Dawnlark Plains This isn't the last chapter of our story
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
For @Sorrel Marie and @Grayday, though @Dawn and @Pema are also welcome!

The youth had been preoccupied with a plethora of thoughts and decisions recently, hence his occasional absence from the main areas within Morningside's territory. Despite his love for social gatherings and interactions between packmates, he found the comfort of silence soothed his mind and allowed him to concentrate on the days that were sure to come in time. Now, he supposed, was a better time than any to discuss this with Grayday. 

It was true the older man had been not been entirely different to an uncle figure to Kieran, but with every day that passed the boy found himself craving more and more to escape the confines of the territory and discover what lay beyond the new home in which these wolves claimed. He was a pack wolf at heart, always would be, but after the suggestion from his littermate his mind had been cluttered with new ideas. 

A brief howl rose from his lips, a summon for primarily Grayday but also the other leaders of Morningside while he waited at a small rise in the earth. His sister was called too, for she was as much a part of this as he himself - when they left was not yet determined, but he knew it was likely to be soon.
English * French
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It was with a heavy heart that Grayday answered the call with one of his own. Be right there. He knew deep in his bones what Kieran wanted to talk about, and it was a topic that the male was decidedly against broaching. But Kieran was much beloved by the older man, and Grayday knew he had a duty to hear out the young male and send him away with the proper blessings. It was the way of wolves to leave their elders, and Kieran could not be denied the rights that had been enjoyed by his forebearers.

He arrived with a low chuff and a wag of his tail, but spoke not a word to the boy - man standing before him. If Kieran wanted to have this conversation, he could damn well start it himself.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Since talking to Papa, Sorrel's relief had only multiplied. They would be moving soon, and although she hated to bid Morningside farewell, she knew that it was time. Maman had never hesitated to remind her how close she was to becoming a woman and a mother in her own rite; when that time came, Sorrel planned to take full advantage.

Sitting beside Kieran, she was pleased to have been able to witness Grayday's speedy approach. Hey, Pa, she greeted. Instead of moving to greet him with a nudge or a kiss, she remained planted and waited for Kieran to initiate conversation.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The youth did not have to wait long for two figures to arrive upon the scene - Grayday first, and then Sorrel. The look in the older man's eyes spoke of unwillingness for this conversation to take place, and despite the weight of guilt within Kieran's stomach, he knew he could not put this off any longer. 

"Hey," He spoke first, a small smile causing the quirk of his lips, tail beating gently on the ground - "Um, so..." Not usually could he be at a loss for words, but this was such a big conversation, and one he had never seen himself initiating had it been only a few weeks before. The world was a huge place and even with his desire to head out into the wilds, they would be faced with the unknown. They would have to discover new ways to survive, but at the same time he was sure it would be a worthwhile adventure.

"I think you know why we're here." His tongue swept across his lips with uncertainty before continuing. "In a way, I really don't want to leave. I've been here so long, and it feels strange to even consider leaving, but... There's a feeling I can't really describe. I've never had any want to head away from Morningside, but I have things I need to do and places I need to discover. I know it will be hard, but it is spring and I trust that there will be enough prey for us if we go." There was a lot to think about. "We've already spoken to Da, and... yeah. We'd like to go. I don't know... for how long. But we'll be back someday, I promise." When they found Hawthorn, they'd return, right?

The Streiter glanced up to meet the Leader's gaze, taking comfort in the closeness of his sibling. "I've been doubling how often I hunt recently, so the caches are filled enough for the pups." At the very least, he wanted to do that. He could not bring himself to search for the alpha of Morningside without working extra hard to cover up for his future absence. Would he be angry? No, knowing Grayday he wouldn't, would he? Surely he would understand that odd sense of restlessness that evolved in a youngster's heart when they grew and wished to explore the world, even if he hadn't worded it in the best way.
English * French
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday swallowed back on all his protests. He didn't want them to leave, and part of him was certainly hurt by their parting. He couldn't help but think of Sylvas, who was in worse and worse shape these days. He couldn't hep but think that their aunt had just found them, that Sorrel hadn't had a chance to fall for Sunny, that Cat was about to give birth... but in the end, he knew that holding them back now wasn't the way to go. Kids left - that was just the way these things went.

"You have my blessing," he said to them both, forcing a weak but genuine smile onto his face. "You don't need to worry about us. Just take care of each other," he said this mostly to Kieran, because as much as Sorrel's condition had improved, he still didn't think it was wise for her to leave the territory. "And come and visit if you're ever in town. Your dad will worry. I'll worry. So I better not hear of you being around and not coming to say hi."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours