Herbalists' Cache I cannot close my eyes
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
By now, she was fairly certain she walked on unclaimed lands. Pack scent was blowing to her on a westward wind, but the snow-painted scene she found herself in was absent of activity. That made it a perfect place to hunt up something to eat - there were rabbits and pheasants in spades. She just had to find them.

Silently, she crept through the brush, nose twitching delicately as she tried to track her prey. The cold made it more difficult to pick up scents, but the warm, feathery smell of pheasants was definitely present in this area.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Having returned from easthollow in brighter spirits he decided to roam a bit before actually returning to Morningside. The nearby area reeked of pheasants and rabbit, both things he enjoyed hunting and he thought returning home with a meal would be the pleasant thing to do.

He followed the scent, losing it occasionally due to the bitter wind of the day but picking it up again eventually. It was a tedious process but the scent was strong and definitely there so he wouldn't give up easily. Just as he was growing closer to the scent he also caught the scent of a female nearby and it made him instantly wary. He'd had two experiences, one good and one bad when hunting off territory and he prayed this to be a good one. With that silent prayer he continued onward, spotting the dark hued female ahead of him. He gave her a wide circle and stopped in front of her but hidden from the birds and tried to grab her attention. If he did he would motion for her to go first. He'd let her go for a kill and then try for his own, he wouldn't try to speak or form a team plan at risk of frightening them.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Her nose was beginning to run, making it even harder for her to smell her prey - or anything else, for that matter. Skraeling was ready to give it up as a bad job. She could go another day without eating, but she had a feeling she was coming down with something, and illness needed rest to combat it. That's what her mom had always said, at least. But, just as she was about to turn away to find someplace warm-ish to curl up, she caught sight of the man trying to catch her eye from beyond the bush she'd been sniffing at.

She glanced behind her, bewildered by this interest. Who, me? she thought to herself. But there was no one else around, and the man was making a face at her like he wanted something from her, or maybe he was inviting her somewhere! "Hello!" she called out hurriedly, realizing far too long had passed and what if the man thought she was weird, now?

Except, right as she spoke, it became obvious what he'd wanted. The pheasants they'd both been hunting for suddenly took flight, scattering in all directions at the sound of her voice. "Oops," said Rae, ears falling back in embarrassment.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Just as soon as she had noticed him and seen him gesturing she shouted out to him and he cringed. The birds squawked and took off in a flustered and frightened group and he sighed. Turning back to her he saw the look of embarrassment on her face and felt his disappointment soften. She was definitely a pretty face and she looked sweet like that. He wasn't one to let a woman or really anyone be upset. "Hello! It's alright. I probably could have made it a bit more clear what I wanted."he said kindly. He moved closer his tail giving a slow wag and he breathed in her scent. Free of pack smell, she was a loner. Not one he'd ever seen before but he was sure there were plenty of those. "Chin up...don't be embarrassed. Sometimes I goof up too. I'm Sunny"he introduced while trying to cheer her up.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
She was prepared to flee in order to save what dignity she had left, but the man didn't seem too upset with her, and Skraeling wasn't about to pass up some company - especially company that looked fit and well-fed. "I'm not embarrassed," she protested, although her heated cheeks said otherwise.

Tentatively, she padded toward the stranger, nostrils flaring as she tried to take in his scent. A pack wolf - was he here to tell her to get lost? Maybe he would take her home! Either way, now was not the time to make a bad first impression. "I'm Skraeling," she replied with a wag of her tail and a winning smile. "But you can call me Rae - it's less of a mouthful."
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny snorted softly and couldn't help but smile, but instead of protesting he nodded and accepted her statement. Perhaps he had misread her posture, it was entirely possible. As she closed the rest of the distance he caught his breath for a moment. She was definitely pretty on the outside but what about the inside. She introduced herself and he smiled at her name. He always found himself impressed by the unique names he sometimes heard from others. "Well Rae, it's nice to meet you. I feel bad about the hunt though. Not because I really needed it but because you must be hungry" he said as an idea began to form.

She looked healthy and able in body which meant she'd be an adequate hunter if not a great one, her fur was thick and made it hard to tell her muscular structure but he figured she could probably fight if need be. Are you looking for a pack? My dad runs Morningside a bit aways in the Taiga and I'm sure he'd accept another member. What are your skills?"he asked curiously. He was rather hopeful she would say she wanted to check morningside out, it would be cool if he had scored a recruit.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
While they stood there in the snow, Skraeling gave a little sniffle, wishing her nose wasn't running in front of this nice man. Sunny was still going on about her serious mistake, acting as though it was his fault instead of hers. She almost protested, not wanting to look too pitiful, but her rumbling stomach made her jaws click back together in chagrin. She couldn't exactly say she wasn't hungry now.

"I am looking for a pack!" she said excitedly, braving the last few steps between them to give the man a shy sniff. Yes, he was from one of the packs she'd been avoiding - and it seemed as though he wasn't angry at her for being so close! Everything was coming up Skraeling... until Sunny mentioned the catch. Of course there was a catch. "Um, well, you see," she began, avoiding his eye, "I don't really have a lot of skills. I just left home, sir, and I can hunt a little to feed myself, but I'm not very good at it yet... but I can learn! And I'm really fast. I'm really fast and I'm never tired, and I can find places pretty well, I think, so I can carry messages - or I could babysit! I won't ever sleep while I'm watching puppies because they're loud anyway, and I can dig dens and caches and I can guard the borders - but I'm not too good at fighting or growling and I'll do anything! You won't regretitsirIpromise!"

Finally, Skraeling took a deep breath and looked pleadingly into Sunny's eyes. Please please please please please, bespoke the arch of her spine and hopeful wag of her tail.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The excitement was a relief. He'd half expected to be told she wasn't looking for a pack to join quite yet or that she'd preferred the loner life. Instead he was met with pleading and a list of things she could do. He laughed and began to speak "Well....hmm...let's see...I dont know" the words were said with playful teasing before he began to speak in earnest. "Speed is useful, we tend to do group hunts with large prey. You could be a runner, chasing it toward the offense. Babysitting is great because my dad's mate Catori is going to have babies. We have three allies so messages would probably be sent if need be...I think you'd be useful for sure. Why don't you come back with me?"He offered with a bright smile, optimistic about this female. Not only was she quirky and beautiful but she listed things he could see being fairly useful in the long-term.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling smelled victory before Sunny even spoke - it was something in his expression that she was used to seeing on her elder brother's faces when they were about to give in. A grin spread across her face and her tail began to wag double-time as he spoke, even if the words themselves didn't seem very promising. She could tell when she was being teased.

Rae nodded along with his words, filing all this information away in case she needed it later on. It sounded like this place would be rife with pups soon enough as well, and although she wasn't really a fan of wolves smaller than her, she could deal with it now that she knew how much it sucked not to be in a pack. Besides, they were pretty cute. "I'd be glad to!" she said with feeling, glancing behind Sunny as if his pack would appear right behind him. "But.. do you think they'll like me?" she asked then, not sure how she felt about meeting a whole bunch of other wolves.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He couldn't help himself and even before he had finished speaking he returned her grin,revealing that he was just kidding around. When she said she would come back to Morningside with him he wagged his tail about to tell her to follow him when she asked a question that made his features soften. "I just met you and I like you, im sure my dad and everyone else will too"He said earnestly. He motioned for her to follow him and continued speaking to soothe her nerves. "Everyone is super friendly in Morningside.  My dad and sister are leaders with  our healer Pema as a third. Alot of the members are actually family. Shale is my uncle, my dad,three sisters Lavender, Easy, and Daw. and one brother named Dauntless plusmy new mom Catori. Even those who aren't blood are really considered family."He said and turned to offer a confident smile. 

He gave her a gentle nudge with his shoulder playfully "Be yourself. So long as you are polite and dont cause problems you'll  do amazingly"

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, wow! He liked her! Skraeling's cheeks heated under her fur, and she was on the verge of saying something unforgiveable like I like you too when her better sense took hold. He went on to say that she should be herself and they'd like her just fine, which didn't seem like the best idea, but whatever.

"Okay," she said dubiously, tiptoeing after the larger wolf. They'd just see about that. She would try it his way first, but if things got too weird, she was going to start pretending to be someone else. Her mom, maybe. One of her older brothers.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He could hear the uncertainty in her voice and playfully swatted at her with his tail as he continued to walk onward. "Im not the brightest or most socially inept wolf around. I can be annoying. I caused my family some...well no a lot of pain. They still love me. In Morningside faults dont seem to matter so long as they aren't a hazard to the pack."He spoke calmly before turning to look at her over his shoulder. "Besides, I think Quirks make a wolf more interesting. Wanna race back? It's straight ahead, you'll smell it if you beat me there"He offered playfully. Something to distract her from her apparent self consciousness, he was sure she could beat him with ease. He was big and strong, largeness came with lack of speed. If she accepted the challenge he would put his all into it though, always one for friendly competition.

We can fade on your next post unless you want me to post again?

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling goggled at the older wolf, eyes wide as she nodded along to his story. What must it be like to have pain and experience under one's proverbial belt? Rae couldn't really fathom it, but it sure made Sunny seem big and important.

"Okay," she agreed with a wag of her tail, darting ahead already. He was going to lose!
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!