Deepwood Weald Road To Ruin
71 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
For anyone around Deepwood who is up for a thread!

Runion had moved onwards inland. He came to this place, and he decided he would settle here for a bit. Stepping up to a tree, he rested his side against it. He sighed lightly, finally able to rest somewhere again. But he would not remain for long, for his search would continue onwards. Runion planned on that.
when you're dead, there will be no grave to remember your name
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The ghoul ventured away from the mountain in hopes of finding some strength in the unknown again. The further she wandered from the borders of her new home, the more restless she began to feel. Her pale optics searched the wood for signs of others – strangers – who would hide within the shadows of the brush only to leap out when she should pass. Lucy’s gaze drifted carefully across each delicate movement until she found the blue of her eyes settling on a stranger cloaked in silver. Immediately, she froze in place and she watched with deep breaths as he seemed to be searching for something.
much to my surprise when I opened up my eyes all the sheep had turned to wolves
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
71 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Runion had his gaze moving about, huffing against the side of the tree. "Such travels...why oh why did he have to go out so far..." Runion muttered to himself. He did not catch site of the other, not until he moved. Or well, rather she scented someone caught on the wind. "I can smell you whoever you are!" he called out.
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The voice from the other shook her to her core and she shuddered against it. Quick to hold her breath, the dark ghoul moved around in a wide circle. He could smell her, but that did not mean that he could see her. If she had been smart, she would have fled back to the mountain to find a means to fill the time there. Instead, she moved forward and drew in the scent from the strange wolf. Her eyes followed his movements for signs that he would whirl on her – signs that he would consume her as the gunmetal brute had.
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
71 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Runion could still smell her. Yet still could not see her. By their scent he could tell, or at least was sure that they were female. "Come on deary, I'm not a bad guy" he assured. And as long as they got on his good side, then he would be a nice guy. He remained where he was however, not attempting to seek out the scent.
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Are you sure?

She had wanted to ask him, but instead she held her tongue and waged an internal battle over her decision to reveal herself. Fortunately for Lucy, her situation was not all that like a horror movie. If she had a right mind, she would not have opened her mouth at all, but fled into the wood to seek safety in a hidden nook. Instead, she wondered if the loud male was being genuine, or luring her out with pleasantries. The ghoul breathed deep and then emerged from the brush with a wary expression and rigid fur. The blue of her gaze was sharp and trained on his limbs to catch any signs of an ambush. As the young shadow made her presence known, she studied his posture and physique to determine risk.

Drawing her tongue along her muzzle, the dark girl canted her head to the side. “What are you doing out here?” she asked him. Making all that noise…
71 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Runion watched as the bush rustled. Then out came a pale female wolf. He was still against the tree, still rather tired from his journeying. "What's it look like?" he asked, looking her over. 

"Resting" he then added after a rather long pause. "Gone quite the distance now, thought this tree looked nice."
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The manner in which he spoke seemed to have caught her off guard. Lucy was not used to the abrupt responses, or the gruff nature of the male. While his tone had afforded him a seemingly gruff appearance, it was the good-natured way that he carried himself that seemed to allow the dark shadow to remain there and listen. He talked of travel and places to rest, then mentioned that he thought the tree had been an apt location. Her pale blue gaze drifted toward the bark of the tree before she nodded her head, almost solemnly.

“It does look nice,” she agreed in a soft voice. With her heart thrumming, the ghoul latched tightly to the few things he had explained, and she canted her head a little to the right. There was a thoughtful frown imprinted on her young features. Otherwise, she appeared the same as when she had stepped through the thick brush. “You’ve been traveling?”
71 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He sighed. He hadn't even noticed the tree really, all it was was something to lean on, to rest against. She asked if he had been travelling, and he nodded to the young wolfess. "Here and there...been uneventful." He stood up a bit now, shaking out his fur. He wasn't so tired that he could not stand...a little rest was all he needed. "And what of you, all the way out here? In this dark forest?"