Lion Head Mesa morning star shook me from my sleep
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
All Welcome 

He did not know how he arrived at this place, but he knew it wasn't where he was supposed to be. There was this itch at the back of his neck - a feeling like he was being watched and the hairs were standing on end. Larus knew his name, knew who he was, and thoroughly so. But this was not home. He was supposed to be -- over there? Or over here? The man paced across the winding mesa until his pads were raw, awaiting the moment where he would remember, or see something, or smell a familiar scent upon the arid spring wind. Nothing came. Every so often he thought he saw spires rising in the distance - a mirage of sorts, a fleeting memory as it was unjustly purged from his mental space - and then nothing but open air and questions.
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Was going to answer the first Lonely Thread on the list. Yours was it. Congratulations.

Kalina had smelled wolves in this place from a mile off, the scent was so strong. And not just here-here, at this mesa, but anywhere around. The smart voice in the back of her head told her that coming to say hello to a bunch of wolves was about the stupidest thing in the world, but the less rational and louder part of her head told her to do it anyways. Or else what was the point of leaving home? At home she always had security, surrounded by her mother and sisters. Always enough food and never any wolves to bother them. Her mother had always led them away from wolves. But Kalina found them… intriguing. Her bigger cousins, especially the males, caused a thrill throughout her body when she thought of them—thought of how dangerous they were, how exciting. 

She marched across the flat expanse and a particularly strong scent of wolf caught her nose. She turned towards it with a gleam in her brown eyes. Male. Kalina had only recently had her first heat. It had come and gone in a matter of days. She was no longer fertile. But her heat had been what had dragged her away from her sisters, intent upon finding a suitable male anywhere in the vicinity at which to throw herself. The search had been fruitless, but there was some left-over instinct there that drove her in the direction of the male wolf. Soon enough, the yellow-faced coyote was staring upwind at the yellow-faced wolf. Cautiously, she wagged her tail.
Kalina is semi-Hardcore Mode! See her profile (at the bottom) for more details.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

There was a scent on the wind that was vaguely alluring, but upon noticing it - and turning his head - he was caught in an updraft of coyote, which reminded him of how hungry he was. That was good and bad; it indicated that he'd been out here for a long time. Long enough to need something to fill his gut, anyways, so maybe a day or two, perhaps longer. As the silvered wolf turned to investigate the scent he was caught by further surprise when the coyote in question was standing right there. They seemed pleased to see him, and advanced without the wariness usually indicative to their breed. Flustered more by his confusing circumstances than the appearance of the coyote, Larus decided to play it cool for now - he never did develop a taste for other canines like some wolves often did. He carefully advanced so that he could watch the coyote on her approach, and as she got nearer, he detected that faint scent again (not realizing it was because of her ending estrus), but he said nothing, and kept his posture neutral.
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Hello I suck but. First I was sick, then I was helping boyfriend move, and still am helping him move, and I only have three weeks in the semester left so homework and finals are crashing down around my head oops

Well, he still wasn’t attacking her, so she decided he was probably harmless, at least for now. “Hey, there,” she called out, though she was aware that for some reason not all wolves could understand coyotes. She’d never had any trouble understanding wolves, so maybe the ones who couldn’t understand her were just lying or something. “Whatcha doin’ out here all by yourself, handsome?” That little bit of flirting was a holdover from her heat a few days before, the instinct to mate still relatively strong, even though it would not result in pups like she wanted. She took another tentative step forward, but her muscles were tensed a bit in case he didn’t take kindly to her flirtatious manner.
Kalina is semi-Hardcore Mode! See her profile (at the bottom) for more details.