Cerulean Cape why do I come back for more?
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Sorry to make you edit, J! Thanks for doing so, though; works just fine  :) 

In Nynka's mind, the elaborate facade continued to build: the crustacean had obviously found itself hungering that morning, and the small but ambitious critter had lured the canine into its trap with ease. All it had had to do was to scurry along a tempting little sideways stroll, and beckon the big hairy beast onward with a few waves of its red-streaked claws—possibly a little more red-streaked now, after their first physical contact was made with the target. It would be a long and grueling battle, but bit by bit, the creature could chip away it its foolish prey until at last the meat was subdued...

The canine was pawing at her face, appearing severely embarassed by her part in this little tale as best as a little weasel could tell—as well she should be, having let such a pathetic small creature get the better of her. It wasn't even half so fast or one-tenth as clever as a weasel, from what Nynka could see; even a wolf hadn't much excuse letting themselves be bested in this way. Nynka paid little heed to the distant shadows on the sand as she concocted her mental narrative, the lore of the Dread Wolf-Hunting Crab looming ever-larger, whilst her nose took little note of the strengthened and differently-flavored canine musk carried on the fitful breeze. She was too distracted by the antics of the crab and the first wolf—until the second canine started creeping across the sands toward the beckoning pale grasses that marked the ragged edge of the beach proper. Then her eyes snapped onto him, that crawling motion of attempted stealth tripping some suspicious circuit in her brain. She fixed him with a beady black eye and then raised her lips in a fierce and toothy mocking parody of a grin.

Come to join in the fun? she inquired oversweetly. But she was distracted from listening for his answer by a sudden whistling just above her ear, which surprised her into crouching just a little too late. But the weasel seemed to have lucked out: the psychotic crab with its newly-acquired power of flight had flown just a little too high, a little too far to smack into her, for all the frantic waving of its clacking brown-speckled claws it could muster. Kehehee—you missed! she screeched gleefully at the first wolf as she danced tauntingly about. Her bouncing arcs sent her long sleek body darting unpredictably through the air, like a demented furry fish able to leap over and over from the seas of sand.

What Nynka didn't notice in her eager jeering however, was where and how the crab did come to rest. Instead of connecting with her, it thocked solidly against a coconut tree, bounced off, and with skittering spiky legs spun awkwardly across the sand until it hit a rock at just the wrong angle and managed to flip itself right back onto its carapace with a much quieter thud against the sand. Mr. Crab was not having a good day. His legs scrabbled futilely at the air once more, grasping desperately for purchse but only barely managing to gently rock him back and forth on the gritty beach's surface, whilst his clasping pincers only managed to dig long wavery furrows in the same. Nynka was too busy crowing over the wolf's terrible aim to pay much attention to where her leaping feet were landing, right up until the crab's legs tickled their sides whilst her nimble, tidy right rear paw landed in their midst. Mr. Crab was at first alarmed and then relieved to find that the impact had finally flipped him upright once more when his feet finally connected properly with the sand and gravel below once more. Nynka, on the other hand, squeaked in surprise and went rocketing right back up into the air.

Mr. Crab's angry pinching claws went grabbing after her, but fortunately only just barely managed to connect with the end of one of Nynka's long whiskers. That tweaked painfully, but didn't do any real damage. What stunned her more was when her flailing somersaulting escape sent her whooshing past the sideways-scuttling crab and straight into a coconut trunk of her own, as her limber back measured its full length against the wood with the solidest of thunks yet. Nynka ricocheted back off it and almost managed to catch herself by her forefeet, until their own outsplayed claws sent up a fine spray of sand that caused her to sneeze, lose her balance, and end up solidly face-first in the loathsome gritty salt of the beach. She yanked her head up, spluttering and raking a clearing forepaw of her own across her face. This was not what she had had in mind for her next meal, not by a long shot!
Messages In This Thread
why do I come back for more? - by Hydra - March 28, 2018, 11:39 AM
RE: why do I come back for more? - by Nynka - March 31, 2018, 03:31 PM
RE: why do I come back for more? - by Thane - March 31, 2018, 03:44 PM
RE: why do I come back for more? - by Hydra - April 04, 2018, 02:22 PM
RE: why do I come back for more? - by Nynka - April 05, 2018, 10:22 PM
RE: why do I come back for more? - by Hydra - April 20, 2018, 01:10 PM