Stone Circle and if i died, who would be there to bury me
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
All Welcome 
Time didn't move. 

At night, Rowana would curl up into a ball inside of Illecebra's den and wait for the sun to come up, but it never did. She would sit there for hours, only blinking once, twice, and expecting it to be day when she opened her eyes again. The thing about it was, daylight never came. It didn't seem like Ro would ever see the sunrise, but she didn't think that she deserved to, anyway. 

It was a shitty thing, feeling so pitiful and helpless. It wasn't like Rowana to be so desperate and to lack her normal spirit, but try as she might, she just couldn't get her groove back. Lying there in the doorway of the den with her nose turned up to the twinkling stars, she said a silent prayer in hopes that someone might be listening.
"And some days I think I'd feel better if I tried harder
Most days I know it's not true"
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph couldn't be happier now that her rib had healed and that heavy collar was off of her neck. As such, the past few days weren't not spent sleeping very much. Instead, she was out and about, getting into whatever fun and trouble she could find. Tonight, since snow had fallen, she was bounding through it, growling playfully as she slid to a stop, then ran back and did it again. 

She wasn't aware that she was near anyone's den, but then again, she wasn't paying attention either. She threw her body down into the snow and began to roll around in it. Her thick coat made it possible for her not to mind that it was so cold. She paused in her rolling, but remained on her back, her legs sticking up into the air.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
It had been so long since Ro had seen any of Valette's kids that for a moment, she didn't even recognize Steph as one of them. Once she did realize who the girl was, her hackles began to fall and her eyes were able to refocus in a softer, kinder light. It's late, she announced flatly, sure that Steph was already aware.

Company was all that Rowana wanted, but it had been so long, she wasn't sure if she knew how to keep people around anymore. Hopefully, Steph would be able to keep the conversation alive, because Ro knew that she couldn't.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The young female hadn't realized anyone was nearby until a voice reached her ears. She was quick to right herself, snow flying into the air as she did so. Her eyes scanned the area for the source, and it took her a few moments to find it. When she did, her tail wagged, automatically assuming it was going to be a friendly encounter.

She didn't detect any anger in the voice, so she stood and made her way over, her tail wagged low behind her. Hey, I'm Steph, she introduced, smiling at the stranger. What's your name? she asked. She sat back on her haunches, and waited for a response.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
It was probably best that Steph not know who Rowana was; it meant that she didn't have an preconceptions. Unlike the rest of her relationships, this one would be new and untouched and she wouldn't have to walk on eggshells. I'm Rowana, she whispered, voice softer than she'd intended. Then, again, after clearing her throat, Rowana.

Recently, all things considered, Rowana hadn't been in the most talkative of moods. There was only one thing that she could say, and that had already been said, so again did she wait in silence for Steph to take up the empty space between them.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph perked her ears, hearing the woman's voice, but she wasn't able to hear the words. She came forward, getting closer to her, and heard her clear her voice and try again. She smiled softly, her tail wagging. Nice to meet you, Rowana, she replied. When she got within a couple yards, she sat down on her haunches in front of Rowana. 

So, you like the nighttime? she asked, assuming so since the female was still up. She also assumed that if she hadn't wanted company, she wouldn't have given her location away. If she hadn't spoken, Steph might have never known she was here. She glanced up from where they were, I like the stars, though they're harder to see with all the trees, she commented, her gaze going back to the girl.