Stone Circle Awoken from a fog
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Ezra :D :D? Forward dated to tomorrow-ish so her heat is over.

Valette felt like she had lived through a daze. She had been with Stark for most of her time or Stark with her. It was often that he followed her protectively. Either way, Valette noticed that her previous scent was lessening. She hoped it was a good sign. But she wouldn't know until much later. Valette wondered how Ezra was doing. Her baby boy, though he was not a baby no more. He would probably be larger than her if he wasn't taller already. Oh, how she remembered how tiny they were when being born.

Valette let out a howl for her son. She wanted to spend some time with him. Maybe they could watch the herds together, or do something mercenary-like for his trades. Or perhaps he had questions about her changing scent. She had informed Steph about it before it happened but didn't with Ezra. Perhaps he had as many questions as Steph had.

I feel like Ezra will be taller than Valette by now haha but I don't know if you visualize him that way!
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
yup, i see him as being taller than her now :)

He hadn’t really intended to avoid his mother these past few days but,  whenever he had managed to catch her off in the distance, Stark was almost always there by her side. He really didn’t mind the sudden infatuation Valette had with the male, I mean they were mates, he assumed it was natural for them to be so lovey dovey with each other. But a part of him was rightfully jealous of all the attention the new beta had been receiving. After all him and his siblings had always been the ones in his mother’s eyes, so for the spotlight to suddenly shift to somebody else, well it hurt a little. 

So when he heard the howl that called specifically for him, he instantly sprung from his resting position and took off in the direction it had come from. When the darkened gray form of his mother came into view, Ezra let his tail swing happily behind him, pace picking up slightly as he closed the remaining distance between them. Her scent, which was now returning to normal, had of course caused sparked some curiosity within him. For the moment however he left his questions unspoken while he ducked down to offer a few licks to the bottom of her chin in a respectful greeting.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hadn't realized how big Ezra had become. He was taller than her now and the female couldn't help but be proud of him. Her son! She greeted him back with licks over his muzzle. "Will you stop growing!," she let out with a grin on her lips. It was not a surprise to her that he was growing taller than her. Ezekiel had been tall as well. Though Ezra's father had more muscle, Ezra still had his youthfulness.

The mother had no idea that Ezra had been a bit more jealous by the attention that Stark was taking from her. "How have you been?,' she asked. "I'm sorry I haven't been around. I was in heat, and well..." she paused for a moment. "Perhaps we should talk about that," she offered with a smile. She had talked about it with Steph but not with Ezra.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ezra didn’t remember his father, hell he could barely even remember his name, but he had always figured he had gotten his looks and stature from his sire and the past few weeks had turned that theory into something more definite. He had grown extraordinary quickly and had easily outgrown his sisters and mother, so the only logical explanation, at least in Ezra’s mind, was that his father had a large part to play genetics wise. 

“I’ve been good” he answered, tail brushing lightly at his hocks. He hadn’t been up to much and since he wasn’t exactly the type to find himself caught up with drama, there wasn’t really much to share. “Heat?” he questioned, heat tilting ever so slightly while his ears perked up. What the heck was that?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette just wanted to keep licking her son but she sort of knew when to stop. She sat back and watched her handsome young man before her. She was so proud of all of her children. "Yes. Heat," she spoke. Somehow she found it more difficult to explain it to him than to Steph. "It is something that happens to a female after 2 years of age. A different scent comes from the female to let males know they can have pups," she explained. She glanced at him to see his reaction.

After all, maybe he would be embarrassed by it, or maybe he would be completely fine with that information. She had just been in heat which, hopefully, would mean that she would have pups in the next few weeks. She was not sure how Ezra would feel about having siblings or even about having a sex talk with his mother.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
sorry for the wait!

The explanation itself wasn’t confusing, however the questions that popped into his head were. For starters, why was two years the magical age? Why not younger, or older for that matter? There was also the matter as to why the scent was necessary to tell the male’s they could have kids? Why couldn’t they just have them at any time? And finally, if this scent was supposed to alert a male for when they could have pups, then why hadn’t he had this imaginary signal go off in his head when his mother had gone through her cycle? Actually, thinking back on that last question, he was kind of glad that hadn’t happened. 

“So when I smell that scent, it means I can have kids?” he questioned, brow raising slightly as he waited for an answer. Spring time had brought forth an abundance of this scent she had called heat, not only from his mother but his neighbors as well. He had been patrolling a few times when he’d catch a gust of wind that would carry that enticing aroma with it, and every now and then he’d feel himself take a step towards the valley. But he’d always stop himself and return to his patrols as if nothing happened, eventually forgetting the whole thing all together.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Same!!!

Valette thought he would have more questions but there came only one. She nodded to answer him. She didn't know if males had to wait till they were two years as well. She only knew it from her own female side. Most of her suitors had been far older than two. "I don't know if you have to wait till you are two years old as well," she admitted.

Valette thought Stark might be Willing to explain but she wasn't sure if Ezra was that close with Stark. "You could ask Stark, he probably knows more, but I don't know if you want to talk to him about that. I only know from my own experience."
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He gave a nod at her response, even more curious than he’d been earlier. If mother didn’t know the answer than he’d have to go to someone else to get them which honestly wasn’t a big deal, he just assumed it would be a lot less enjoyable. Stark was suggested and Ezra shrugged his shoulders as a silent response. He didn’t know his mother’s mate all that well but he sounded like the best choice so, if he happened to find a bit of free time on his hands, he might just track down the older male and ask him a bunch of questions that were bound to be uncomfortable and awkward. 

