Dragoncrest Cliffs i could find you by heartbeat
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil frowns when Wildfire assures her what it is. She hates to see all the hope lost from her mate but, maybe, it’s for the best. She doesn’t question it, or offer any false sense of hope, for she doesn’t want to try and stir up anything painful between them. It’s hard enough they’ve lost their chance for the year but with everything going on, she wonders if it’s a sign from the commanders. They have war brewing a second time and putting their future in jeopardy isn’t on her agenda.

The kill isn’t taken right away but it isn’t the end of the conversation. Wildfire hasn’t spoken much about the miscarriage and she naturally hadn’t pushed for more information. In due time, if at all, she’d open up, and now that she has, Thuringwethil adjusts all her attention on what she’s saying. Ears cupped forward and she lifts her head, watching as she struggles to explain what happen. She’d named it, or them perhaps, but frowns as she decides that something is wrong with her.

With the pause, she opens her mouth to say something but struggles with the words. Instead, Wildfire fills the space again with the suggestion that she should carry them. Her ears fall back and she becomes silent, prolonging saying anything at all. It had never been an argument with Wildfire wanted to be the one to carry them, she never had to tell her she has had no interest in it. But seeing her mate torn up about it, knowing her desire for a big family is strong, it is hard to deny her. Ajatar’s words are still fresh in her mind and she frowns.

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” she tells her, leaning forward to nudge her cheek. “There’s nothing wrong with you. You went through a lot a few months ago and it took a long time for you to recover. Maybe you weren’t ready,” she offers, hoping to soothe her anxieties about what may or may not be wrong with her, but Thuringwethil has never been good at that, always saying the wrong thing to cheer her up and doing the exact opposite. She speaks tentatively, knowing it’ll likely backfire at some point, and doesn’t address the suggestion just yet.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
i could find you by heartbeat - by Antumbra - April 03, 2018, 12:35 PM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Wildfire - April 03, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Antumbra - April 03, 2018, 02:16 PM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Wildfire - April 03, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Antumbra - April 04, 2018, 09:39 AM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Wildfire - April 04, 2018, 09:50 AM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Antumbra - April 04, 2018, 05:52 PM
RE: i could find you by heartbeat - by Wildfire - April 05, 2018, 08:18 AM