The Sunspire get your feet wet, the water is warm
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
All Welcome 
Those old bones were starting to do more harm than good. Forrest thought that this season might not only be her last as a midwife, but it might be the last one she allowed herself to see. As a healer, she knew what herbs to take to get the effect that she wanted, and while she dealed primarily with life, death did not scare her. It would be okay, Forrest assured herself; these women were more than capable of handling themselves without her. 

But, her decision to off herself did not mean that Forrest didn't have living patients who needed her care. There were herbs to be collected and dens to be dug, so that was exactly what the otherwise dutiless midwife was doing to bide her time.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
There was a wolf among the Sunspire's wolves that was considerably older and more experienced than the rest of them. Wraen had caught sight of the particular she-wolf, when they had settled in the mountains and had seen her on passing frequently, but due to her being very busy in the last weeks, she had had no time and make an acquaintance. 

Therefore now, when she was on her way to work on a new spot for caches and when she happened to run accross the she-wolf, the girl decided that there was time to spare. "Hey," she approached the elder in a confident, but friendly and polite manner. "You are Forrest - am I correct?"
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
The Gamma's entrance was taken with a gracious smile and a prodding reach of Forrest's muzzle. That would be me, yes, she replied with a nod of her head and a tiny giggle, I want to say that I know your name, too, but I don't like to tell fibs. Even if Forrest had heard it before, old age had taken a toll on her once remarkable memory. It was a miracle if she could remember the day's three meals, let alone a dozen new names.

I was gonna look for some buds, build up a cache before we're overcome with children. Care to accompany me? Whether or not Wraen followed, well, that was neither here nor there. Either way, Forrest had made up her mind to search out the herbs she needed, and if she had to do it alone, then so be it.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I think that we will get along just fine," Wraen replied and did not offer her name. Not that she felt offended, just a whim of the moment. And if the elder was to forget it anyway - then did it really matter?

"I was on a similar task myself," meaning "caches" not the buds. Plants had never been her forte and aside from occasional nip of grass or desperate foods, when it felt like it, she did not dare to experiment with others.

"What exactly are you looking for? Those buds - what are they for?" she asked. 

They spent some more time in each other's company and then went their separate ways.