Will you have kids every time you have this heat?” was the next question that came rolling off his tongue. His mother had mentioned how heat allowed the possibility of children, but was that always set in stone? “And how long does it last, or like, when does it finally stop?”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed the silent shrug. She knew that Ezra might have some trouble bonding to males. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to ask such things of Stark. "It is alright, you don't have to," Valette spoke to assure him. Then Ezra came with more questions. Ones she could answer better for him. Valette liked to think she would get pups every heat but that might be exhausting. "Only when I would be intimate with a male I would. Though If I won't have a mate I wouldn't go out of my way to get pups. I only want to do it together," she explained. Even though her children grew up healthy without Ezekiel she didn't want such a thing to happen again.

"It lasts for a week or just a bit longer," Valette explained. The female knew this from own experience. "But you will only be able to tell if you are pregnant some few weeks after the heat as the female's body will change," she spoke. Hopefully, this would provide him with more information. "So she will become rounder in the middle, less fur on her belly and perhaps a bit more moody," she chuckled. Though, Valette never really had the moodiness until she was close to giving birth.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He licked his lips when she told him he didn’t have to force himself to talk with Stark. There was nothing wrong with the beta, he was cool and everything and obviously important to his mother but Ezra overall held little interest in him. He was technically considered family now but honestly, it just didn’t feel the same. “So” he began, unsure how to word the question that was swirling around in his mind. “Were we a mistake?” he finally managed to question after Valette had explained how she only wanted to do the whole children thing if she had a mate.

Obviously his father and mother were not together so Ezra couldn’t help but wonder if him and his siblings were the reason why she only wanted to have children with a mate. As far as he was considered his mother had done a damn good job of raising him and his sisters and he saw no reason as to why she’d only want to have children if a partner was in the picture. What was so wrong about being a single parent?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't expect such a question from her son. She hoped that she had shown him enough love that he would feel wanted. "You were wanted," she instantly returned to him. "I wanted you three more than anything else," she explained to him and then smiled. She was very happy to have become a mother.

In fact if she had to give up leadership for them she would have but now she was glad that she could combine both. "Leadership and raising children is not the easiest job. I like to think that I did okay with you three, it is just easier to have someone with you that can watch them and be there for your children. I hated leaving you three alone. Luckily Aunt Nanook was there or another pack mate but still," she spoke with a shrug. Valette paused for a moment. "I just hope that I am a good parent for you and that... with all the girls around you, you aren't missing a father figure too much," she admitted her fear.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The reason behind his conception mattered little to him. He was here now and was well aware that he was loved by his mother so truly, anything that came before his first breath wasn’t important to him. He stepped forward to attempt a gentle head butt in a display of affection, trying to show her that he understood and was grateful for the love she gave them. He waited for a moment before pulling away, tail brushing against his hocks while he listened to the reasoning behind her decision of wanting a mate. 

“I will always be here for you” he announced, wanting her to hear it aloud that he’d be there for her whenever she needed him. She had raised him, the least he could do was return the affection. Even if Stark should abandon her or Steph and Clary decided to continue their life elsewhere, Ezra believed he’d be here to support her. As for the mention of a father figure...”I can’t miss something I never had” he answered with shrug. Any hole that might usually display itself in one missing a father wasn’t present in the greyscale youth. He had never held a desire for a father, never believed he needed one either. “You and aunt Nook were the best parents I could have asked for. I wouldn’t want it any other way.”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette almost melted in a puddle when her son spoke so positively and that he let her know that he would always be there for her. Valette was almost ready to break out in sniffles but she kept her emotions at bay. "I guess you are right at that," she admitted softly. They never really had a father so how could they know what a father figure might be.

"You are so sweet," Valette spoke, a slight sniffle. "Sorry hormones," she muttered. Valette nosed her son and smiled at him. "I'm so proud of you." She honestly was. She realized that Ezra was far more levelheaded than Ezekiel. She was glad for that. "Are you excited for your new siblings?," she asked curiously.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He leaned into the brief touch as his mother spoke of how proud she was, something he was already well aware of yet happy to hear. He hoped that no matter what that pride and love she held for him would never diminish, not just as a mother but as a leader too.

As for how he felt about new siblings..."I am!" he responded, a bit more emotion behind his words than normal. If they were anything like Steph and Clary he'd be sure to love them unconditionally, and honestly just being related to him gave them a head start on his list of wolves to care for. But what he was most excited for was something nobody could tell him, at least not yet that was. "I hope I have a brother". His sisters were amazing and he hoped to have more of them as well, but, having a bit more testosterone in the family couldn't hurt anyone.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Ezra revealed he would like a brother. She could imagine that he would. Even though, she had no input in gender she hoped for some boys as well. If they were all girls she would love them as much but boys would be nice. She would love the interaction with Stark. She could also level up her game better on boys, Valette decided.

"I hope so too," she smiled and dipped her head. "I will let you know as soon as I know myself," she spoke to her son. Valette hummed happily. "Maybe you will even have two brothers!" She didn't want him to hope for too much but it could be possible. Valette had no clue what she would brew this year.