Stone Circle good-bye, but not forever
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
Nikai had thought on it for some time after the talk with Valette, and he had concluded that it was now or never — leave and explore the world, or stay here a ghost of a wolf, never truly knowing who he was or what he was supposed to do here. It fell hard on his shoulders to know he would need to depart, but Valette's new mate brought some light to his mind on the matter; she had someone who cared for her, at least. Spring was clearly on its way and so it was the best possible time to depart, if any.

He called for @Valette and @Steph specifically, though hoped that @Poppy would be there too for a good-bye (and he wouldn't say no to other pack mates that'd wish to say good-bye). Valette would know what his call was about, most likely, and Nikai waited nervously near the den area for his family to arrive so that he could bid them a heartfelt farewell.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette perked up when she heard Nikai's howl. Instantly her heart sank because she knew the time had come. Nikai had thought about leaving and luckily talked to her about it as well. Now it seemed that he had come to a decision. Valette hastened herself to Nikai's location. She needed to so goodbye to him. In her past life, she didn't get many chances to say goodbye to wolves. Often they would be gone suddenly. This time she was going to make sure that she was able to say goodbye.

Valette came running towards him and made a sliding stop. She let out a soft whine as she would miss him so terribly. The last one that knew Steady. Everyone in the pack didn't know Steady. It was like a different world, almost like she imagined him. "Please be careful," the mother couldn't help but say. "I will miss you," she spoke, trying to fight the tears. She wasn't sad she just knew she was going to miss him.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ezra wasn’t as sad as he thought he’d be when he heard the howl, but then again that didn’t really come as a surprise to him. He had never been as close with his elder siblings as he had been with his littermates, and so he could only imagine that Nikai’s departure from home would be a whole lot easier than Clary and Nanook’s. Of course he’d still miss the seeing that freckled face around the territory, but it wasn’t like this would be a life changing goodbye for him.

He showed up just after his mother, a small frown clearly engraved on his face. It was difficult for him to say the words, and so he didn’t, simply offering a bump to Nikai’s shoulder instead. Once he had finished saying his silent farewell, Ezra moved to comfort his mother in anyway he could, even if it meant just being a shoulder to cry on.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Valette was first to arrive, of course. Nikai nuzzled her chin respectfully and then moved on to bump his nose softly against her cheek. She asked him to be careful and he smiled -- so typically his mother -- before saying: "Don't worry, this isn't good bye." He would return to her some day, and if he chose a different pack then he would let her know and visit Easthollow still. Nikai was confident that things'd be alright and that he would be back here some day, one way or another.

Ezra was next to arrive. Nikai waved his tail at the boy and returned the shoulder-bump with a quick nudge to Ezra's shoulder. "I won't be gone forever," he promised — he hadn't spent as much time with Ezra as he'd liked, a thing that he had never fully realised until nw, but maybe it was for the best; it'd make his farewell a bit easier. Nikai waited, knowing he couldn't leave before saying farewell to Steph at least.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was third to arrive. She would have come quicker, but with her new-found freedom from the collar, and her rib fully healed, it was hard to keep her in one spot for very long. She did come, but with a frown on her face as she slowed to a stop beside Nikai. You're leaving? She hadn't known before now that he was thinking about it.

Steph had lost Murdock, and then Clary and Nanook left on their adventure, and now Nikai was leaving? And just when she was starting to get better. What about your leg? she asked, worried he wouldn't be able to take care of himself if he was still healing.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had already accepted the fact that Nikai was leaving. She was not going to try and change his mind. Valette wouldn't want that. Valette did tear up a bit though. She was sad to see him leave but also happy for him that he could do as he liked. Children leaving the nest was never fun. Valette sniffled and then nodded. She was not sure why she was so emotional lately maybe her heat would come soon.

