Dawnlark Plains my love is like a tempest
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

one last thread before the babies are here?

Catori was prowling, trying to count back in her head. She was almost nervous as Sunny and Easy set out, babying them even though something in her told her they needed to go go g o now that the babies were almost here. She wanted them right there too. She wanted all of them right there, and she had enjoyed the time she'd been able to spend with @Lavender as they cleaned out the den and made sure it was perfect. She appreciated how attentive Dauntless had been to the borders and just how good everyone had been to her in her pregnancy. What more could she ask for? 

Well. Right then, she was going to call Pregnancy Princess a real title and make sure that what she wanted she actually got. 

She called for @Grayday and reclined Sphinx-like as prettily as she could manage even if it was mostly for her own benefit. He could feel when he got close if he wanted the 'visual' of every large curve to her body and see her at the very end of her first pregnancy. As an after thought, the woman wasn't sure if she'd been too demanding in her call or not; hopefully he wouldn't think it was time .

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Luckily, Grayday had a certain instinct for things like when a woman was about to give birth. Perhaps it was born of experience, or perhaps he was simply in tune with the scents his wife was giving off. Either way, he was not too worried as he made his way toward the source of her call. He hastened, of course, because he was at Catori's beck and call these days - to his pleasure, of course - but tried not to worry overmuch about what he might find at the end of the short trip. He'd know soon enough.

"Hey, ginger," he greeted, lowering himself and belly-crawling the last few feet toward his woman. Automatically, he leaned around her front to nose at the roundness of her sides, not letting up until one of his unborn children poked him in the nose for his efforts. "Everything alright?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori was satisfied with his timing and gave a pleased rumble as he approached, watching as he served his children first. It was cute, her tail tapping the earth for a bit as he poked and prodded until a baby finally had enough and jabbed him back. Well - they'd have no doubts the Sameth and Corten blood since they were feisty already. "We were missing Daddy." Catori explained pleasantly as she pressed her snout to his cheek, nibbling at his fur along his jaw. "We'll have more babies soon - I would have thought already." She admitted with a little quirk of her lips. 

She didn't have experience though, and maybe she couldn't do math well (no shame!) but she figured she was big enough that either she was having twelve or she'd certainly drop her litter soon. "I did want to talk to you.....I know you know Sunny and I talked about Keoni." He'd let the children go, after all, to visit Easthollow again. Easy was doing her proud as a scout. "I didn't mention it, but Sunny called me 'Ma'." She said with a fond note to her voice - even thinking about it was getting her emotional again. "You've given me such wonderful kids." Catori said, tucking herself against Grayday's chest.

Damn hormones.

Or had she always been a sap?

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He thumped his tail at her announcement, pleased that his mate would be missing him while he was away. "Daddy's here, now," he said with a toss of his head, rolling onto his back and wiggling until he was lying across Catori's forelegs. A silver-speckled muzzle buried itself in the thick fur of her neck. "Any day, now," he agreed, combing his teeth through her fur. Any day, but... not yet. They would both know when the time came, he thought.

"Mhm," he agreed, half-listening to his wife's words as she spoke. She had such a pretty voice, but it was always hard to focus on it with her heady scent in his nares. All he wanted to do was touch her, reassure himself of her presence and gravid state. Her news about Sunny, however, was sufficient enough to jar him back to reality. "He did?" said Grayday, pleased but aghast. Sunny had been the most emotionally distant of his children, in Grayday's opinion. Although Dawn had been aloof for most of her childhood, they'd reconnected in the past several months. Despite the reticent nature of their relationship, he still felt a close bond with the girl. The pain of being a father to Sunny was that, although he was a warm and kind-hearted individual, Grayday felt that there was a deep rift in their father-son bond. He wanted his children to see him as he had seen his own father, but he felt that Sunny did not have that faith in him - completely understandable, but entirely heartbreaking.

"You're amazing," he said to her, glad that one of them, at least, was getting through to the boy.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours