Moonspear dreamless, uninvaded sleep
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Squirmy potato pear thread is a go!

✴        The warmth here was different from the warmth before. It seemed more potent. There was a band of undulating ever-present blackness that the newborn could not see; he felt it shift, but like the void from whence he came, he could not tell how often. There were other disturbances which the shapeless one was only aware of in the vaguest of senses - he could not see his siblings, he could not hear them as they murmured in their sleep or when they gorged themselves on their mother's milk - yet he knew they were there, as he had known he had not been alone before. The boy's sense of taste was something new and incongruent, and perhaps this is what stopped him from slumbering so readily like the others. He was filled with a great and unending need to eat, but this was a process he had yet to master, being merely hours old. He had glut himself upon the darkness before - when he had felt the world end - and since then the hunger only grew, and the boy knew not what to do about it.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
They were still so new, and as such, she was still tired--riddled with ache, too, as she re-adjusted to life with the newborns at her side once again.  Accordingly enough, the hours that followed their arrival were spent in a haze. Feeling too faraway and half-asleep sometimes, yet dialed-up to maximum in the very next second.. she went through the motions with them as she tried to grow accustomed to her every move having a domino effect on them, as well as their perpetual long lists of needs, and all else that the littlest Ostrega lives warranted.

When she felt one moving, possibly, she roused from her almost-doze and shot a quick glare to the pile of (presumably) sleeping puppies to find the offender. Unable to narrow it down exactly to one thing wrong, she gave a few of them soft nudges to the rump in an effort to scoot them closer to each other as well as her warmth. She curled in around even tighter and hoped that would solve it before the whole litter came to wiggling about too.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
he had been sleeping  -- content and dreamless as the title of this thread suggested -- up until something wriggled against him. rocked into the waking world by the motion, he loosened a mighty yawn and announced his awakening with a displeased squeal.

he then felt something cold and warm at once bump him, nudging him closer to the sides of his siblings. still unaware they were living things like him he sought their warmth with a tired yawp, burying his head into the crook of revui's neck.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami's life had been a quiet one thus far. Eat, then sleep. Eat, then sleep. There was some squirming in between, some periodic invasion of a cleansing tongue, and of course the random re-shuffle of her wriggly body amongst the other wriggly bodies. Overall, Yami had little to complain about. So long as her routine wasn't interrupted too often. Or ever.

But, there it was. Something squirmed, and that of course set off a whole chain reaction of response squirms. Yami gave a mournful whimper as she felt the wolf-made walls around her shift, rousing her from her nap. She stretched out her little arms before her as she was smushed further into the puppy pile, pawing at what was either a mom's belly, a sister's face or a brother's bum - she didn't know. Whatever it was, she felt a sudden urge to try and feed from it. And so she reached with gaping jaws to give an exploratory nibble to the side of her twin's head.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The blob known as Revui had eaten so much, and so fast, and now the very core of him was unsettled. He cooed and cried, kicked and rolled, and eventually moved in such a way that the gas within him shifted; a swift kick from a sibling was the last thing he needed, and out of his rear came a mess of foul smelling half-digested milk, soaking in to his nearest brother or sister. At least he was quiet afterwards, relishing in the comfort release brought him. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
They reacted or they roused, each in their own way, and she narrowed her eyes at them with a tired, vague curiosity. Too fresh, too new, their impressions were still taking shape as they settled in. Ame preferred not to dwell, especially when greeted with the foul, messy realty of whelps once more. All a very quick reminder on why she typically liked puppies less the littler they were.

Already way too invested in the little shits, she wrinkled her nose (eventually to the point of a pretty considerable grimace) and scooted the brownish duo closer to her hindpaws--out of range of this nasty, as she huffed a sigh and cleaned up the offender Revui and ground zero victim Arcturus roughly enough to get the job done. She passed a quick glance to the others over the work on the boys, but hoped they could keep it together long enough to not make it worse.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n