Steph arrived. She seemed more confused about the fact as to why he was leaving. Valette could agree on Steph's worry. She glanced at Nikai's leg. "If it becomes too much then you can always return or send someone to come fetch you," she spoke though she realized that maybe sounded a bit too motherly. "I'm sorry. I'm sure you will be fine," she quickly corrected herself. Valette just shifted close to Ezra. Her only remaining son.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He couldn’t understand the desire to be anywhere other than home. Perhaps it would come to him later when instincts kicked in and all that, but right now as a youthful teenager he found that there was simply no drive to explore. He was ok with that, more than ok actually. Yeah it could be boring sometimes but he rather enjoyed the lack of chaos and drama. Besides, his family was here and even if they all chose to leave him one day he’d still be here like a total loser, patiently waiting for the day they return. 

So even though he couldn’t understand the reasoning behind Nikai’s departure, Ezra still supported his brother nonetheless. The same concern for his wellbeing crossed the boy’s mind, but he believed that Nikai was the best judge in this situation and that if he felt he couldn’t handle it, he wouldn’t be going in the first place. And so he remained silent, steadying himself when his mother shifted close, blue eyes trailing from his mother to his sister as he wondered if they had anything else to bring to attention.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai'd always had a feeling that he wanted to do more, wanted to travel, wanted to see the world.. he had never quite been able to place that feeling but now he knew that he must leave. In part because of Keoni's death; she had wanted to travel and he had promised her they would, but now it was too late. Life was so fleeting, and he had spent most of his life caring for others rather than figuring out who he was. Now he was ready to find out just that.

This good bye, this was just something he had to get through. They had to get through. It was tough, especially because his caring nature dictated he should stay here with them. But like every step of the journey he'd make, this good bye, too, was part of the journey that he was undertaking, part of the trying steps he would undertake to learn more of himself and to figure out life, somehow. He smiled softly at Ezra before looking at Steph who arrived just then.

Steph was the toughest to say good-bye to. He'd grown close to his younger sibling and he wanted to be there for her, but he knew he had to be there for himself, too. He knew that it'd be even harder to explain this to his siblings, and so he didn't. Maybe some day they'd understand. "I'm sorry," he said with an apologetic look on his face as he leaned in to nuzzle Steph's cheek. "I'll miss you lots, but I promise I'll come back some day." Whether to visit or live, he didn't yet know; but he would return here, to them, he would make sure of it.

A soft smile danced across his face as Valette said that he could send for her if he would get in trouble. "I know," he said and ignored her apology. He murmured in soft tones to Valette, "I'm glad you found someone you love," as it made it so much easier to leave, knowing that his mother was taken care of. He didn't know Stark very well but he was sure that Valette knew who was good for her and not and that she'd made a good choice there.

As for the leg.. He looked at Steph and said, "I'll be fine. I've learned to get by on three legs pretty well and I feel better except for the leg. And if not, then I guess you'll see me back here sooner rather than later." Nikai winked at Steph then and he cast all of them a last glance, leaving space for them to say something before he would depart.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as she realized Nikai was really leaving. But, there are really bad wolves out there, she said, the worry in her voice evident. Birk said they're awful! How could he go out there, injured, and defend himself against such ruthless opponents? 

She let out a short whine when he nuzzled her, and she buried her face in his scruff. She didn't respond to his promise; she couldn't. She wanted to believe him, but Aunt Nanook and Clary had said that, too, and they hadn't returned yet. How long were they going to be gone? How long was Nikai going to gone?

She took a step back as he regarded their mother. Her saddened eyes never left him, though. I hope sooner, she replied honestly. She glanced to Ezra, and noticed he had been quiet. She surmised that this was probably tough on him, too, to see their older brother leaving. She stepped to his side, nosing his shoulder in support. They would be the only two siblings left in Easthollow for now.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette felt bad for Steph. She could understand that Steph would miss her older brother. They had spent a lot of time together when Steph was injured. Valette winced a bit to hear that Steph thought about the outside world as that dangerous. There were also good things outside of the territory. "Nikai knows when he has to stay clear of a bad wolf. I'm certain," she spoke and smiled at Nikai.

Then he wished her goodbye. Valette couldn't help but sniffle as well. "I know. He is good to me. But do come back," she urged. The female then eyed with a sad smile at her son. She stepped forward and nuzzled him one last time. "Okay, now off you go!,' she spoke to Nikai. "We will miss you," she added.