Sun Mote Copse Fight or Flight
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
The snow storm had not bothered Clock, but it had held him up. He'd been wandering around the heart of the Teekon Wilds for some time now, looking for the pack he had been pledged to before winter had struck - Tindome. He'd heard rumors that the pack had indeed officially formed but that they'd moved East to a different location. For a while, he thought he'd look for them. He had liked the female leader's sharp wit and enthusiastic attitude and had also liked several of the other pledged members. Now, though, after the long winter, he wasn't sure if he was ever going to find them and all he seemed to be doing was wandering aimlessly about. Perhaps it would be best to take what he could get. He knew there were several wolf packs in the area. The problem was that he was nervous to approach them. He knew some of the packs were very unfriendly to strangers and so far, he'd managed to steer clear of any territorial markings.

Clock had spent the previous night wedged uncomfortably between two smooth rocks in an effort to shield himself from the blizzarding snow. He had woken up with 2 inches of it covering his thick, light-colored coat along with a serious ache in his lumbar region. He had looked miserably out at the snow covered land and decided he needed to hunt first and foremost. So he moved along quietly through a large, barren meadow until he got to a copse of trees. He went eagerly ahead, thinking to himself that the area would be perfect to check for hiding rabbits or squirrels. As he came closer, however, he hesitated when the scent of other wolves crossed his nose. It wasn't exactly the scent of a territorial marking, but it was darn close. Feeling frustrated, Clock started to turn away. He didn't want to take any chances on coming across unfriendly wolves. He had a lanky build as it was (long, stick like legs with a lean chest), and the hard winter had only made him thinner and weaker - therefore in no condition to be challenging groups of wolves. As he was turning, though, his ears pricked forward at the sound of something moving purposefully through the trees. Too late to run, he realized it was another wolf approaching...
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
@Arrille @Kyera @Koji feel free to join if you want

Chusi had been walking the borders carefully, ocher eyes peering into the lands outside the forest they wished to claim. It seemed they had chosen a very, very peaceful place. There was not a soul around, which meant more food but also less members. But they could make it work! her friends and her could do anything. And wouldn't you know it, there was someone close! He was too dark to be Arrille and too light to be Koji or Kyera so surely this was a new soul.

Hiya! She called happily, slowing to a stop to face him. It was her trademark greeting; a happy chipped hello and a warm smile.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
His body was ready to run, but in the following split second his mind realized that the dark wolf was greeting him in a friendly manner. A very friendly manner. Perhaps one more cunning than Clock would be suspicious, but Clock had been raised in a friendly pack and so it was a welcome relief to see a smiling face with a warm voice. The way she faced Clock head-on, though, suggested to him that she was in a position of leadership.

"Hi," he replied with a quick wag of his tail. He snuffled at the cold wind and ducked his head a little in submission when he matched her scent to the strong one around the area. "My name is Clock. I'm just passing through." He hesitated a moment, then added, "I was looking for an ideal place to hunt... some rabbits or squirrels."
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Well, ya won't have much competition 'round 'ere - it's more empty than a lonesome grotto. She joked, worrying deep inside. It had taken days for someone to show up, what if it took just as long to find others? She suddenly wasn't so sure about staying anymore if she was being completely honest with herself and her companions. They needed a home, she wanted to grant them one, but maybe they were better off elsewhere...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Clock looked at the female with interest. The worried tone shadowing her cheerful response did not go unnoticed to him, and he wondered if he should be worried too. If there were no other wolves around to hunt with, survival would be tough.

"Is this your territory?" he asked, gesturing to the meadow behind her. He could tell something wasn't right, but he wasn't sure what it was just yet. As for himself, though, he was already considering moving on from the Tuktu Hinterlands.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She giggled, shaking her fur while shrugging - something that was made comical by her fluffy mane falling over a part of her shoulders. Sorta -we're new here, but ya're tha first soul we've seen in'a loooong while. She explained, probably explaining her worries in one swift sweep.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
He surveyed the snowy land behind the female, wondering how many others were involved and if there might be a place for him amongst them. "I see. Well, like I said, my name is Clock and I'm sort of just passing through, but to be truthful I don't actually have any destination in mind." He shuffled his paws a little, trying not to feel awkward. He hated seeming desperate, but this female seemed so nice and he was tired of being on his own. He didn't know how much longer he would last. "If you have any use for another among your ranks, I'm a fairly adept hunter..." he let his voice trail off.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was a very accepting young woman. Anyone who felt at home with her was welcome, even if other members thought differently. She swished her tail enthusiastically and with a smile said; We have a real gud tracker - 'Think ya'd make a great team. Of course Clock was welcome. Anyone was if they weren't being a dick. His name's Koji. He's prolly 'round, if ya wanna find him. She winked, stepping aside so she wasn't blocking his way into the territory anymore.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
He let his breath out, feeling relieved. She hadn't even hassled him a little! "Gosh! That's... that's very kind of you!" he said appreciatively, stammering over his words a little. He had not always come across friendly wolves in the Teekons, and most wolves were naturally intolerant of strangers.

He nodded at her mentioning of this other wolf, Koji. "Great! I'll be sure to find him. Thanks again!" He opened his mouth in a doggy grin at her, then surveyed the copse behind her as she stepped graciously aside. He was looking forward to a good meal, and this would be the perfect place for rabbits to hide out. He nodded at Chusi, then dashed off into the trees.
end scene?