out somewhere, gone exploring. So she set out to find Alarian, perhaps believing he would know. And when Korei caught his scent she began moving with a skip in her step. "Hello Ali! Have you see-" 

She stopped then when she saw Alarian. And thinking he was in pain, she rushed over quickly to his side. "Ali! Ali, what's wrong?! Are you hurt? Did something happen? Ali, what's happened?"
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
*mobile*

Xahi had been so distracted lately that she had not even given thought to where Lennon was at the time. The pale woman had been so occupied with everyday life and settlin into her new home that she really had not thought much of her pack members at all. So, when she heard Alarian’s cries, the girl was completely dumbfounded. What could be wrong in such a time. the sylph  had padded towards his sullen moans hastily, womdering just what was amiss. She arrived at the scene just moments after Korei had. In fact, she had scented the girl coming. As the young girl voiced her concerns, Xahi flicked her gaze towards her, utterly confused. She moved towards him with tender steps, becoming tense at his condition. What was happening?
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Continue without Xahi for now?
Maybe this is unhealthy. Alarian fought the urge to flinch away from the cold, distant voice in his mind. It was a thread of logic among the hurt— maybe this is dramatic. But hadn't he lost so much already? Hadn't he hurt enough by now? Something in him held briefly to the knowledge that this was naive, that he had no reason to believe it would ever be enough.
When his friends arrived, the boy straightened slowly, ashamed that they had seen it. He had needed just a moment— just one second to wallow in the misery of it all. That was too much to ask, and suddenly Ali felt foolish for having wanted it. There was never a time to break anymore, not since he had joined this group. If he only knew how to stop, he thought, perhaps running away would not be so tempting.
Lennon is gone. The new Governor said stiffly, not daring to look directly at Korei or Xahi. I've searched. The scent's stale.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia heard the words. She dipped her head forward slowly. "So...he's gone then..." He had saved her and she had never forgotten. But for him to suddenly leave? With no goodbye's? Korei was so disbelieving of this. She held onto hope. "Maybe...maybe he's in trouble. Maybe he needs our help!"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Her disbelief mirrored what he had felt earlier; Alarian continued more gently now, unable to ignore the pang of sympathy. I thought so, too— but he's nowhere near here. I didn't see any signs of him. I think maybe... he just left.
Of course it pained him to say it, but he didn't let Korei see that now. She had seen enough already, anyway.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei shook her head. That was not something she was willing to believe. "But...but he was there for us! Why would he just...leave?!" It didn't make any sense to her. She wanted to cry now. She had lost another friend...and she had said that she would stay with them forever, and wanted them both to stay. "He promised!"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
short post is SHORT
wanna wrap this up now? <3
I'm sorry. Ali murmured instinctively, turning to push his nose gently against her cheek. He shot Xahi a half-guilty, half-pleading look; Korei seemed to be having a more difficult time with this. The Governor would comfort his friend later.
That Lennon was gone suddenly seemed a slightly smaller concern— now he worried about those who remained.