Stavanger Bay Mr.Boombastic
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel had been enjoying his stay in Ironsea for the time being. Especially the friendship with Awinita and his packmates friendliness as well. He walked near the waters edge, humming as he usually did. "It's a nice day out, walking in the sunshine, a nice day out, walking on the beach. It's a bright day out, basking in the sunlight, it's a bright day out, basking in the warmth" he sang to himself.

For anyone who's up for a thread
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
A sing-song voice sounded over the bay and Smokestep allowed a curling smile to form on his dark lips. With searching eyes, he trotted along the beach in search of the music-maker, when he finally set his sights on the elusive Engel. With piqued interest, the Captain trotted toward the aspiring Lookout and smiled fondly at the ginger-furred male. “Ahoy, Engel,” he barked as he neared the singer. A pleasant glint struck the red in his eye and Smokestep closed the distance between them with a few lengthy strides of his legs. “That’s quite a song, mate.”  
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard turned his head about to the other. "Ahoy Cappy" he said. "Uh, Captain...meant to say Captain..." He put on a bit of a grin in return to the smile that the other wore. "What can I say, I'm a singer with a lovely voice" he said. "Don't you think so?" He hadn't asked many if his voice was a nice one to hear, as he just assumed it was.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The grin was all it took for the pale corsair to forgive Engel of his misspoken title. He cast the shanty-maker a bit of a stern look before cocking a brow and chuckling. Smokestep had been called many things in his short life, and he was certain that he would add a great number of monikers to that list. The lookout inquired about his singing voice and the Captain cocked his head to the side with a fake sense of thoughtfulness. “Aye, ye’ve got a fine singer in ye,” he remarked with a solemn tone. “I have gathered a number of shanties meself,” the pale wolf then teased with a wild glint in his gaze and a proud puffing of his chest. With that being said, the pirate circled around his reddish friend and looked him up and down. “Do ye believe ye’ve got wot it takes fer a fine shantyman?”
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel chuckled along. He gave a lot of nicknames to others...well, most of the time. If he was ever given the chance he would even probably call him Smokey, or Smokin...but to Engel that would have a whole other meaning. 

"Oh please, I'm not that good." He recalled the shanty Awinita had sung. And the conversation afterwards. "Well I could make a good shantyman...but you know who has real potential? Awinita, she has a lot let me tell ya. Her voice, it's like the angels from the heavens, with the calm of the sea on a good summer's day." Perhaps he was giving her a bit too much praise, perhaps not. He thought she deserved it though.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Smokestep listened to Engel with a pleased smile that played at the corners of his mouth. It was good to hear that the aspiring lookout was enjoying the time he’d spent with Awinita. The Captain cocked his head to the right and cast the reddish wolf a questioning look, once he had finished speaking. “Ye’ve been spendin’ some good time wit Awinita then?” the marauder asked, still maintaining a smile. “Do ye two got somethin’ goin’ on there?” The second question was far more suggestive than he would have liked, but he did not attempt to amend the inquiry. After all, he felt he had a right to know what his crew was up to and how they felt about each other. More than this, Smokestep would have liked to see pups the next year around if they should make it that far ahead.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel cocked his head a little as Smokestep did, then rightened it upon the question asked. "Oh yes, we go back quite far" he answered. And by far it was more of...was it almost a year? Half? He could not quite remember. Then he went to answer the next, before freezing up. He knew Awi had somewhat of a crush on Smoke, or so that's what he gathered. So saying there was a thing....did he want to jeopradize any chance she had?

