Wild Berry Meadow Burnin' Rubber
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Nevouku had gone a bit too far. And it was all from chasing a rabbit. Though if he were to be honest, he'd lost it some time ago. By now he was beginning to think he should head back...but there was something keeping him from doing so. He had met his brother again, Sebastian. But perhaps that bond had been shattered long ago.

Their meeting made him hesitant. What was he to do? Nev felt panic rise up thinking of the future.

@Seabreeze
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

it was not often seabreeze allowed herself to travel beyond the borders of sunspire, especially since the drama that had found its way to their borders more than once.  but she had a wandering soul, what could she say?

the meadow was beautiful; despite the snow that had forced itself upon the teekons again, blooms had started to work through the earth.  she took it in quietly, enjoying the meadow.

it was not long before someone was in sight; hesitantly, she chuffed to get his attention.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku whirled right around quickly upon hearing a chuff. He looked right to them, shaking a little due to his nervous tensions. He saw they were a female. But he still did not decide if they would prove a threat as of yet. Who were they? Had he stumbled upon a pack territory? Were they gonna kill him?

Nev panicked too much some might say. He stood there while watching them, silently.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

although she could smell pack-wolf on the boy, it seemed as if he thought she was going to kill him.  it was interesting — seabreeze hardly looked like she could kill enough food for herself, let alone anyone else.

i'm not going to hurt you, she assures him quietly, taking a single step closer.  are you alright?

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku gulped as she reassured him nothing was to happen. She took a step closer and he took one back. "I-I'm fine" he said back. He didn't want to make any sudden moves just in case that made them do something. "I'm fine r-right over here..."
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she studied him carefully, regarding his reserved and frightened nature with a frown.  i can stay right here, if you'd like.  tell me, what is your name?  something to get his mind off it, to pry him from his solitude.  if he did not want to talk about why he was so scared, she wouldn't make him.  

i'm seabreeze, from sunspire, she offered first, hoping she could lure him into talking.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku eyed the other carefully. She asked for his name, saying she would also hang back as well. The white and black male kept his distance as she remained at hers. Once she spoke her own name however, the male however still hesitant then spoke. 

"N...Nevouku" the male said to her. "Of...Of Redhawk" he added after then.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

it was a start, if nothing else.  nevouku, she repeated back, it's nice to meet you.  what are you doing out here?  she went to her haunches and then lay down completely.  perhaps, with her penchant for getting into trouble, she should have remained alert.. but really she just wanted to comfort this poor frightened stranger.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He watched her as she began to lay down while asking a question to him. He took another slow step back, still being careful as ever. "I was h-hunting something" he answered to her. But he had no doubt lost what he was hunting some time ago.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

he really wasn't giving her much to work with, but she took it in stride the best she could.  would you like me to help you find something?  i could hunt with you, maybe you would have more luck?  her ears flattened, tail tucking under to make herself the most nonthreatening she could possibly be.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku's face froze for a moment. He wasn't very sure about that. He barely knew her so he wasn't sure if he could ask her to help. "I, um...I...I c-can manage" he said, quietly at the end. Even though he knew he couldn't do so. 

"I-I don't want you to g-g-go and do something for me..." he said, with a bit of shyness.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

are you sure?  i really don't mind.  i want to help you, nevouku.  but she was losing ground, it seemed.  she was sure any moment now he would bolt.  i won't hurt you, or trick you.  i am a nice wolf.  i have a secret, if it will make you feel better.

though she was laying, she wormed an inch forward.  i am with child.  i can't put myself into danger right now, even if i wanted to.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku felt his heart soften. So she wanted to help him out. It was a kind gesture for sure. Even with...wait. He stared right at her, wide eyed. She was out this far...with a child?! "Wait, you have a child?!" He felt instantly worried. 

"It-It's dangerous out here, and with a pup and...and..." No he couldn't have someone pregnant help him. With the risk of an accident, or another predator, or...or...
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

i am pregnant, yes.  but my pack is not very far away.  i'm sure i could find a vole or a rabbit; they couldn't hurt me very much if they tried.  what do you say?

if this didn't work, she wasn't sure what could.  her tail wagged softly as she inched closer to him again, still as low to the ground as she could be.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He was too focused on the risks of a pregnant wolf becoming hurt. And at the cost of getting him something to take back. As he was focused he did not at all realize she was inching forth. 

"I...I don't know. If a wolf with child was h-hurt because of m-m-me, I could n-" He cut off there. He didn't want to think more on it. "I can't p-put someone at risk..." Then he paused... "I-If you think you are close enough...and...and i-i-if you really want to...if you are s-sure..."
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she gave him a small but genuine smile.  do you know anyone who has ever been hurt hunting a vole or a rabbit?  god, she hoped not, otherwise she would've just proved his point.  i can keep you company, at least.  you don't have to be out here all alone.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He suddenly felt his face flush. And he stilled. As he recalled when he had first come to Redhawk. Yes, he remembered. When he tried hunting a rabbit...it ended in thorns. The silence would have been plenty of an answer to that question. 

He huffed quietly. "F-Fine...just don't...if there is danger, you r-run." He was still worried. And some of that worry was still focused on the conversation with Seb.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

seriously?  i mean like, seriously?  he knew someone who had been injured getting a rabbit?  she is honestly kind of shocked.  but then he offers to hunt with her, and yay!  that means that he trusts her enough.  she sets on the trail he was on before, slowly.  

of course.  thank you for letting me help.  so, nevouku, is there anything else other than rabbit hunting that's got you so worried?  you seem scared out of your wits.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku's face fell as she brought that up. He wanted to say no. That there was nothing he was worried about. He tried to eep a straight face. "It's...it's nothing. I am al-always scared. How I-I-I am." He didn't want to bring up the trouble with Sebastian, especially to someone he barely knew. 

He got his nose down and started sniffing. And managed to pick up a trail. A hare perhaps? A rabbit? It seemed like rabbit. "This sc-scent is f-f-fresh."
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she shrugged.  if he said that's how he was, she'd take it at face value.  a good counselor didn't push.. even though his face totally betrayed that there was something he worried about.  oh well.

she turned to him and nodded silently, keeping behind him.  they could double team it.  she fanned out wide, hoping that if she found and startled it, it would dart straight towards nevouku.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku sighed. Holding it in, he wasn't sure he could hold the worry in for long. As he moved, he tracked the rabbit. Not noticing how Seabreeze moved off. If he had, he would have followed as he didn't want a pregnant wolf getting hurt at his own expense.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she continued along the trail, watching nevouku closely.  it was not long before the rabbit came into view.  she stalked towards it carefully, low to the ground and waited for nevouku's go-ahead.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku caught the scent strengthening. He would see it soon. He caught a whiff of Seabreeze's as well, her scent...ahead? He almost startled and tried to get eyes on her. If she ended up in the way...Then he saw her, and the rabbit ws ahead of her as well. 

He gave nervous mutterings under his breath. He would make this fast, hoping no one would get hurt. With that, he got up and started off into a chase after it.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she noticed his look of surprise but silently urged him on, her seaglass gaze focused intently on nevouku.

suddenly he bounded towards the rabbit and she began a sprint, jack-knifing towards it.  it had been so long since she'd actually strategized anything worthwhile, and she hoped that her little tactic would land the rabbit right in his jaws.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The rabbit spotted him, or rather heard him. It started off, and he started thinking he might fail in this hunt. The rabbit turned off, heading off toward Nevouku's hunting companion. Now he could see her plan. And he smiled, knowing for sure they would succeed. What could go wrong?