Moonspear everything i've got to give
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
All Welcome 
The fog persisted.. lingering to varying degrees almost all day, and helping to keep everything on the mountainside chilly and damp. Despite the dreariness, he stayed out on the hunt, raiding for various small catches across this swatch of meadows that he would intend to offer to his mother. Today, unlike yesterday's good luck, he wasn't having much go accordingly to plan. The young Ostrega remained empty-handed, although determined to find something.

He was already worried about the state of things.. cold gross days, Hydra out scouting, and of course the upcoming puppies and them getting here in the first place just to begin. That all was starting to concern him.. especially now that his dam wasn't letting him around her much anymore, a little like before but in a different way this time. Even when he did see her, she seemed so fatigued. This bothered the young son.. because everything would be fine? and was this just how it was? and soon they would have new siblings?

Anyway, he sussed out a new trail for a new source to try elsewhere, and noticed a few other tracks here too along the way--although none of them really said fresh meats. Jarilo pricked up his ears, and scanned around for what else had passed. Or who.
feelers out at maybe @Corinna or @Lucy (no obligations) or anyone else out here is welcome?!
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
when you're dead, there will be no grave to remember your name
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The ghoul still ached in every inch of her body. She hurt in areas that she did not know were possible, and she cowered in the darkness of her new pack with a fearful eye on those who surrounded her. Lucy did not trust them; she did not trust anyone. Despite her promise that was made to Charon, the shadow was taking her time in getting well. She had opted to scope out her new home in order to find the best hiding places. She had been fortunate enough to find a small series of caves in the mountain that allowed for her to hide without the companionship of other wolves. In the night, she would hunt to deposit small voles and rabbits into their caches and then sleep through most of the day. It was working well enough for her.

During that portion of the day, she had taken to creeping around in the shadowed areas of the pack. Lucy had not come across many of the others, until she managed to stumble upon a dark-furred young man with tropical green eyes and a coat that reminded her distinctly of her attacker. With soft, bristling fur, the ghoul watched him. Her pale blue gaze was trained to his face, but she could see no malice there. After a few moments, she stepped through the brush and nodded to him. Still a fearful distance away, her limbs were rigid and her eyes were wide.
much to my surprise when I opened up my eyes all the sheep had turned to wolves
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
At the nearest cover of the foliage, he squinted and listened, ears tall and twisting here to there. His steps to follow this feeling of being watched were slow, meant to be extra quiet as he tried to make sense of what was triggering his perceptions. He knew that Hydra was out of town for a bit, so the rest of his sisters were busy elsewhere without him usually. Mama was entirely out of the equation right now, and Vela wasn't usually quite that sneaky towards him. Wiggling his nose, he thought maybe he was starting to catch on and confirm that it was truly none of these usual suspects.

She, whoever she was exactly, showed herself before all of his realization took shape. Jarilo perked up at her after a little start. She was darkly-shaded and while that alone meant the menacing solace of his family to him on his hometurf, she was different too. Her eyes were wide, and she looked ready to flee, or maybe lock up right there in place on such rigid legs. He didn't know if he should be concerned about that, whichever way it meant. Was something here? Was something wrong? Was he overthinking it? Jarilo stayed still, except a slow tail wave which gained speed as he shook the initial hesitation off; Charon had vaguely mentioned someone new in passing, he maybe remembered. "Hey, hi!" he chuffed and dipped his head, nodding back. "Is everything—?" he gestured off the way she'd came and attempted to roll his shoulders. Despite the distance he let stay as she put it, he wanted to find out more, and not startle her off by interrogation. He tried to be halfway meaningful and fought off the curious urge to creep closer too. "Everything okay? Or..?" Who knew what else it could be.
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The boy turned to her with bright eyes and a soft chuff in greeting. He appeared friendly, and while he spoke for a moment or two, Lucy roamed his figure with an interested gaze. The young man was coated in a peppering of ink and deep grey. His peculiar eyes stood out against the dark backdrop like nothing else she’d seen before. Once he had finished talking, she drew her ears forward and swallowed the lump that had gathered at the back of her throat. With a careful step or two, she closed some of the distance between them and then offered the smallest of smiles at his inquiry.

“That’s a deep question to start with,” the ghoul answered him with a small wiggling of her stubbed and tufted tail. Had she wanted to be forthcoming with her encounters with the wild folk on the outside, she would have certainly frightened the boy away. Instead, she opted for dry humor. While her limbs still ached and her rear end did not feel healed well enough to venture far from the pack, she had still survived.