"Just friends...good ol' friends....Yyyep" he said, nodding slowly.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Smokestep’s ears perked at the word of their lengthy friendship. The Captain seemed relatively pleased that Engel would have known Awinita from before he had set his name down for the crew. At the second half of his question, the red wolf seemed to grow a bit awkward and it made the pirate squint his eyes sharply on his joyous companion. “Yer not very convincin’,” he remarked with a half-hearted smile. “She not yer type?” he then prodded further, this time only hoping to get a rise out of Engel instead of having to putter through more awkward responses to his invasive questions. Truth be told, Smokestep was thoroughly enjoying himself, and he was eager to hear what his aspiring lookout would have to say about the pale female then.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard smirked a little. Not his type? Something everyone was due to know, almost every type was his type. "Captain, let me in on a secret..." He leaned forward a little. "Everyone's my type." If Engel could have his way even Smoke himself would no doubt be in his sights. But for now Engel did not have many that caught his gaze. He gave a quick wink as well to add onto the words to have himself some fun.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The young Captain could not have said that he was surprised by the quick-tongued response from his reddish crew member. Still, his brows raised some and his smile widened at the remark made by Engel. With a soft wavering of his tail, Smokestep chuckled and nodded his head. “Well, blow me down,” he exclaimed in between the snickering of his voice. The pirate was not a judging type; he was of the belief that you could love whoever you damn well pleased. “Who’ve ye got yer eye on then, lad? Who gets ye goin’ early in the morn,” the pallid yearling inquired with a devilish smirk. Knowing what he knew about the scout, he was curious to see if his suspicions were correct and Engel was interested in Awinita. While he was no matchmaker, the marauder did think that they would make a fine couple. The next year, he would want to have children in the ranks so that they could grow and learn the ways of the Ironsea wolves. That would only work if he managed to pair a few of his crew members off.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard grinned, shrugging. "So far no one yet. But with how my life goes, I may soon wake up to find another by my side" he said, keeping his grin up. Then his grin widened as the love guru in his mind awakened. "And what of you? Whom does the mighty Captain have their eyes set on?" he asked, fluttering his eyes a little. The flutter of the eyes had been more of a reflex, another quirk among the winkings and the flirtings.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
It was fortunate that Smokestep had this in common with the russet-coated male. He was impressed that the scout was so open in regard to his relations with others, but there was something admirable about this. The question was turned around for Smokestep, and the pale Captain took on something of a bashful expression. Underneath his light coat, the long-limbed Cairn was flooded red. “Well, right… er,” he stammered without pause before he shook his head and chuckled. “There’s plenty o’ fish in the sea.” His mind had initially raced to the image of Rosalyn and the dark reddish brown of her coat, but when he thought of her he could only burn on behalf of his sister. So, he opted not to name anyone in their pack – anyone that Engel would know – in order to save his own hide.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel curved the fur above his eye in a short frown...then a smile and then he made a little laugh. He knew that, he'd gone along those rules for many years. "Captain, I know that!" he said with his laughter. "I've had my fair share of fish in the sea too. And many fish have satisfied me..." Anyone would do for him, and anyone had done for him...well, most had.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Let's go ahead and fade this out with your next post if you'd like <3 they can have fun in the waters behind the scenes :D
Smokestep could not help but to smile fondly at Engel’s response. The corners of his eyes crinkled, and he let a short chuckle fall from his lips. It was good to know that his mate was capable of getting what he needed in order to feel satisfied. Smokestep had believed the idea of physical satisfaction to be hard to come by, but only due to how he had been raised. Though he carried himself with swagger and brashness, he was not always capable of handling deep personal conversations well. It was almost evident in the talk he was sharing with his aspiring Lookout.

“Speakin’ o’ fishin’, wot say ye to a dip in the ocean?” Smokestep then asked him with a fleeting smile that stretched his dark lips upward. He motioned toward the rolling waves with a cheerful expression before he sprang through the sands and aimed to dive into the waters. He was eager to spend some quality time with his mate, and wanted to do it where he felt most at home; in the sea.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard chuckled along with Smokestep, as if what he had said was a joke. Which in some way, it was. A humorous one, cause many fish had in fact swam away from him in that sense. Most of the time, he was a one-time showman then that was it from him. 

"Well how can I deny a dip in some water?" Though however the last time he had dipped in water with someone, it had not gone so well. While Smoke rushed in, Engel took it slow and leisurely walked into the water at a gentle pace, choosing to take his time with the waters.