“I’m Lucy.”
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
She didn't dart, although he did worry she might, and neither did she simply vaporize, like she probably wanted to.. but she did step a touch closer so he waved his tail a bit more to show he did appreciate it. This eventually led him to noticing her.. lack of such a measure of communication.

Vaguely distracted by this realization--he'd never seen that before, not here.. that he recalled. It took him a beat to really get what she meant to what he even asked  beneath frosty humor too, but he was quick to catch on and start to find a stride. Start being key here.

"Yeah, I guess so," he agreed with his ears splaying out, used to coming on a little too much, too fast in some way or another. "Everything can be pretty big.." he nodded, figuring hers to be bigger than his--likely by miles and miles. How could it all be alright? He lived a sheltered little life here most days and even it was not without the here and there of trouble. But, right. A name. Lucy. Wide-eyed on his own, he replied. "I'm Jarilo. I thought you looked kind of spooked maybe.. or that maybe you were my sisters at first," the juvenile huffed, and still didn't rule out the possibility of cerberus lurking somehow.
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The shadow would have imagined that the dark boy was young based only on how he spoke. She smiled softly at the response he offered, wanting him to know that while she wasn’t eager to answer his inquiry, she did not mind that it was presented to her. The sharp green of his gaze caught her eye more than once as she listened to his introduction. Jarilo she repeated in the silence of her mind. The boy then went on to say that he had imagined Lucy to be one of his sisters. Her brows rose in a moment of surprise, and she glanced over her shoulder as though the dark creatures would be standing behind her upon mention. Feeling a bit foolish, she faced him again and her stubbed tail wagged politely.

“Your sisters? How many do you have?” she asked him in a tentative voice. Then, assuming that he had mistaken her for her inky coat and sharp blue gaze, she canted her head a bit to the left and swiveled a single ear so that it splayed sideways. Lucy wondered if she would happen upon a doppelgänger in her time on Moonspear. For a moment, a flash of fear raced through her at the thought of another surprise meeting with siblings she knew nothing about. Casting the thought aside and knowing it was foolish, Lucy focused on Jarilo and learning more about him.  
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
When a key aspect of his life was his sisters, the whole slew of them, he was more than happy to prattle on about them since she asked. He would gladly answer since she no longer seemed quite so shook and neither had she shooed him off. "Three that are dark like you--Alya, Lyra and Hydra," he said with his fondness for his trio of older sisters well on display, and since that was definitely not the whole of it and he didn't want to leave out Vela, he went on with: "Three that have light colored fur, though, but two of them aren't here anymore. Only Vela," the boy nodded. Albeit the absent two were not here for very different reasons (Korei had already become a fuzzy memory for him unless he specifically sought it out and neither had he had that much lifetime to grow overly close to the unlucky Galaxy), they were all still worth a mention to further complete the picture of his sibling constellation.

"They're.. all around usually. You'll probably run into a few sooner or later," his tail waved gently since not fully knowing the depths of her preferences, he figured it couldn't be a bad thing to meet them--despite their sometimes intense personalities.
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The boy offered the names of a small slew of strangers. Lucy did her best to hold tight to their callings, but she only managed to save a few that had stood out against the roaring of her own mind. He was open about his family and he seemed more than willing to answer the questions that she asked of him. It was relieving to find companionship with someone of the sort.

“I’d imagine I will run into a few of them. It sounds like you’ve got a big family,” she commented with a small smile. There was a bitterness to the expression on her face. Though she tried to fend off the negative feelings, the ghoul could not help but to envy him for the closeness that he seemed to share with his relatives. It was a stretch – she knew – to say that Jarilo was close to those he had named. When compared to the fact that Lucy could not have named more than one member of her immediate family, it was a startling contrast. “You’ve been here all your life, then?” she ventured, wondering if he had wandered in one night and found a home, or if he had been raised on the grounds of the mountainside with all of the others he had listed.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He agreed, nodding as per such, because if she stuck around, she would meet them. Some of them could be elusive when they wanted to be, but certainly, they were all a presence here that was difficult to miss for all too long. As for the family, he supposed there really were an awful lot of him (although he had very little to compare this to, his worldscope was pretty secondhand sometimes), but did not know what to say to that, judging by her expressions that he did not quite know how to interpret yet either.

"Yeah. Born here," he perked, and found himself reminded of what he had brought up with Gannet, his other resident not-family-member, before too. "Have you been many places?" Since obviously she had not always lived here, and she looked plenty old enough to have seen some things compared to him--naturally, he was curious, and although something about her still made him hesitant to ask too much, he had to get in at least one question back.

He tried to find out what he could, but the dark wolf was terribly enigmatic to him even still. Treading a fine line between wanting to know more and not making her recoil, he tried.. and countered with whatever he could as for himself.